Dented frame??

Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2018 7:32 AM

I was cleaninv my bike yesterday and noticed a small dent where the chainstay is. If i put my pedals level it lines up perfectly with my cranks. Could it be dented from my cranks bending and hitting my frame?

|

9/27/2018 7:42 AM

Matthew_Garner wrote:

I was cleaninv my bike yesterday and noticed a small dent where the chainstay is. If i put my pedals level it lines up ...more

How much of a gap do you have between the frame and crank on that side?

|

9/27/2018 7:45 AM

Matthew_Garner wrote:

I was cleaninv my bike yesterday and noticed a small dent where the chainstay is. If i put my pedals level it lines up ...more

Rabbe wrote:

How much of a gap do you have between the frame and crank on that side?

I got abkut a quarter of an inch

|

9/27/2018 7:50 AM

Hmm, I guess it would be possible to bend that far depending on the cranks but it does sound a bit extreme.

|

9/27/2018 8:01 AM

Matthew_Garner wrote:

Highly unlikely that your cranks created the dent. Back in the day, frame makers often put a dent in this location for crank clearance. So, my guess is that the "dent" you are seeing is there from the manufacturer & for that purpose. This is all dependent on what the dent looks like. Does it look like it could be from the factory or does it look like it is damage? Is there any paint/finish damage in that exact area? Did you buy the frame new? Was there a time when your crank was closer to the frame & maybe the bike was dropped on that side & the crank flexed & dented it?

|

9/27/2018 8:03 AM

Matthew_Garner wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Highly unlikely that your cranks created the dent. Back in the day, frame makers often put a dent in this location for crank ...more

Ibought the soundwave v2 brand new and there is paint damage. Ill post pictures later today when i get home

|

9/27/2018 8:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2018 8:20 AM

I wouldn't call that a "bent frame" honestly, but it sounds like either the bike took a spill and the crank arm dented the chain stay, or what happened to my old frame, it was tossed in the back of a car with another bike and got the dent that way.

Either way, chain stays are gonna get dented/scratched, etc. Part of the game. Though...didn't Sunday put boxed chain stays on the V2 to prevent denting?

*Edit* Am I insane or did the thread title change?

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/27/2018 8:17 AM

Dented Frames are dope.

|

9/27/2018 8:23 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I wouldn't call that a "bent frame" honestly, but it sounds like either the bike took a spill and the crank arm dented the ...more

No it really happened, or then I'm insane as well

|

9/27/2018 8:48 AM

Doubt it's from the cranks. It's just a dent. You'll get more.

|

9/27/2018 8:53 AM

Yeah it's plausible your cranks flexed that much on a bail. If the bike dropped and landed straight to pedal. I've had cranks touch my frame from flex just from pedalling hard before. Add another thin spacer, or buy better cranks with less flex.

|

9/27/2018 10:06 AM

I mean I've seen how you throw your bike on your Insta... so maybe, just maybe, that might be what it's from...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/27/2018 2:51 PM

As others have said, you will get more...ive already got 4 on my new nightshift build. Photo

|

9/27/2018 3:22 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I mean I've seen how you throw your bike on your Insta... so maybe, just maybe, that might be what it's from...

Haha i figured thats what its from?

|