Beginner here!

Related:
Create New Tag

9/5/2019 4:47 AM

I used to ride BMX as a teen , now I am 31 and they opened up a huge BMX park in my city so I've been getting back into it. I've invested in a starter bike, a complete premium from the store. But for the future I was comparing bikes, basically 20 vs 24" and seeing the pros and cons, any insight from you guys on what you chose and why?

I'm 5'10 btw

|

9/5/2019 5:07 AM

Either would be fine. 24 bikes kick ass.

|

fack off

9/5/2019 7:32 AM

Great to see you've returned to BMX. Don't forget 22 inch exists and is the hot new in between option.

I got back into BMX age 27. I got a 20 inch because easier to find quality used stuff at low prices. I'm the same height you are. It's all agility vs stability. Depends on the type of riding you want to do.

|

9/5/2019 8:31 AM

Leave this forum, get out while you still can. Join a group on fb and enjoy riding your bike before the stupidity of members here put you off bmx for life

|

9/5/2019 9:53 AM

Afterlife wrote:

I used to ride BMX as a teen , now I am 31 and they opened up a huge BMX park in my city so I've been getting back into it. I've invested in a starter bike, a complete premium from the store. But for the future I was comparing bikes, basically 20 vs 24" and seeing the pros and cons, any insight from you guys on what you chose and why?

I'm 5'10 btw

I have both. I bought a 24 and then a 20. The 24 is fun but can be too big for tighter parks. The 24 is fun for cruising fast and monster trucking bump jumps. The 20 is more fun in skateparks and trying things other than hops and manuals.

|

9/5/2019 6:02 PM

If you get a 24” I highly recommend ditching the bars they come with and getting some 10” rise bars it will make it feel some much better

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

9/6/2019 11:30 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Leave this forum, get out while you still can. Join a group on fb and enjoy riding your bike before the stupidity of members here put you off bmx for life

If only you were joking!

|

9/6/2019 12:18 PM

24" feels too big for anything but dirt jumps for me but I do see some people destroying it on them. Id say an appropriately sized 20" with geo for your size or a 22" for more flowing lines where extra stability in the air counts.

|