Beginner. Advice please! Photos!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2018 12:40 PM

Hello!

I'm new into this world. I have been trying different extreme sports my whole life. I have been doing longboard for 3 years. The last 2 years I have been skating and before that I was really into downhill biking.

Lastly I'm so interested on trying BMX, as I have never been able to try out since a friend of mine bought one. It's a fantastic way to crush my teeth and that's great!! Hahaha... Nah, really, It's fantastic, it gives an incredible sensation of freedom and I really need help as I'm trying to buy one for me.

I have no idea of the brands. I'm posting a photo of second-hand bikes sold on my area.

The red one is so expensive (3 times the price of the other ones) but if there's so much quality difference. I'm ok with that. The other ones have the same price more or less... What should I choose? I'm interested on jumping around in the streets. I'm not a tall guy, but not too short. I'm around 70 kg. Please help me!!

I have tried to say all I discovered about every bike

THanks a lot guys!

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/13/2018 1:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2018 1:09 PM

Well, not knowing what brands & models the bikes are is hard to make a definitive declaration as to which it's best. But I can say the red & last black bike are your best bet. The first 4 are lower end... At best. Of the red & last back bike, I'd place them as red bring the better of the two. I can't speak to how long either of those bikes will last but they will definitely last longer that the first 4. I wouldn't even bother with them.

If you have a chance, read thru this:

complete buyer's guide

It should give you some insight into what you look for in a decent bike.

|

1/13/2018 1:23 PM

Thanks a lot!!! I get it! Mishin thanks for the link too I will definetly start checking that.

The red one is 300 eur (365 dollars) it has a Primo stem and animal bar. It's a good price for that? I think it could be overpriced to be a second hand bike

|

1/13/2018 1:37 PM

whitewidovv wrote:

Thanks a lot!!! I get it! Mishin thanks for the link too I will definetly start checking that.

The red one is 300 eur (365 ...more

Hard to say for your area. Around here, yeah... It's probably overpriced. Around here the MAX you MIGHT get for it (if you were selling) is $200 ($164 euros). But most likely you could expect to get $140-$180 (115-148 euros)

|

1/13/2018 1:43 PM

yeah... I've been looking your links and it seemed a bit overpriced. The others ones are all for 100 euros. All the other ones I've posted.

|

1/13/2018 1:50 PM

I mean... If all the other ones are 100 euros and the red is clearly the best one. It may be what you said, BMX in my area is so overpriced.

|

1/13/2018 1:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2018 2:05 PM

Hmm... You think this one is better than the red one? How much could it be in your area? It's a wethepeople recon 09. It's already sold. But I want to know it!

Photo

Photo

|

1/13/2018 2:06 PM

I have 2 last options! Sorry! Photo

Photo

|

1/13/2018 2:16 PM

Your best bet is that red United . It might seem expensive , especially if you’re new to biking , but you really get what you pay for in better bikes . These types of bikes get beaten up easily , and it’s a lot better than getting a bike that’ll last , then a “cheaper” bike thinking you’re saving money , but the instant you try and trick , something breaks .

For example , my first bike was a United , amazing bike , actually someone still has the frame and cranks like 7 years later ! But yes , I was learning to bunnyhop up things and I ended up bending my rim , and it cost like an extra 150$ or something to get a new one plus install it . So odds are , a cheap bike will not last nearly as long , and I bet you if you had a lower quality bike , it would be wrecked . Keep in mind that the United will be a bit more comfy too when doing tricks , as it’s more made for it , where some Walmart bikes and whatnot are mainly for looks .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/13/2018 2:24 PM

|

1/13/2018 2:38 PM

You got me guys. No doubt everyone says I should get the united bike and I will definetly will!. I will add some Thrasher stickers to say "Hey, I'm over my twentyfive y/o and I suck at this but that's because I have been doing skate all this time!" hahahahha

Is it a good option for street cruising, bunny hop, 360 and tailwhip tricks? I hope it lasts for some years at least.

Mishinn thanks a bunch for that info, I've been looking for the model but didn't find. Now I see it

|

1/13/2018 2:51 PM

Don't forget, it's used. Negotiate! They may say they was 400 euros or something, but that doesn't mean they won't take 300. Just saying. Feel them out. Just because you offer them 200, doesn't mean you can't come back & pay their full asking price if you really want it & they won't budge

|

1/13/2018 3:25 PM

Hehe... It's 300 euros already negotiated. It was 350.

|

1/13/2018 3:54 PM

whitewidovv wrote:

Hehe... It's 300 euros already negotiated. It was 350.

Well, of what you posted, that's your bike. BUT before you commit, I'd look at what you can get a similar new bike for in your area, with the specs listed in the "buyer's guide" & make sure you are ok with that price.

|

1/13/2018 11:55 PM

The united looks pretty cherry. If its not beat up it looks like a somewhat fair deal.

Female front and back too looks like!

|

1/14/2018 12:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2018 1:22 AM

The guy says it has a Primo stem and animal bar. That pieces are not stock. Maybe that's what changes the price that much? This pieces are good?

|

1/14/2018 2:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2018 2:43 AM

Got any more details on any of them? What model is the United? It could be a hi ten complete, if it is it's not really worth buying unless it's really cheap, maybe 200 at most.

Mishinn could be right. The supreme came in a trans red too, but with black wall tyres and a solid sprocket. It's a little over priced imo, unless it's pretty mint. But you still won't get a much better bike for the price if that's what your local second hand market is like.

Actually, the pound is terrible right now (had to recalculate it), 300 isn't bad really.

|

1/14/2018 4:53 AM

Hey guys. I bought the united. Mishinn was right, it is a KL40. It has some parts upgraded as the guy was sick of the stock bar and stem. It's almost new, it has some scratches at the most.

Thank you so much to every1. Gonna try to put on the brakes and try it out

|

1/14/2018 5:01 AM

Wow! That's awesome! Congrats, bro! Post some close-up pics & a parts list in the bike check area! & keep on posting here if you need help or can help other riders.

|

1/14/2018 6:23 AM

Of course. Ok. I will now go and turn crazy riding it. After that, I will come and with more calm I will check and post everything I can WUUUAHJAJAHAHA.

Thanks a lot for every1. And sorry for my grammar mistakes, I think I have written too many grammatical "eye bleeding" phrases.

|

1/14/2018 6:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2018 6:36 AM

Btw, wear a helmet! Don't believe me? Ask DanTheBikerMan. Check his post in the bike check area for specifics: Hawg Pink Tallboy

|

1/14/2018 10:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2018 10:38 AM

I wear a helmet. When I was 18 I was trying to do a slide on a longboard at +- 55 km/h on my favourite place. In that point I knew so many tricks and I was already pretty good doing slides on my longboard. That day, the slide failed, i flyed for 5-6 metres and I don't remember many things that happened after that. I mean, I don't remember how I went home, I don't remember if I was with someone and I don't remember if someone helped me to go home. I just remember a short fly like in slow motion and I remember getting up on the middle of the street like "wtf, what time it is?"

It was scary as fck, as I realized I had to go to the hospital when I saw my pillow with a huge amount of blood on it

|