Legitimate & Illegitimate BMX Shops and Mail-Orders

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2017 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2019 8:32 AM

Back to the Ultimate BMX Buyer's Guide

Legitimate Places to Buy BMX Stuff

If you have a local BMX shop or even just a bike shop that stocks BMX stuff & supports your local scene, you should absolutely support them before looking to spend your money online. But for those of us who don't have a local shop, here's a list of online sellers and mail-orders that are renound for their service and support.

United States (USA)
Empire BMX
Albe's
The Secret BMX Shop
Flatland Fuel
365Cycles
Mudslinger's Bike Shop
Downtown BMX
Master Blaster Planet
Porkchop BMX
Planet BMX
Cheap Goods BMX
riceray619
Power's Bike Shop

Canada (CA)
3Ride
Atlantis Vancouver
Jibs Action Sports
Transition BMX
Harvester Bikes

Europe (EU)
Source BMX
Dead Sailor BMX
Volt BMX
Crucial BMX
Winstanley's BMX
Custom Riders
Kunstform
The Board Room
Parano Garage
Waller BMX

Australia (AUS)
Lux BMX
Strictly BMX
Anchor BMX
Pushy's BMX
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCAMMERS

This is a list of sellers & shops that have a bad reputation for scamming or conducting shady business. Some of these guys have generated some good reviews along with the bad over the years, but don't let that fool you. Shop here at your own risk.

Click the blue links for proof.
Time2ShineBMX.com
AceBMX.com
AmericanCycle.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you feel I've left out any legitimate shops or scammers, please feel free to let me know in the comments below & I will get them added to the OP. Happy shopping!

Back to the Ultimate BMX Buyer's Guide
|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/30/2017 4:25 PM

The Boardroom

Kunstform

Parano Garage

Crucial

Waller

I'll add a few more later.
|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

12/30/2017 4:39 PM

I agree with everything you guys said as well, but add Planet BMX as well, they've been super good to me...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/30/2017 4:39 PM

Custom riders is awesome they have parts in stock more and charge less than source

|

Hmmm

12/30/2017 5:43 PM

I've had good experiences with Porkchop BMX

|

12/30/2017 6:14 PM

You should separate them by country, with postage being expensive as it is smile

|

12/30/2017 6:16 PM

Beamex wrote:

You should separate them by country, with postage being expensive as it is smile

I was going to do this haha

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

12/30/2017 6:22 PM

Good, well for Australia I like:
Lux BMX
Strictly BMX
Anchor BMX

There are others but I tend to go to those the most cause they seem to have the most stock.

|

12/30/2017 6:25 PM

Albes or Empire.
Never had an issue with either spot.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/30/2017 6:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2017 6:52 PM

downtownbmx.com

Have ordered alot of shit from them over the past year. Competitive pricing, free shipping over 100 bucks and extremely fast shipping. The owner, Adam, is a pretty cool dude. Check them out.

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

12/30/2017 6:53 PM

Photo

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

12/30/2017 7:16 PM

3ride for us CANADIANS !!

Use the code Localstatus too for 10% off . Ordered thousands off 3ride locations and never had ANY issues . Plus make it too the jams if you can , they’re tight .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/30/2017 7:30 PM

3ride is solid for Canada , harvester bikes in Ontario is good too

|

12/31/2017 1:35 AM

To be honest, if what I’m looking for pops up in the list, Amazon is usually my go-to. That is, through the sellers/company, of course, but I’ve bought so many bike parts from there without a single problem.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

12/31/2017 2:12 AM

In the UK:
Mode
Dead sailor
Volt
Crucial
They're the main shops I order from. The mode website is pretty terrible, but the owner advertises a lot on Facebook groups. He gets a lot of the good stuff and we pre order from him.
Dead sailor always seem to have what I want in stock, and we send each other jokes on the order forms.
Volt is owned by John dye, so you know that's a proper grassroots bmx shop.
I used to ride with Scott from crucial, so I support them when I can, but they don't seem to have what I want in stock ever!

Custom riders is cool too, I know a guy that works there. But I'd rather support the small shops when I can.
I won't buy from source, as they're creating a monopoly on the bmx market in the UK. Their business practices are a bit moody. Plus they're making enough money, so I'd rather buy from guys that are more likely to be struggling.

|

12/31/2017 2:42 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

In the UK:
Mode
Dead sailor
Volt
Crucial
They're the main shops I order from. The mode website is pretty terrible, but the ...more

I think source has been slowly Edging up the prices with the assumption that people don't usually look elsewhere, especially on cranks they seem to be around 20 pound more for a set on all of their cranks.

|

Hmmm

12/31/2017 3:28 AM

Winstanleys is pretty ok, although it has a looot of bad reviews ... I never had an issue with them.
And they have some sweet deals sometimes.

