Beginner Help?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2008 8:35 AM

hey guys im very new to the bmx scene and im just wondering like what tricks i should try to start learning and shit? and just like other stuff that a new kid would probley not know sorry if this topic has been discused before i tried searching but nothing came up :/ thanks in advance

|

9/28/2008 8:40 AM

hm, what bike do you have?

i'm no pro or anything but i started with wheelies/bunnyhops then once you can hop decently start working on 180s and if you have trails/park start trying to be able to clear all the jumps then you can work on jumps to ur own preference.

but thats just me

|

9/28/2008 8:41 AM

Learn Bunnyhops. If you can't bunnyhop, BMX is pointless. Here's a really good website to help you with that:

http://www.bmxbasics.org/new/bmx0703.html

Have you already got a bike? Cause if you're new, you generally buy a bike and 6 months later, when you're not new, you think, why the fuck did I buy that bike.

|

9/28/2008 8:43 AM

sup agrelon you helped me with 180s ha

but my bike got stolen

|

9/28/2008 9:52 AM

bmxiscool wrote:

sup agrelon you helped me with 180s ha

but my bike got stolen

Shit man that sux,

Dude if my bike got stolen, i"de like, die. How did it get stolen?

|

9/28/2008 12:25 PM

some guys broke into my garage and took it

but i might get a new bike for birthday or christmas

was looking at FBMs or Fits

|

9/28/2008 12:32 PM

ya I dont have a BMX bike :/ I've been trying to do bunnyhops on my mountain bike but thats not going so well so what's like a good $200 bike that I could get from a like performance bike shop cause I dont think my rents would let me order online for my first bike

|

9/28/2008 1:14 PM

SMiller wrote:

ya I dont have a BMX bike :/ I've been trying to do bunnyhops on my mountain bike but thats not going so well so what's like a good $200 bike that I could get from a like performance bike shop cause I dont think my rents would let me order online for my first bike

you'll probably need more than 200$. I'm pretty tight on cash too and i just bought a redline 1.2 for 275$. It's actually pretty good if you take off the detangler,chain guard, brakes, and replace the seat. Go with a redline they're cheap but not walmart cheap

|

FEEL ME!!-Nigel Sylvester

9/28/2008 1:39 PM

ight thanks man imma look into a redline cause i just got my paycheck :D

|

9/28/2008 3:42 PM

dont get a redline, they're good but theres better. look at kinks i suppose

|

9/28/2008 4:14 PM

bmxiscool wrote:

dont get a redline, they're good but theres better. look at kinks i suppose

yeah im with this guy, get a kink. thats what i was gunna get for my first bike, but i found a guy sellin a fit so i got that instead

|

2 wheels are better than 4

9/28/2008 4:26 PM

yea start workin on fakies too

|

doctor i'm okay, but my bike's sick

9/28/2008 4:54 PM

yea i would definately get kink if i had the money but if you only got 200 then redlines the cheapest

|

9/28/2008 5:06 PM

dont get eastern if its cheap! they all have the same frames if they're the cheap eastern's and guess what? one of my friends not much heavier than me bent his frame at like a 45 degree angle before the forks so in ur price range no eaterns. general lee, although they're heavy, DK step up, somethin. dk's are ok for the price, i have a reldine 1.1 they're nice except the seat, stolen riot or pinch. idk learn how to bunnyhop, manual, learn to do jumps bigger and bigger. one handers, one footers, stuff like that. one fototers and handers are later

|

Acquire second hand-profit

9/28/2008 6:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:23 PM

ur not going to get a bike that will hold up for shit for 200 bucks, might as well get 350-400$ and get something that's 'decent' that will uphold A LOT better. if u break a shitty 200 dollar bike in a month, ur gonna end up buying/replacing/buying a new bike for 200 bucks or more, and so now u've spent 400 bucks in a month or two when u could of orginially got a 400 dollar bike that will last a lot longer than 2 months.

you get what you pay for, life lesson

|

9/28/2008 7:12 PM

micamack wrote:

ur not going to get a bike that will hold up for shit for 200 bucks, might as well get 350-400$ and get something that's 'decent' that will uphold A LOT better. if u break a shitty 200 dollar bike in a month, ur gonna end up buying/replacing/buying a new bike for 200 bucks or more, and so now u've spent 400 bucks in a month or two when u could of orginially got a 400 dollar bike that will last a lot longer than 2 months.

you get what you pay for, life lesson

i agree with this

|

9/28/2008 7:19 PM

i started wit a redline 3.1
and some tricks tht i lernd first was bunnyhops,manuals,and aftr i got my hops high enough i started to 180,tabletop,360 and wallrides are always fun

|

9/28/2008 8:11 PM

bunny hop, manual, barspin, wallride, 180 to riding backwards (fakie)

I'd say those are the basics to work at

|

9/28/2008 8:14 PM

SMiller wrote:

721bullet wrote:

you'll probably need more than 200$. I'm pretty tight on cash too and i just bought a redline 1.2 for 275$. It's actually pretty good if you take off the detangler,chain guard, brakes, and replace the seat. Go with a redline they're cheap but not walmart cheap

ya dude for sure. redlines are cheap and they wont bend and brake just make sure those unsealed hubs stay gressed up or theyll go out easy but ya tose are nice bikes for the money at least the lower end ones are

|

i done did got a federal now

9/28/2008 8:24 PM

SMiller wrote:

ight thanks man imma look into a redline cause i just got my paycheck :D

oh shit ur from fairfax

|

9/28/2008 10:06 PM

SMiller wrote:

721bullet wrote:

they aren't cheap, they're in-expencive ! hahaha
ya, totally get a redline, they'll last a good time if you take some care of it... i ride the 7.1 and it's lasted 3 years so far, as long as you replace the tires... only problem that i've had so far.

|

chuck norris rides little kid's bikes!!!

9/29/2008 3:26 PM

wait so whats the big difference between the 1.1 and the 1.2? is there any besides the 1.2 being slightly more expensive?

|

9/29/2008 4:10 PM

not much, the 1.1 comes with 2 pegs, has straight cable brakes, a 36/13 gear ratio, and kenda tires, the 1.2 has 4 pegs, a gyro, 32/12 gearing, and redline freaky x tires. in my opinion the 1.1 is better because i hate the gyro and don't need 4 pegs

|

10/2/2008 8:44 AM

JSFER2 wrote:

dont get eastern if its cheap! they all have the same frames if they're the cheap eastern's and guess what? one of my friends not much heavier than me bent his frame at like a 45 degree angle before the forks so in ur price range no eaterns. general lee, although they're heavy, DK step up, somethin. dk's are ok for the price, i have a reldine 1.1 they're nice except the seat, stolen riot or pinch. idk learn how to bunnyhop, manual, learn to do jumps bigger and bigger. one handers, one footers, stuff like that. one fototers and handers are later

Man you and your friend must be fucking fat, I've been riding for a year on mine and I havent had a single problem.

|

10/2/2008 11:52 AM

agrelon wrote:

Learn Bunnyhops. If you can't bunnyhop, BMX is pointless. Here's a really good website to help you with that:

http://www.bmxbasics.org/new/bmx0703.html

Have you already got a bike? Cause if you're new, you generally buy a bike and 6 months later, when you're not new, you think, why the fuck did I buy that bike.

wow
thats alot of info about just hops
\ahaha

|

if u want to win a free ipod, phone, game, or almost anything, go here
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=253912

10/2/2008 3:49 PM

find a quarter pipe bowl bank hip funnbox whatever and just go for it and try shit but as soon as you got a few tricks down try them somwhere else coz i memba when i was tryin new shit i got a turndown tiregrab half vert un-turndown and tiny tuck no hands but i kept doin them on this bank and then i was sittin there thinkin what could i try it was soooooooooooo boring so keep doin em everywhere

|

its the hardest thing to do(make a bmx part that will never brake) but if you got warranty throw it kick it bend it brake it but dont customize it warranty is there for a reason so u can get free things if it brakes

10/5/2008 5:23 PM

forget about what other people say, go ride and feel it out . express yourself freely and truly . you'll learn what you like and accel at !

|

" let go " - tyler durden .