Best Ankle Braces for Street/Park?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/27/2017 6:25 AM

Hello,

Went out on Saturday mid day, first trick of the day did a hop bar, and twisted and rolled my ankle, now i'm sitting here with a broken ankle for 6 weeks -_-

Does anyone recommend any good ankle braces for riding street and park? I see lots of race braces, but considering they are just for racing, i don't know how comfy they would be when doing drops and tricks etc.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for ankle braces?
Yes i'm being a bit of a pussy, but in the long run id like to keep my ankles strong and sturdy.

Thanks, -Jaye.

|

3/27/2017 8:48 AM

Wait until Mike Gray's space brace releases these next couple days , otherwise in the meantime grab a tensor from Safeway or something they're decent for a cheaper price .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/27/2017 9:33 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Wait until Mike Gray's space brace releases these next couple days , otherwise in the meantime grab a tensor from Safeway or ...more

Ill check it out, thanks for the recommendation.

|

3/27/2017 4:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2017 4:23 PM

JayeBMX wrote:

Hello,

Went out on Saturday mid day, first trick of the day did a hop bar, and twisted and rolled my ankle, now i'm sitting ...more

"in the long run id like to keep my ankles strong and sturdy"

In the long run, you'll have less injuries but you'll start to rely on the brace and your ankle will actually get weaker. Your ankle is supposed to move. If it can't move to help absorb landings(besides big drops, then a brace isn't a bad idea), your knees and hips end up taking the brunt of any impact which is much worse in the long run.
I ran a wrist brace for 2 months and one day when I forgot it, I re-broke the wrist really easily because I'd spent too much time in the brace and started to rely on it. Just something to be aware of...

I'd say do physio and only run a brace until you feel the ankle is starting to get some strength back.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/28/2017 6:33 AM

Yes precisely, I don't want it as a permanent solution, just something to aid recovery to help put some faith back into myself to be able to trust my ankle as it broke in the inside of my ankle

Thanks anyway

|

3/28/2017 9:31 AM

Is there anything out there instead of a brace to stop you smashing the cranks into your ankles when doing whips etc?, something that may have padding inside it to take the harshness of the impact out? or do you just have to find shoes/boots with that come up above the ankles?

|

3/28/2017 10:08 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

Is there anything out there instead of a brace to stop you smashing the cranks into your ankles when doing whips etc?, ...more

Ankle guards:
http://fuse-protection.com/portfolio/ankle-protector/
http://sparkysdistribution.com/tsc-super-slim-ankle-guards-black.html

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/28/2017 10:38 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

Is there anything out there instead of a brace to stop you smashing the cranks into your ankles when doing whips etc?, ...more

cheers mancool

|

3/28/2017 5:37 PM

JayeBMX wrote:

Hello,

Went out on Saturday mid day, first trick of the day did a hop bar, and twisted and rolled my ankle, now i'm sitting ...more

Watch this -

|

3/28/2017 10:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2017 11:07 PM

Try the tsg ankle braces, I got them these are really cool, I use them as a support for a few weeks after an injury.

Here they are.
Photo

But usually when not injured, I ride these small ankle protectors, not support the ankle but prevent from hitting the cranks, there's a plastic part on the inside side.

Photo

|