Been messing around lately...Stationary

Related:
Create New Tag

10/27/2017 11:05 PM

Pretty sure Im nowhere near ready to get back to doing tricks considering my doctor said "No tricks till the end of the year or the beginning of next" but there are some basic movements I can practice while I wait.

I have been lightly practicing X-ups, tabogans and barspins.

I figure I would just do a million dry runs and perhaps be a step ahead of the game when Im ready to start jumping around again.

I have trouble with stretching, i have never been limber in any way, x-ups feel insane to my body lol.

Maybe bmx could replace yoga in the future...

Just a thought and Im sure you have all done similar, what are some other "dry" versions of tricks that you practice and would recommend? Not guaranteeing ill commit to any particular trick but bike familiarity is a good thing when doing risky business, as you all know.

|

10/27/2017 11:36 PM

I remember years ago learning turndowns by laying on my back with the bike upside down in the air and practicing the motion. All tricks feel completely different when you're actually doing them though. You might learn bad muscle memory and struggle to put the tricks into practice

|

10/28/2017 6:38 AM

I'd say hang 5s, nose mannys/presses, mannys. It's much harder to balance any of those while you're stationary but it helps a lot when you actually go to do them if you can hold them for a few seconds stationary.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

10/28/2017 6:52 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I remember years ago learning turndowns by laying on my back with the bike upside down in the air and practicing the motion. ...more

Thats a good point I forgot to mention. Perhaps Id be hindering myself with some things. But I like the other suggestions. I was trying to learn turndowns for a couple sessions a while back. Just got a buch of poorly sideways-ish landed bar turns lol.

|