Best brake kit

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2017 8:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2017 8:41 AM

Who makes the best brake kit? Looking to put brakes on my bike as the bike came brakeless and riding through city streets I feel a need for brakes.I've got a 24 inch cruiser if that makes any difference in which brakes I need to buy.and thanks for the recommendations on bike seats,I ended up purchasing a BSD slinger seat in brown from Empire.

|

3/14/2017 9:33 AM

The odyssey evo 2 setup is tits

|

3/14/2017 11:02 AM

seanthemechanic wrote:

Odysseys are tits if they work on your frame , rode evo 2s for years until I got my bonesaw frame and because it was built for wide tires they didn't work on it , arms weren't long enough to work on it

|

3/14/2017 11:24 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Odysseys are tits if they work on your frame , rode evo 2s for years until I got my bonesaw frame and because it was built for ...more

Man, I was just literally going to buy an EVO 2 kit for my Tall Boy, but I've read elsewhere that someone had issues with the ATF frame being too wide also... Last thing I want to do is spend $60ish bucks on a brake kit that doesn't work.

I know in Charlie's bike check it says Odyssey and appears to be an EVO 2 and in Hoder's most recent bike check he has the Kink Desist.

Anyone else have any problems with wide S&M frames and brakes?

|

3/14/2017 11:40 AM

Its all about setting them up. My 16.00 Mission brake works just as good as my 50.00 Kink brake and Evo.

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

3/14/2017 12:58 PM

springfield brake with monolever and linear slic kable
cheap,light and works like a charm
love mine

|

3/14/2017 2:14 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Odysseys are tits if they work on your frame , rode evo 2s for years until I got my bonesaw frame and because it was built for ...more

Bryan91 wrote:

Man, I was just literally going to buy an EVO 2 kit for my Tall Boy, but I've read elsewhere that someone had issues with the ...more

I got a mission brake set up for the bonesaw those
Brakes work with wide frames

|

3/14/2017 6:19 PM

Thanks for the reply'so the brakes are for a WeThePeople 24 inch atlas year 2014

|

3/14/2017 8:07 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Are you guys talking about the Reflex? Never thought I would buy Mission anything, because I'm not really on a budget, but the specs on the Mission Reflex are pretty decent. Everywhere else has them for $36+, but Danscomp has them on clearance for $17+sh. If I don't like them, or they don't fit, I'll just put them on eBay and get my money back. Sorry for hijacking your thread OP!

|

3/14/2017 8:31 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Man, I was just literally going to buy an EVO 2 kit for my Tall Boy, but I've read elsewhere that someone had issues with the ...more

eskimojay wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

Are you guys talking about the Reflex? Never thought I would buy Mission anything, because I'm not really on a budget, but the ...more

Yea they've worked solid for me

|