Bent dropout.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2014 5:53 PM

So my front dropout or whatever you call it bent. I put on new tires and put my peg on wrong so the knob that locks it in place was pushed against part of the dropout. Can I bend it back in place with a hammer? Or do I need to replace my front fork? Photo

Photo

|

10/22/2014 5:59 PM

You need a new fork. Bending it back will just weaken the metal.

And before you ask, Odyssey or Sunday forks are the way to go /thread.

|

10/22/2014 6:03 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

And before you ask, Odyssey or Sunday forks are the way to ...more

Well I don't have the money for a new fork so the only thing I can do is leave it or bend it back.

|

10/22/2014 7:35 PM

Buy a used sunday or odyssey fork
/thread

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

10/22/2014 8:17 PM

Ride it till you can't fit your axle in it then get odyssey or sunday forks
/thread

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/22/2014 8:35 PM

You'll probably need a new hub, or at least axle, too. A lot of times when the dropout bends, it takes the axle with it too, so now both are bent.

If that's the case, when you get new forks, your front wheel will sit in the dropouts weird. Not a big deal, just something to think about in the long run. It's definitely better to get new forks though.

|

10/22/2014 8:41 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

bushwood4568 wrote:

Well I don't have the money for a new fork so the only thing I can do is leave it or bend it back.

theres some pretty good used forks in the for sale section just letting you know

|

10/22/2014 8:52 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

bushwood4568 wrote:

Coopers25 wrote:

theres some pretty good used forks in the for sale section just letting you know

this
make sure you get pics to make sure its not bent

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/22/2014 9:23 PM

The dropouts on stock forks are pretty much guaranteed to bend. Everyone bends stock dropouts.

|

10/22/2014 9:35 PM

brianoob wrote:

The dropouts on stock forks are pretty much guaranteed to bend. Everyone bends stock dropouts.

this
same goes for male 3/8 hubs

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/22/2014 9:37 PM

brianoob wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

this

My male 3/8 hasnt bent yet...

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

10/22/2014 9:46 PM

brianoob wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

this

bmxfromma wrote:

My male 3/8 hasnt bent yet...

*stock

|

10/22/2014 10:49 PM

Find yourself a hubgaurd, with your peg and the diameter of the guard(should it be close to the peg size) Will add some support

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

10/22/2014 11:11 PM

New forks . Get Odyssey if you want. I'd like other ones but apparently they're good.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/23/2014 2:44 AM

I'm going to take off my wheel and bend it back. Indont really know where I can find a fork the same color as what my bike is.

|

10/23/2014 2:45 AM

Where could I get some cheap hub guards?

|

10/23/2014 3:50 AM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Find yourself a hubgaurd, with your peg and the diameter of the guard(should it be close to the peg size) Will add some ...more

Would there be a way to jerry rig it until Christmas? Or would hub guards be better? Also where can I find some chep hub guards?

|

10/23/2014 7:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2014 7:10 AM

Find yourself a hubgaurd, with your peg and the diameter of the guard(should it be close to the peg size) Will add some ...more

bushwood4568 wrote:

Would there be a way to jerry rig it until Christmas? Or would hub guards be better? Also where can I find some chep hub ...more

From what i understand (and what it looks like) He had the anti-spin pin up against the dropout and when he tightened it it bent the dropout. IF it doesn't hold the wheel without slipping even in the slightest I would (My personal opinion others will go against it) I would bend it just so its semi-flat and the peg/contact area is slightly better (Don't bend it back and forth make it a single bend, don't try to make it flat And use an adjustable wrench or vice grips not a hammer)

Then buy a hub guard that sits up against the dropout, (You could possibly use a hardened washer or 2 that fits inside the dropout on the inside too with similar results)

Danscomp.com
Albes.com
Empire.com
Your LBS
There may or may not be one here i didn't check http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/VitalBMX/BMX-Stuff-For-Sale,17

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

10/23/2014 12:06 PM

/thread /thread

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/23/2014 4:24 PM

Just ride the shit out of it till it snaps

|

10/23/2014 4:56 PM

Your dropout is bent. Are you aware of this? Should probably get a new seat post

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/23/2014 9:02 PM

What bike are we even looking at, anyone know? What hub is that? I know theres sealed hubs that kinda look like that but, Im thinking its not. Show I be correct, you wont find a hubguard, at least not to my knowledge of one working on an unsealed hub. Cause always put a large diameter, thin washer on the inside as stated above for support..

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

10/23/2014 9:20 PM

What bike are we even looking at, anyone know? What hub is that? I know theres sealed hubs that kinda look like that but, Im ...more

Mirraco C-Low, did a little Googling to find that out haha.

But he could get the S&M Cymbal for the front, that one just slides on. It's also $40 though, and for $40 you can easily find a used pair of forks from someone.

|

10/24/2014 12:22 PM

I was always hard on forks. if you aint got money, just ride it as is. if the axle aint bent bend the dropout back and ride it til you got money or it snaps. either or

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

10/24/2014 12:28 PM

You'll be fine bending it back.

You'll pop a steer tube long before that dropout breaks.

|