Best Freecoaster to buy?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2016 10:18 AM

Looking into a new freecoaster since I just sold my cassette wheelset.
What is a solid freecoaster that can handle some hard hits?

Right now, I'm looking at the Profile Z-Coaster, Federal V3 Coaster, Primo Freemix, and the BSD West Coaster.
But all of them aside from the Z-Coaster do not offer hub guards that aren't fucking plastic...

Any advice or suggestions would be great!

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

6/21/2016 10:40 AM

99% of coasters on the market share the exact same internals, with a similar shell. It doesn't really matter which one you go with. The Z-Coaster is the only hub that sets itself apart from every other one on the market. I ran the Kink East Coaster for about three months and I had zero issues with it. My buddy enjoyed his Alienation and his Demolition one. Another friend got the newer Odyssey coaster and didn't have very good luck with it. But like I said before, they're all gonna work about the same.

|

Street. Park.

6/21/2016 10:48 AM

ty7 wrote:

99% of coasters on the market share the exact same internals, with a similar shell. It doesn't really matter which one you go ...more

The Z-Coaster is beautiful. I rode my friend's but it's just so damn expensive!

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

6/21/2016 11:02 AM

Odyssey clutch is the best out there. Strongest axle design with better internals than any khe coaster out there. If that's too expensive then the Sunday coaster is basically the clutch but without external slack adjustment

|

6/21/2016 11:53 AM

z coaster is best coaster

everything else is the same

|

It’s all bmx

6/21/2016 6:18 PM

Oh wow. What a totally new thread. Never had this discussion before.

|

6/21/2016 7:40 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

Oh wow. What a totally new thread. Never had this discussion before.

Photo

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura