Best Front Hub?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2014 8:24 PM

Should I get the animal javelin front hub or the odyssey antigram front hub? Which is best? Fastest? Smoothest? Strongest? Best for grinds?

|

My AWESOME Bike Check!!!

"I ride a little kid’s bike every day and would not want to do anything else with my time" -Aaron Ross

"keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars” -Brian Kachinsky

7/18/2014 9:11 PM

G-Sport Simian or Tree Straight Pull.

But out of those two, definitely the Antigram.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/18/2014 9:13 PM

antigram is a remade vandero2 basically and the vandero2 was garbage. animal is awesome. and yes i've owned both

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/18/2014 9:30 PM

tomdon wrote:

antigram is a remade vandero2 basically and the vandero2 was garbage. animal is awesome. and yes i've owned both

Bruhh, the Antigram is a completely different hub than the Vandero 2. It's just a Simian with 6903s and a 17mm axle.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/18/2014 9:34 PM

tomdon wrote:

Antigram is a slimmed down Marmoset.. And I run a Vandero2 and love it. Only Vanderos ive seen in rough shape were ones that had been rode daily for like 7 years and the flanges were cracked.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

7/18/2014 9:42 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Antigram is a slimmed down Marmoset.. And I run a Vandero2 and love it. Only Vanderos ive seen in rough shape were ones that ...more

It'd be more accurate to call the Vandero 2 a slimmed down Marmoset. Aluminum collars, flanges aren't pushed in... The Antigram has the "pushed in" flanges and chromoly collars of the Simian. But in Tam's defense I've heard so many bad things about the Vandero, mainly about them spinning like shit. But I've never even ridden one, so I can't really say.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/18/2014 9:45 PM

tomdon wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Antigram is a slimmed down Marmoset.. And I run a Vandero2 and love it. Only Vanderos ive seen in rough shape were ones that ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It'd be more accurate to call the Vandero 2 a slimmed down Marmoset. Aluminum collars, flanges aren't pushed in... The ...more

Since you mention it, mine doesn't spin like at all. It spins SMOOTHLY but comes to a stop fairly soon. Not noticeable at all when riding though so I haven't even bothered messing with it.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

7/18/2014 10:38 PM

Both hubs you listed are good.

Get the one you like!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

7/19/2014 1:00 AM

I have tha vandero 2 and i have to say that its is holding fine, spins freely. I dont grind tho.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

7/19/2014 8:42 AM

Get a Chris king front hub

|

7/19/2014 12:17 PM

Team hazard hub guards are the best by far

|

Team Hazard

7/19/2014 12:59 PM

gsport all the way, designed better than anything else on the market
dont listen to subrosarox, its a fucking ad spam account, of a company noone has heard or cares about, with 0 rep

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/19/2014 2:05 PM

animal bc swag

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

7/20/2014 4:37 AM

If you grind, don't get a Tree hub.

|

7/20/2014 8:25 AM

Profile elite because yolo.
Or Chris king... For that just got robbed feeling.

But seriously. Eclat, gsport, shadow/subrosa, animal, odyssey, primo... Any of these are good. Honestly, all front hubs seem pretty close to the same to me. Only major differences are flange height/placement and axle size. Which you should get depends on how much you want to spend, and, more importantly, whether you'll be grinding or not. Beyond that, the bearings that are being used are very similar from company to company, so the amount of spin you get isn't going to vary much. And if you have a front hub that spins like shit, just find out the bearing size, find the nearest bearing manufacturer, and order replacements that are better. It's usually not that expensive to do, and with abec 9 or higher bearings, any hub will feel like a Chris King/Profile Elite.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

7/20/2014 3:15 PM

iN ORDER
G-SPORT Vandel
G-SPORT Homer/Monkey
G-SPORT Simian
G-SPORT Marmoset.

I've had all of them besides the Vandel. All the rest are amazing, Currently running a 6 Year old Monkey with the original bearings still in there

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/20/2014 3:17 PM

I highly recomend bsd street front hub, its cheaper then gsport but it has 22mm crmo axle inside!

|

7/20/2014 3:28 PM

Bonezone wrote:

I highly recomend bsd street front hub, its cheaper then gsport but it has 22mm crmo axle inside!

22mm does, in fact, equal 15mm. Trust me, I are engineer.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/20/2014 6:35 PM

Front hubs that are female usually dont have much trouble. Just get an Antigram and if you have trouble call odyssey haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/20/2014 6:47 PM

I prefer female for front, you cant bend your axle, and if you snap a female bolt you can just buy a new bolt instead of an axle. Just a simpler, more practical setup in my opinion.

|

I love sketchy shit
this is my ride
Team Hazard for life.

7/21/2014 4:12 PM

BSD. Spins for a long while, tough as hell, and has a hub guard built specifically for it.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

7/21/2014 7:02 PM

Out of the two, i'd get the antigram.

If you grind a lot, i'd get the daily grind hub. comes with 2 chromo hubguards.
Or the Primo n4fl, comes with 2 plastic replaceable hub guards.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)