Best bang for your $

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2016 12:11 AM

So I have decided to re-enter the BMX world after nearly 15yrs away. I have been doing my homework and wow have things changed. At the age of 18 I stopped riding (dirt/race) and continued to skateboard. I picked up a MTB around 25yrs old rode mostly Enduro and DH. I am now 31yrs old and going back in. There is a local free park I skate and seeing the bikes has given me the bug.

My last setup included Black Widow's, T-1000's, Blast bars, and DK...clearly I am out of the loop. I don't know much about modern geo or parts execpt the co's that have been around forever and the obvious crossover knowledge from the MTB world. I'm 5'10", 180lbs and looking for a solid do it all bike Dirt/Park/Street. A complete to start seems like the way to go. What's the best bang for my buck so to speak? Any advice is much appreciated.

|

9/14/2016 1:03 AM

|

It’s all bmx

9/14/2016 8:30 AM

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

9/14/2016 8:46 AM

Woah...I might have found a bike to unseat the Verde that I have been wanting for a year. I love the dark purple/rainbow....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/14/2016 9:13 AM

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

9/14/2016 10:42 AM

Buy a Mafia bike just to Piss the purest elitist riders off

|

9/14/2016 10:45 AM

Full chromoly, WELDED SEAM double wall rims, sealed bearings.

Aim for around a 21" top tube. Outside of that, pick the color/setup you like best.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/14/2016 11:12 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Photo

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

9/14/2016 11:31 AM

eskimojay wrote:

This

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/14/2016 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2016 12:13 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. That Colony is looking pretty good, I will definitely be needing a rear brake. These no brake setups are kinda crazy.

I'm definitely leaning toward that Endeavour. Does anyone have any experience with the Stolen bikes build kit? I'm a huge S&M fan (who's isn't) and was thinking I could go with a 21 ATF w/ that kit, I'm just not sure if it's solid.

|

9/14/2016 3:45 PM

|

9/14/2016 6:39 PM

Broske wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. That Colony is looking pretty good, I will definitely be needing a rear brake. These no brake ...more

The colony has better wheels and 48 spline cranks so would definitely opt for that. You won't be doing any frame-breaking tricks for a while. Hell I've never broken a frame to this day

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/15/2016 3:26 AM

Thanks for the find but I won't be riding a goose anytime soon. Coming from bikes that cost upwards of 3 to 4K a little more cash isn't a shocker.

The colony looks like good and is around 500 from Chain Reaction free shipping.

|

9/15/2016 3:31 AM

Broske wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. That Colony is looking pretty good, I will definitely be needing a rear brake. These no brake ...more

Spenlard wrote:

The colony has better wheels and 48 spline cranks so would definitely opt for that. You won't be doing any frame-breaking ...more

Thanks, I doubt I'll be cracking frames either but I have in the past (redline & gt). These days highly unlikely.

|

9/18/2016 5:48 PM

So I ran across a brand new Colony Premise for $356.00 out the door, seems killer. Pull the trigger?

http://colonybmx.com.au/products/2016-colony-premise-20-75/

|

9/18/2016 7:22 PM

I don't see anything wrong with that!! I would get the Electric Blue for sure....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/18/2016 7:27 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with that!! I would get the Electric Blue for sure....

Right, the only bummer is the one on sale is the firestorm paint scheme but whatever $350 full chromo all sealed. I can't find anything to beat that deal.

|

9/18/2016 8:34 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Love it

|

9/19/2016 2:01 PM

|

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, is there a chance it will kill a squirrel?