Bent bars

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2016 8:45 PM

Ok so I have bought the wethepeople Buck bars like 4 months ago! Bed bars I've ridden and the only bars I have never slipped, things where going good for them until one day I was riding and I fell like knee height and some how I managed to bend one side of the bars..... Do you think I could claim warranty, I thought they are heat treated, butted and all that crap, but my idea might be since the bars gripping area is fatter than most bmx bars since they don't slip all the impact was pushed on the one side of the bars and just bent them idk I had to go he'll and back for them bars

|

7/22/2016 8:51 PM

Truth be told, ALL PARTS BREAK. Doesn't matter how long/short someone had run them, they WILL break. Sure, maybe chalk this one up for a bit of bad luck, but it happens.

I know that WTP has a frame & fork lifetime warranty... Something like that. Sooooo it looks like you're possibly out of luck here.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/22/2016 10:46 PM

Hit up your local wtp dealer and ask what sort of warranty they have. But any part can break, in any amount of time, depending what stresses are put on it.
I've never tried to claim warranty on a bike part myself. But seeing as it's the first thing through everyone else's mind I might start. I cracked a duo pedal second time I rode them, from dropping my bike once, but these things happen.

|

7/23/2016 11:01 PM

I run WTP bars , forks , had hubs and minor parts here and there , never had an issue . Seen those bars in person and they're thick as fuck so don't know how you bent them but you can ask and see

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/24/2016 7:52 AM

Photo

Here are the bent bars
|

7/24/2016 4:34 PM

I don't think so they might if it was defective

|

7/24/2016 9:03 PM

Just buy new bars

|

It’s all bmx

7/24/2016 10:10 PM

Hmmhn ya pretty sure they won't warranty that , depends on what you say but it was defective

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/25/2016 5:56 AM

I would call them up.

BE NICE AND DONT BLAME THEM FOR WHAT HAPPENED

simply state that your bars got bent and youre curious about how to resolve the issue, depending on what you say you might get lucky and get new ones for free or at least at a discount.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

7/25/2016 9:26 AM

We'll thanks everyone for the feed back, and yeah yoshi I had to get them and the stem through a shop it was 140$ total, I have to do it through the shop and they would talk to the distributor and need pictures but why would I buy new bars adammexican I can't run any other bars with that stem so it would of been a waste to buy the setup now I have a useless stem haha

|