Beginner Question

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2012 11:43 AM

Hey guys. I've been riding for 2 months and I have a question. It's probably really stupid, but, whatever. What is 'style' and how do you get your riding to be stylish?

|

7/15/2012 11:50 AM

whatever you want it to be, and by getting a trick dialled and then over time youll develop a style

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/15/2012 12:03 PM

you get your riding to be stylish by getting comfortable with your own type of tricks and doing what you like

|

xBMXx.

7/15/2012 12:20 PM

style is all you. its the tricks you like to do. tricks you dont get bored of. some people like to go HAM and jump off 30 sets to flat and stuff. i myself like to run front breaks and tend to favor more tech style tricks.

|

7/15/2012 1:10 PM

tech park eg mark web
HAM eg sean burns
street eg dehart, dak
flowy/trails eg lima, tom dugan and chase hawk

|

parkrat.

7/15/2012 1:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2012 1:19 PM

As long as you don't ride like Mike Spinner than no one will give a fuck.

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

7/15/2012 4:02 PM

NebLikesBMX wrote:

As long as you don't ride like Mike Spinner than no one will give a fuck.

this^

|

7/15/2012 4:24 PM

you gotta get loose,

first you drink a 40

then you go ham,

finally you get loose

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

7/15/2012 4:28 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

you gotta get loose,

first you drink a 40

then you go ham,

finally you get loose

i like this dudes style

|

7/15/2012 4:44 PM

It can be used to classify what kind of riding you do e.g. tech park or flow park, or it can mean you do something and make it look good e.g. "that dude throws whips with style"

as far as making your riding stylish you kinda start to develop it when you can do something effortlessly IMO, when your struggling or you have to work to land something there probably is not gunna be a whole lot of "style" to it.

Sooo, dont worry about style until theres nothing else to work on, like you have something DIALED, then you can go back and work on making it look better. But for the most part it will come naturally as you get better.

|