Related:
Create New Tag

6/4/2015 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2015 11:17 AM

Ribcage, Birdcage, or Rollcage?

|

6/4/2015 11:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2015 11:34 AM

The Ribcage is the strongest out of the 3 and will take the most abuse. The Rollcage uses the same design as the Ribcage but without the inner ribs to save a little weight. The Birdcage is an aero style rim with a focus on being light yet strong. All are great rims.

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

6/4/2015 11:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2015 11:38 AM

TKeck wrote:

The Ribcage is the strongest out of the 3 and will take the most abuse. The Rollcage uses the same design as the Ribcage but without the inner ribs to save a little weight. The Birdcage is an aero style rim with a focus on being light yet strong. All are great rims.

So ribcage is the strongest, and birdcage is the lightest?, but rollcage is best of both worlds?

|

6/4/2015 12:05 PM

The Ribcage is the strongest but heaviest. The Birdcage is plenty strong for 95% of people, and super light and has an offset valve hole which is nice to use. The Rollcage is kinda pointless in my opinion. The Birdcage is already strong enough for most people, and if it isn't, you should get a Ribcage.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/4/2015 12:44 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The Ribcage is the strongest but heaviest. The Birdcage is plenty strong for 95% of people, and super light and has an offset valve hole which is nice to use. The Rollcage is kinda pointless in my opinion. The Birdcage is already strong enough for most people, and if it isn't, you should get a Ribcage.

Rollcages are still good, I think it's for people that don't NEED a Ribcage but don't LIKE the Birdcage. Idk. haha It's a good question. Maybe the price? haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/4/2015 2:03 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I know plenty of people that can destroy a birdcage. They are really not great.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

6/4/2015 2:22 PM

Rollcage isn't anything special no better than any other rim out there, honestly don't see why there is still so much hype about gsport rims, in my opinion they are just overpriced and trendy

The only quality rims that actually have good features are sun rims

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

6/4/2015 2:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2015 2:35 PM

I've had 2 rollcage and a ribcage all solid rims you can't go wrong with , but that being said I taco'd a primo balance and from that point on ran 100 psi and I'd trust a single wall rim as long as I was riding 100+ psi , it all depends on your riding style and how much air you run on how long a rim will last you

I get allot of shit from people when they try my bike saying it hurts their wrists , but I like high speed and ride eastern burnout slicks , so my bike goes really fast really quick with 30-9 gearing, and i love amplitude so riding 100 psi and up makes sense for me if I don't want to wreck rims and the more speed the less impact on wrists , just be careful and ready if you case big jumps to get bounced over the bars

|

6/4/2015 2:43 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I've had 2 rollcage and a ribcage all solid rims you can't go wrong with , but that being said I taco'd a primo balance and from that point on ran 100 psi and I'd trust a single wall rim as long as I was riding 100+ psi , it all depends on your riding style and how much air you run on how long a rim will last you

I get allot of shit from people when they try my bike saying it hurts their wrists , but I like high speed and ride eastern burnout slicks , so my bike goes really fast really quick with 30-9 gearing, and i love amplitude so riding 100 psi and up makes sense for me if I don't want to wreck rims and the more speed the less impact on wrists , just be careful and ready if you case big jumps to get bounced over the bars

I like you

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

6/4/2015 7:11 PM

TKeck wrote:

The Ribcage is also a tiny bit taller & wider than the Rollcage, along with not having a groove going down the center of the rim all the way around. But yeah other than that what you said is dead on.

I've had both the Rollcage & the Ribcages currently, and I definitely think the Ribcages feel sturdier. Or that's just in my head.

I managed to put a small flat spot in my rear Rollcage when I still rode them though.

|

6/5/2015 1:05 PM

I'm go2to get one of those rims my friends has one he said it a good rim

|

6/5/2015 8:58 PM

I would personally never ride an aero-styled rim in the rear unless I had a matching set. Otherwise, the offset valve hole has caused my valve to cut so many times.. I took a file to it to solve the problem...

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke