Best Odyssey Grips?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2017 5:36 PM

I'm needing bar ends so I was going to order a pair of odyssey par ends but also wouldn't like some new grips. I'm trying to decide between one of the odyssey grips as they come with par ends but not sure if one is better than the other?

I currently ride s&m and really like them but they're nearly worn and I don't want to spend around £15-20 on grips+bar ends when I can get both for about £9. Maybe I'll get S&M or Cult Ricany when these odyssey wear out.

I prefer thicker or more cushion but do like nice feel. Something like s&m. I was thinking broc raifords or sean sxtn grips. Has anyone tried these? Thanks.

|

6/7/2017 4:41 AM

I run the odyssey sean sexton grips and love them so far

|

6/7/2017 5:43 AM

i think flatland fuel might still have some, but the terry adams odyssey/flatware grips are amazing

|

It’s all bmx

6/7/2017 7:13 AM

Had the sextons and didn't like them a bit. They became slippery with the least bit of sweat

I always found the dugans most comfy and soft but never actually owned a pair. But felt them on my friends bike--they were nice

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

6/7/2017 7:34 AM

Don't all grips come with bar ends?

Just get longnecks. Best grips.

|

6/7/2017 8:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2017 8:11 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I end up breaking the ones I get with grips, apart from odyssey par ends. I had some par ends for around 2 years and my friend wanted to buy them off me so I thought I'd get some new ones since I need some new grips and he still has them.

|

6/7/2017 11:01 PM

Gray Young 2's all deezy my sir

|

6/7/2017 11:16 PM

I like the raifords one had one and got it atm but its wear out fast imo same thing with the dugan one but both of them are feeling good and soft

|

6/8/2017 12:03 AM

dugans feel nice and soft like a smooth penis freshly lotioned

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

6/8/2017 7:07 AM

I couldn't find the cufflink grips so I got the Dugans. Looks like they will last a little longer than brocs.

I'll probably buy some Cult Ricany, Animal Jeff or Eclat Filter grips next. Always like trying different ones.

S&M Hoders, ODI Longs/XL, Eclat Zaps, Addict OG and Ethic DTC grips have been my favourites.

If you've never tried Ethic or Addict grips you should give them a go even though they're a scooter company. Some of the best grips I've had.

|

6/8/2017 12:08 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

ODIs are my favorite.

I run Shadow Alloy bar ends I got like 9 years ago or something. Still going strong.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/25/2019 6:53 PM

May be a stupid question. But do Odyssey Grips come in pairs do i have have to select two if im buying online

|

7/25/2019 6:55 PM

JohniBoi17 wrote:

May be a stupid question. But do Odyssey Grips come in pairs do i have have to select two if im buying online

Yes.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/25/2019 7:14 PM

I'm glad nobody hear is talking up the Cult X Van's grips. Worst $10 I've ever spent

|

7/25/2019 7:15 PM

HtownGetDown wrote:

I'm glad nobody hear is talking up the Cult X Van's grips. Worst $10 I've ever spent

Why?

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/25/2019 7:19 PM

HtownGetDown wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Why?

Uncomfortable, slippery, thin.

|

7/25/2019 7:39 PM

The brock raifords feel pretty good

|

7/25/2019 7:42 PM

HtownGetDown wrote:

Let them break in and they're just fine, in my experience.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

7/25/2019 7:51 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Why?

HtownGetDown wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Let them break in and they're just fine, in my experience.

I need some girth!

|

7/25/2019 7:58 PM

Thicker. More cushion. Look no further than the Harkous signature grip by Primo. I’m in love with these although I love the Hoder grips too.

|