Best 28t sprocket make

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2015 12:46 AM

I want to buy a 28t sprocket for defiant but I don't know what is a good, strong, durable make? Any Ideas?
Thanks

|

3/26/2015 12:58 AM

Up to 28 tooth is a great idea but there is a lot of spockets who could do the job so just pick one than you like.
I was riding an eclat spocket for years, but i was afraid for my chain when I had put 2 more pegs, so I had buy a stranger fullguard 28t a few months ago, it´s holding fine.

|

3/26/2015 1:35 AM

tree is always a safe bet for sprockets. Im running the sunday knox full guard and its been going good for over a year now. Most brands will be fine for sprockets, just dont get something with over the top gimmicky cut outs

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/26/2015 5:28 AM

tree

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

3/26/2015 5:37 AM

Tree Lite /thread

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

3/26/2015 7:30 AM

My MDS is bending from sprocket stalls. Wouldn't really recommend it. Gonna try a MDS 2 or Subrosa Magnum next.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/26/2015 7:36 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

My MDS is bending from sprocket stalls. Wouldn't really recommend it. Gonna try a MDS 2 or Subrosa Magnum next.

My MDS 25 tooth with full guards is doing FANTASTIC but thats useless information because they don't make it anymore. haha If they still made it, i wouldn't recommend it in 28 tooth because you need all the clearance in the world to clear the guard. but the 25 isn't too bad really. I like it.

I saw something about since the 28 tooth is a little bigger they bend easier, but then again i know a guy at wheelmill that literally sprocket stalls the spine with one and his is still good, maybe you're landing hard or something. Mine is straight as can be.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/26/2015 7:42 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

My MDS 25 tooth with full guards is doing FANTASTIC but thats useless information because they don't make it anymore. haha If ...more

Im just a big guy lol. Only.been sprocket stalling for a few weeks aswell. Im sure its more than strong enough for most but i need something stronger.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/26/2015 8:19 AM

Sorry for threadjacking, but how do you know when a sprocket needs to be replaced?

I see the knob on the crank arm eats away at the sprocket making my cranks feel "loose" and not 100% responsive, almost like 90% responsive. When I try to pedal, it'll take a second for the sprocket to catch the crank arm.

But yeah, does this mean I need to replace the sprocket?
I can still ride with no major problems, so how do I know when it needs to be changed? Will it like snap in half or something eventually?

|

3/26/2015 8:21 AM

OP are you going to be riding 28/9 ?

|

3/26/2015 8:46 AM

solarsoundwave87 wrote:

Sorry for threadjacking, but how do you know when a sprocket needs to be replaced?

I see the knob on the crank arm eats away ...more

Not a bad idea to look into a new one.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/26/2015 8:58 AM

solarsoundwave87 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

tighten the fuck outta the bold and go ride till that shit crumbles into dust! my sprockets very very rarely comes loose, but last time i did, it snapped my allen key inset for my ratchet. Admittedly the allen bit was rusted to hell, but still, it was tight af and still needed that tiny extra and its fine.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/26/2015 9:07 AM

solarsoundwave87 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

True that, thanks for the advice. Can't hurt to add a new one.

|

3/26/2015 9:08 AM

solarsoundwave87 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

tighten the fuck outta the bold and go ride till that shit crumbles into dust! my sprockets very very rarely comes loose, but ...more

Well then, at least I know I have plenty of time to buy a new one now, seeing as you were able to use yours down to the bone lol Thanks for the advice bro

|

3/26/2015 10:20 AM

solarsoundwave87 wrote:

Well then, at least I know I have plenty of time to buy a new one now, seeing as you were able to use yours down to the bone ...more

Also look at the sprocket teeth. If they are starting to shark tooth.... look more like this---> /`( than this---> /```\ they are going to need to be replaced soon.

Keep in mind thought that your chain and driver typically wear together so it's not a bad idea to replace them all at once. Some times your driver won't wear as fast as they are generally made of chromoly so you can inspect it for wear, but for sure replace the chain and sprocket at the same time.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

3/26/2015 10:35 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

My MDS 25 tooth with full guards is doing FANTASTIC but thats useless information because they don't make it anymore. haha If ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Im just a big guy lol. Only.been sprocket stalling for a few weeks aswell. Im sure its more than strong enough for most but i ...more

No, you're right. They dont hold up to sprocket chunks/stalls very well. I bent a 27t one and was only 150-160 pounds when I was riding it

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

3/26/2015 10:38 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

tighten the fuck outta the bold and go ride till that shit crumbles into dust! my sprockets very very rarely comes loose, but ...more

solarsoundwave87 wrote:

Well then, at least I know I have plenty of time to buy a new one now, seeing as you were able to use yours down to the bone ...more

transition_chris wrote:

Also look at the sprocket teeth. If they are starting to shark tooth.... look more like this---> /`( than this---> /```\ ...more

Excellent advice! Thanks.

|