Worst trends of 2014/2015

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2015 6:28 PM

^^^

|

2/22/2015 6:40 PM

Squeaky tires, I see no point in buying tires for the squeak. Four Pegs if you can only grind one side.

|

We out here breathing. -Bert

2/22/2015 7:17 PM

YOU!

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

2/22/2015 7:24 PM

Worst trend is people going on thr interent for bmx.

You are all losers

|

13 years old

2/22/2015 7:36 PM

Krooked wrote:

Worst trend is people going on thr interent for bmx.

You are all losers

I can't really use my bike cus i'm still building it up..

|

2/22/2015 8:18 PM

Fat tires, oil slick, ty-dye parts,freecoaster that are all the same, camo I would only use if I rode trails only.

|

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭12‬:‭7‬ KJV)
Sold to: storeboughtchild,Maximusbikes,cro tec,Showtime402,Kevinbrock338,dktechethan,Robinson79
Traded: livefreeordie2332(x2), Aebasher.
TXT Me (480)340-7551

2/22/2015 8:42 PM

2.4"+ tires, colored tires, squeaky tires, these random bull shit pattern and shitty color trends especially on seats, shitty freecoasters, and people thinking they're better because they buy inferior parts.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/23/2015 6:04 AM

I don't give a fuck about any of that shit, but the worst is bikes with like 10 oilslick parts. I have no hate for a oilslick stem or sprocket on a black bike with a black/grey/white/raw/whatever frame, I could vomit on those full oilslick bikes. I don't care whatever anyone rides besides that if they're cool and don't talk shit.

|

2/23/2015 6:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2015 6:14 AM

people painting things that looked better in their original state.
oh wait... what year is this?

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

2/23/2015 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2015 6:47 AM

bmx wise idk over priced parts haha but the wanna be ghetto ignorant worship black people (rappers) trend is still going strong

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/23/2015 9:26 AM

Heavy tires.

9 inch + standovers.

That's all I have right now. There is a lot of stuff out that i wouldn't ride, but I could see why someone else would, but those two things seem pretty useless to me.

|

2/23/2015 10:18 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

Heavy tires.

9 inch + standovers.

That's all I have right now. There is a lot of stuff out that i wouldn't ride, but I could see why someone else would, but those two things seem pretty useless to me.

Heavy tires are good to reduce puncture flats and if they are made right they last for a long time.

Not being cool is the worst trend.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/23/2015 10:32 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

Heavy tires.

9 inch + standovers.

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Heavy tires are good to reduce puncture flats and if they are made right they last for a long time.

I get that, but you're going to reach a point of diminishing returns at some point. Unless you are trying to make a bullett proof tire, you can most likely stop like 90% of puncture flats on a 27 oz tire. The Deheart slicks are 40 ounces.

|

2/23/2015 11:02 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

Heavy tires.

9 inch + standovers.

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

tecnic1 wrote:

I get that, but you're going to reach a point of diminishing returns at some point. Unless you are trying to make a bullett proof tire, you can most likely stop like 90% of puncture flats on a 27 oz tire. The Deheart slicks are 40 ounces.

The dehart slicks are overly heavy, but they aren't 40 onces. It's 33.3 ounces. I like my animal tires.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/23/2015 11:06 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

The dehart slicks are overly heavy, but they aren't 40 onces. It's 33.3 ounces. I like my animal tires.

You're right. I don't rembember where I got 40 oz from, but I still think anything over about 27 is too heavy.

|

2/23/2015 2:24 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

You're right. I don't rembember where I got 40 oz from, but I still think anything over about 27 is too heavy.

I agree. In fact I'd go lower than that by a couple ounces. Anything over 25 ounces is unnecessary. The Aitken P-Lytes are like 24 ounces and I rode one for like 3 years and a kid around here had the same one for like 5 years. I don't remember ever puncturing the tire, either. It's kinda what a lot of frame manufacturers are doing. Hurrrr more materialll = betterrr

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/23/2015 9:52 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

Heavy tires.

9 inch + standovers.

I love my 9.5" SOH

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

2/24/2015 4:32 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I love my 9.5" SOH

So if it was "only", say, 8.75 inches, and you raised your seat .75 inches, you would totally hate that bike?

|

2/24/2015 5:20 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

So if it was "only", say, 8.75 inches, and you raised your seat .75 inches, you would totally hate that bike?

Not always about seat height. I went with 9" stand over. Feels more stable at high speeds.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

2/24/2015 6:27 AM

Chronic complaining. There's way too much of that.

|

Everyday is a gift!

