Beginner BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

11/10/2013 8:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2013 8:12 AM

Hey, I'm new to the whole BMX scene, and I recently bought the Sapient Saga.

http://www.the-house.com/qsasag20blrbo12zz-sapient-bmx-bikes.html

I just wanna know what I should look in to replacing or what I should be worried about.

Before you judge the bike, I've been looking around and searching, and honestly I can't find a bike worth $250 that has the same statistics. And trust me, I've been driving myself crazy. Even 2011's are worth more, and I'm on a budget.

Also I'm already replacing the tires with Odyssey Aitkens 2.25 on front 1.9 on back.

So anything else I should replace right off the bat?

|

If you can't, you must.

11/10/2013 8:20 AM

everyone has to start out somewhere id say ride it until it breaks instead of putting money into it but thats just me also aitkens are sweet

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

11/10/2013 8:20 AM

You got a good bike for the price in my opinion. As most people say just replace it as it breaks. But get a new seat. that thing is uuuuugly. This seat Looks good

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/10/2013 8:25 AM

Haha okay, I guess I'll go by if it breaks..lol.

That seat will fit on the bike right?

|

If you can't, you must.

11/10/2013 8:28 AM

yeah it should id be surprised if it did not

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

11/10/2013 8:29 AM

K. I just don't want to order something and have it not fit. Would be kinda awkward.

|

If you can't, you must.

11/10/2013 8:41 AM

lol ive had that happen to me before its a real bummer be careful with the aitkens though 2.25 can be pretty big inflated with some tires and might not fit your forks

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

11/10/2013 8:46 AM

I already looked around and asked the guys over at House, they said it works fine. I'm hoping, because if not I'm sending it back. Lol.

Also, I will order that seat if I totally hate the seat it comes with. Lol.

|

If you can't, you must.

11/10/2013 9:02 AM

its a good thing you checked also since your on a budget you might be able to get a better deal on parts by buying them used either online or by going to your local skatepark and asking around but thats up to you to do i've heard of some people getting screwed over buying used but i find its a good way to go when short on cash

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

11/10/2013 9:28 AM

If you go on danscom right now, youbcan get a subrosa stem for about 36 dollars, and it is a good one to. But if I were you, I would do this and get these two things right off the bat.

|

11/10/2013 9:40 AM

You'll change everything over time.

tires,seat, wheels

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

11/10/2013 9:45 AM

What color did you get? And keep your current tires. Tires Do not last. They'll get replaced at some point.

|

11/10/2013 9:51 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

If you go on danscom right now, youbcan get a subrosa stem for about 36 dollars, and it is a good one to. But if I were you, I would do this and get these two things right off the bat.

Why on earth would he get a new stem? If I had that Bike it would probably be the last thing I'd replace.

|

11/10/2013 9:54 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Why on earth would he get a new stem? If I had that Bike it would probably be the last thing I'd replace.

Good part, good deal. Thats how I usually upgrade. If something breaks but is still useable, I wont replace it until I find a good deal an a new part. But it is s pretty random part. A more sensible part to replace would be a back wheel.

|

11/10/2013 9:56 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Especially a front load for a front load. It's a negative move. He gains nothing, but loses the cost of the stem.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/10/2013 10:00 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Especially a front load for a front load. It's a negative move. He gains nothing, but loses the cost of the stem.

Hey, I thought it was a good deal, I upgrade my bike in the weirdest, most bat shit crazy ways.

|

11/10/2013 10:01 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Good part, good deal. Thats how I usually upgrade. If something breaks but is still useable, I wont replace it until I find a good deal an a new part. But it is s pretty random part. A more sensible part to replace would be a back wheel.

Yeah I get what you mean. I usually go by 'If it isn't broken, don't fix it' haha.

|

11/10/2013 10:06 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Yeah I get what you mean. I usually go by 'If it isn't broken, don't fix it' haha.

Eh, my bike is going to shit. I took it to key west for a week, now it has rust, EVERYWHERE. I could use a new stem because of it. The threads in one of the holes rusted and came off. Only three bolts in it now.

|

11/10/2013 10:14 AM

I bought that seat you posted and some shadow pedals. My buddy has the same pedals and they feel awesome.

As for the stem, if I feel I need it, I'll buy it. I've already spent too much. I just hope the front tire and the seat fits, it's driving me crazy.

|

If you can't, you must.

11/10/2013 10:17 AM

Thanks again for all the help, the response time on here is AWESOME.

|

If you can't, you must.

11/10/2013 10:17 AM

ZachT wrote:

I bought that seat you posted and some shadow pedals. My buddy has the same pedals and they feel awesome.

As for the stem, if I feel I need it, I'll buy it. I've already spent too much. I just hope the front tire and the seat fits, it's driving me crazy.

I'm 100% certain that Seat will fit and 99% sure the Tyre will.

|

11/10/2013 10:18 AM

ZachT wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

I'm 100% certain that Seat will fit and 99% sure the Tyre will.

Haha okay, I'm hoping! I get everything this week so we will see.

|

If you can't, you must.

11/10/2013 10:24 AM

ZachT wrote:

Don't get the stem, ya don't need it really.

|

11/10/2013 10:24 AM

yea. if you can take some pics and post a bike check up in the bike check section.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/10/2013 10:43 AM

Alright I will. I mean, if that isn't weird. Lol.

|

If you can't, you must.