Also, i think that Kunstform has higher prices than any other shop, correct me if I'm wrong
|

12/31/2017 5:14 AM

Put a warning that time2shine is a scam and that Danscomp may take a long time for your order

|

Hmmm

12/31/2017 9:00 AM

Stay away from the-house. That place sucks.

|

12/31/2017 10:56 AM

best: your local bike shop
worst: not your local bike shop

|

It’s all bmx

12/31/2017 11:02 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

If one is nearby that actually stocks BMX stuff then yeah.

|

12/31/2017 11:05 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Any recommendations for people who don't have a local shop?

Or any shops you have good experiences with that I should add to the list?

I personally hate hearing the "local shop" response.. my local shop sells BMX stems for $100+ and will openly tell you that BMX is childish and will try to sell you on a MTB before ordering you a part to fix your BMX.. I really highly doubt if I give them my money, that it will end up back in the BMX industry. Seems counter productive to support a shop that doesn't support BMX, when I can support a mail order or online shop that will use the money to host BMX events, etc..

But yes, if you are lucky enough to have a local BMX shop, you should absolutely support them & I'm sure they will return the support. Unfortunately most of us in the Midwest don't have one of those..

|

12/31/2017 11:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2017 11:12 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Any recommendations for people who don't have a local shop?

Or any shops you have good experiences with that I should add to ...more

Times are changing, and the BMX scene really doesn't do well with change. All these online/mail-order shops are local shops for someone. Does it really matter if it's in your town or not? Your still supporting the scene no matter where it comes from. Its all made in tiawan anyway. I really think everyone should just start selling direct. Prices would drop for everyone. I personally don't like the owner of my local shop, and would rather my money go to anyone else but him. Some shops I'm sure really do deserve your support, but not mine.

|

12/31/2017 11:14 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Put a warning that time2shine is a scam and that Danscomp may take a long time for your order

But I thought they where the realest mail order in the game ? I read it on an advertisement

|

12/31/2017 11:15 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Dude not all local bike shops are rad , some of them fucken blow and are run by fucken assholes

|

12/31/2017 11:16 AM

Edman123 wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

But I thought they where the realest mail order in the game ? I read it on an advertisement

Shhhhh.
Better watch what you guys say, they might offer you free parts to take it back..

|

12/31/2017 11:22 AM

Edman123 wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Shhhhh.
Better watch what you guys say, they might offer you free parts to take it back..

Why do you think I said it?
Your boy has his eye on a new stem!
Jk

|

Hmmm

12/31/2017 11:26 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Times are changing, and the BMX scene really doesn't do well with change. All these online/mail-order shops are local shops ...more

Dan's was my local for a bit, up until the recent happenings. Less than 3 hours away, so I'd always go to their jams and stock up on stuff while I'm there. Their shop is super legit also, they actually are a shop run by a bunch of local BMX riders, believe it or not..

My best option for a "local shop" is the local skatepark, which has an awesome variety of parts in stock, but every time I've requested something to be ordered, when I come to pick it up they've "totally forgot" to order it.. It's really hard to support something like that, and I personally don't want to settle for less and pay for a part in stock that I don't like.

You also can't really expect bike shops to support BMX in areas with only a few serious riders. Obviously there's a lot more supportive shops on the coasts and in highly-bmx-populated cities, but that's only because there's constantly local riders needing parts or wanting to get involved.. Again, youre lucky as shit if youve got a nice bike scene with dope shops. We just dont have that in the Midwest.

|

12/31/2017 5:17 PM

Canadian Sites to order from :

3ride
Atlantis Vancouver
Jibs Action Sports
Transition BMX
Harvester Bikes

There are some shops that will ship parts but these are some of the bigger ones to get stuff from .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/31/2017 5:32 PM

Pauls Boutique is a good one as well. I ordered my copy of Anthem II from there a few months ago and had a great experience with them. The owner personally emailed me at every stage of the order which was quite nice and he seems like a good guy. Would definitely recommend his shop smile.

Can we add eBay sellers as well?
I've had great experience with planetbmxproshop, 365cycles and riceray619.
|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson