Been a good run. Hey yall

Related:
Create New Tag

1/22/2019 10:22 AM

After 17 years of riding and 12 years on the forum I'm calling it quits. With my wrist being complete trash now, and getting injured not being worth it anymore with work and having 2 young children. Once my bike is sold I'm finally deleting my account on here. Its been a good run.

|

1/22/2019 10:30 AM

sad
|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

1/22/2019 10:36 AM

Sad to hear ... keep your bike for riding the pumptrack with your kids ...

|

1/22/2019 10:49 AM

That's unfortunate. I wish you all the best with whatever you go to next... smile

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/22/2019 10:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2019 11:10 AM

;-;

EDIT: Just wait though, Cybernetics and Biorobotics are fastly growing fields of science. Could have a robot arm someday.

|

1/22/2019 11:02 AM

At least your not going out like those sissy’s Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington , good luck with whatever comes next for you man

|

1/22/2019 11:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2019 11:05 AM

Just get on a bike with front suspension. Like a 26 or 28” dirt jumper! A lot easier on the body but I’m sure you know this.

Good luck wherever your next adventures take you and your family.

|

1/22/2019 11:09 AM

This sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do. And I hope the photography is going well!
Stay in the loop mate

|

1/22/2019 11:29 AM

Sucks dude. Wish there were something I could say to change your mind but I also understand your position. Don't want to be ruined (or unable to provide for the family) because of thrill seeking. Unless you think staying on the forum will tempt you to come back, why not hang out with your account & help those who might have a problem you can solve. Maybe move on to the photography aspect of the sport or show promotion?

|

1/22/2019 11:53 AM

Farewell friend. ?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

1/22/2019 12:27 PM

I can see quitting riding. But, what is the point of deleting your account?

|

1/22/2019 12:49 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

;-;

EDIT: Just wait though, Cybernetics and Biorobotics are fastly growing fields of science. Could have a robot arm someday.

Beat me to it! grin
Just imagine how tough the bikes will have to be to support all the crazy things we will be able to do!
Everything will be made out of the toughest chromoly around and nothing will be hollow ! w00t

|

1/22/2019 1:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2019 1:07 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

;-;

am-shaegar wrote:

Beat me to it! grin
Just imagine how tough the bikes will have to be to support all the crazy things we will be able to do!
Everything will be made out of the toughest chromoly around and nothing will be hollow ! w00t

A full on robotic man that is unbreakable might even need a chromoly stem smile

|

Hmmm

1/22/2019 1:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2019 1:09 PM

Sucks to see you go but I can see why you might want to, I hope you find something else to entertain you that maybe not so taxing on the wrist

|

Hmmm

1/22/2019 1:18 PM

blizzbikes wrote:

After 17 years of riding and 12 years on the forum I'm calling it quits. With my wrist being complete trash now, and getting injured not being worth it anymore with work and having 2 young children. Once my bike is sold I'm finally deleting my account on here. Its been a good run.

Very sad but understandable...everyone does what is right for them as an individual. If you do choose to come back to riding or this forum Im sure there will be open arms! smile

|

1/22/2019 11:24 PM

So uh, you got any classic animal parts laying around?
But for real, that’s a bummer but i understand your descision.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/22/2019 11:24 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

This sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do. And I hope the photography is going well!
Stay in the loop mate

I will try to here and there. Going to be focusing primarily on photography for now.

|

1/22/2019 11:25 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

So uh, you got any classic animal parts laying around?
But for real, that’s a bummer but i understand your descision.

I might actually I'll message ya on instagram if I find any while cleaning out old stuff.

|

1/23/2019 4:06 AM

Hang on to your bike, buy a long seatpost and set it up for cruising with the kids. You can still stay in shape that way and have some fun.

|

1/23/2019 4:44 AM

408gt91 wrote:

Hang on to your bike, buy a long seatpost and set it up for cruising with the kids. You can still stay in shape that way and have some fun.

Thats what Inhave mynbig bike for. Don't have the room for the bmx to just sit being unused. Would rather the money go elsewhere like hospital bills and or camera.

|

1/23/2019 2:23 PM

Getting older, a family man...I think we know it's inevitable...buy the Lycra shorts now and get it over with! Road cycling, it's the new golf.

|

1/24/2019 5:14 AM

SirCaseAlot wrote:

Getting older, a family man...I think we know it's inevitable...buy the Lycra shorts now and get it over with! Road cycling, it's the new golf.

I've been doing that for like 6-7 years.

You can also get baggy shorts and MTB it.

But regardless, take er easy Aaron, maybe I'll see you around the cities snapping photos and on all the social media stuff.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/24/2019 9:33 AM

Sorry to hear you have to leave man. Hopefully it's not the end of bmx for you.
I quit bmx at 20 to go live with my dad abroad. I ended up getting married and having 2 kids and back in the US divorced exactly 10 years later.
My mom sent me an old diamondback just like the one I used to have when I lived with her. Rode it for nostalgia therapy a bit but now I'm back into it, still have 2 kids but now get to bmx almost every day and have my kids half the week.
my 8yo is now asking for a bike with pegs like mine.
All that to say, dont say your final goodbyes just yet. Life may bring you back around to a time when you can enjoy it just as much again. Cheers!

|

1/28/2019 6:19 AM

I've come and gone with bmx many times each time i never fully left it. But this time it's different. Don't feel the urge to want to ride anymore ect.... Like i said I have my downhill big kid bike.

|

1/28/2019 6:25 AM

blizzbikes wrote:

I've come and gone with bmx many times each time i never fully left it. But this time it's different. Don't feel the urge to want to ride anymore ect.... Like i said I have my downhill big kid bike.

as long as you're still peddling something, its all good

|

fack off

2/5/2019 11:22 AM

Decided to keep my account on here.

|

2/5/2019 12:50 PM

blizzbikes wrote:

Awesome! Just because you don't ride doesn't mean you can't talk smack about riding. Glad to have you with us still

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

2/5/2019 1:34 PM

blizzbikes wrote:

Downhill bikes are fun! I do that all summer and ride bmx in the winter.

|

brakeless maniac

2/5/2019 11:28 PM

blizzbikes wrote:

Great! No point in leaving, as it's an outlet for conversation with users you are comfortable speaking.

|

2/11/2019 9:05 PM

man, glad to hear you will still stay on the site

I am going to be 50 this year. Rode BMX all through the 70's and 80's. Got into MTB in the 90's, then went thru the same thing as you at about 28 years old....life, touring with a rock band etc "got in the way" of biking.

Now on this side of all of it, I regret just 2 things:

1. quitting riding
2. cutting ties with all of the people/buds I had doing it

thankfully I kept my bikes. Now, I am riding both MTB and BMX again as a healthy mid life crisis. I don't send it like I used to, BUT, I am still trying moderate stuff. I am 2 years out from a heart attack as well, so I have to be careful...but not too carefull wink

you gotta do what life pulls you towards, but just realize that the thign that has defined you for the first part of your life can also be the thing that you fall bak on on the other side. what got me back into it was my 12 year old step son finding my old Mongoose from the 80's, and him wanting to go learn to ride. Hell...it was one of the best therapy's I could have asked for, and I didn't even think about it...

7 years later, we now have bonded over this awesome activity/sport...BMX "corrupting" another youth!!!

Good luck in your endeavors though...heal that wrist!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence