Best/Easiest way to install cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2009 8:28 PM

help me out!

|

2 wheels are better than 4

2/26/2009 8:52 PM

come on, someone knows this better than i do...

|

2/26/2009 9:02 PM

whats to explain? put the spindle in the hole. put the crank arms on, make sure the spacings equal, tighten everything down. what more do u want to know the shits self explanatory.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

2/26/2009 9:06 PM

oh thanks for the good tip!
i couldnt have figure that out without you!

no, what is the easiest way to press it on the spindle

|

2/26/2009 9:07 PM

a hammer

|

2/26/2009 9:12 PM

be more specific in asking your question then. ask dumb questions you get dumb answers. grease the spindle or anti sieze if uve got a titanium spindle. then put em on. unless youve got 48 spline cranks you shouldnt have to use a hammer to pound them on.

|

2/26/2009 9:14 PM

putting grease on the spindle wont make it slip?

|

2/26/2009 9:15 PM

J.Bro wrote:

putting grease on the spindle wont make it slip?

why would it?

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

2/26/2009 9:17 PM

no it just makes it easier to take off later pretty much everything can be greased tif you want to achieve this effect

|

2/26/2009 9:17 PM

no it just makes it easier to take off later pretty much everything can be greased tif you want to achieve this effect

|

2/26/2009 9:20 PM

oh word.

alright, are tools necessary to get them off...easily haha

|

2/26/2009 9:24 PM

ya just a couple taps whit a hammer. if u have 48 spline cranks u need a special tool called a crank puller though. it essentially screws into the crank arm then you twist another piece which pushes against the spindle and takes the arm off.

|

2/26/2009 9:27 PM

yeah thats what i thought. i was double checking though. thanks

|

2/27/2009 5:26 AM

ridebmxnc wrote:

ya just a couple taps whit a hammer. if u have 48 spline cranks u need a special tool called a crank puller though. it essentially screws into the crank arm then you twist another piece which pushes against the spindle and takes the arm off.

No you don't. Mine have always just slid off the spindle no problem. You can use it, but it's not necessary.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/27/2009 7:21 AM

ridebmxnc wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

No you don't. Mine have always just slid off the spindle no problem. You can use it, but it's not necessary.

it is if u have the profile 48 spline those bitches wont move without it

|

fuck brakes all they do is slow u down

2/27/2009 8:34 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

what cranks do you have?
i just always use one, cuz its habit, we've got them in the tool box at work so might as well use it.

|