BMX PATRIOT

BMX Donation Program
NORTHEAST CHAPTER of the MIDWEST BMX DONATION PROGRAM IS IN NEED OF YOUR USED BMX BIKES and PARTS.
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!

2/24/2015 6:43 AM

The vital exclamation point. That shit annoys the fuck out of me. It's like you're screaming in every sentence. Way too many guys on here use that instead of a period and its horrible. There's no need to get excited or scream every single time you type something.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

2/24/2015 7:20 AM

billyhandyjunior wrote:

For real. Who cares about what is the worst trend? A pretty shitty bmx trend I've noticed lately is hating. Hating on oil slick squeaky tires over sized tires colored tires 9" stand over height etc who cares. Ride what you like and quit hating.

|

2/24/2015 7:50 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I love my 9.5" SOH

tecnic1 wrote:

Ricked_Em wrote:

Not always about seat height. I went with 9" stand over. Feels more stable at high speeds.

I'm struggling to understand how standover (and seat tube angle) affects the bike dynamically at all. It doesn't affect any of the pickup points and doesn't change the location of any of the controls. It really just locates the seat, which, if you're standing up, is just about completely out of the equation. The only thing I can think of is it could margionally change the center of gravity by moving the top tube up and down, but that would be very minimal.

Oh, and I don't know if you have a second bike, but Barcodes are 8.66" standover. It's effectivly higher because of the seat tube extension to pick up the wishbone, but the actual center to center standover isn't 8.66.

|

2/24/2015 7:51 AM

billyhandyjunior wrote:

solarsoundwave87 wrote:

For real. Who cares about what is the worst trend? A pretty shitty bmx trend I've noticed lately is hating. Hating on oil slick squeaky tires over sized tires colored tires 9" stand over height etc who cares. Ride what you like and quit hating.

Straight up.

|

Everyday is a gift!

BMX PATRIOT

BMX Donation Program
NORTHEAST CHAPTER of the MIDWEST BMX DONATION PROGRAM IS IN NEED OF YOUR USED BMX BIKES and PARTS.
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!

2/24/2015 8:32 AM

Foot tall ledges making someone a hardcore street rider

|

2/24/2015 8:55 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Foot tall ledges making someone a hardcore street rider

This X100000000000000

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

2/24/2015 9:07 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

Ricked_Em wrote:

tecnic1 wrote:

I'm struggling to understand how standover (and seat tube angle) affects the bike dynamically at all. It doesn't affect any of the pickup points and doesn't change the location of any of the controls. It really just locates the seat, which, if you're standing up, is just about completely out of the equation. The only thing I can think of is it could margionally change the center of gravity by moving the top tube up and down, but that would be very minimal.

Oh, and I don't know if you have a second bike, but Barcodes are 8.66" standover. It's effectivly higher because of the seat tube extension to pick up the wishbone, but the actual center to center standover isn't 8.66.

Tall standovers help TALL riders.

I did not like how the 9 inch standovers felt. Personally anything over 8.5 makes it harder to actually enjoy can cans and stuff. For me that is. I'm not super flexible and i'm average height so i don't need anything giant. I like how like an 8.25 feels. Thats the best one for someone with my height and legs.

But seattube angle drastically affects how a bike feels, especially with a shorter backend. Even when i went from 71 to 70 i noticed a huge difference. Manuals are different. Don't think of it as a different seattube, the seatstays are actually a little shorter by changing that angle and the toptube is longer. So it feels more roomy and you get more pop and manuals are more stable.

I like how 69 degree seattube angles feel, especially for things like turndowns. I rode this one VIllicus Frame a while back and did a big turndown and because of where the seat was, it was easier to get my leg over. It does feel good, low or high standover.

Geo is everything in a frame sometimes. I think really people change standover heights a lot of the time because they like how it looks and some enjoy the feel, it is nice and burly i think. Makes things like barspins a little less scary because youre more "in" the bike i guess, but i don't really care.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/24/2015 10:50 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

Barcode is sold, new frame showing up any day now

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

2/24/2015 11:31 AM

People worrying about what others do is a trend

|

Vimeo.com/bmxhope
Flickr.com/bmxhope

2/24/2015 11:34 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

Ricked_Em wrote:

tecnic1 wrote:

cry some more over how someone likes their SOH. I have 9.3", kill me.

|

Vimeo.com/bmxhope
Flickr.com/bmxhope