Best brake pads?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2015 4:35 PM

Been starting to notice my brake pads have really worn down with not much on them. There starting to slip and not really gripping the rim like they used to. Just wanted to ask any suggested brake pads that people have been running. Thanks.

~Anthony

|

2/11/2015 4:41 PM

Odyssey clear on a chrome rim. Noisy, but there is no better brake hookup unless you go with a disc.

|

2/11/2015 5:05 PM

bobPA wrote:

Odyssey clear on a chrome rim. Noisy, but there is no better brake hookup unless you go with a disc.

I figured that they would be odyssey, I had the back ones on an aluminum rim, it was anodized green, but I got the bike used then rebuilt it because the guy had no clue what we has doing, good parts, guy had no clue, ripped him off completely as he was selling it for a friend of a friend. Has Evo 2 brakes with the black pads, since its now just bare aluminum, would the clears still be the right choice?

|

2/11/2015 5:30 PM

Like bob said, I swear by odyssey slim by fours. But I prefer the gum rather than clear.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

2/11/2015 6:25 PM

I hate working on brakes, and I never could get pads toed correctly, so I use Odyssey Ghost pads.

They are loud as shit, and kinda mushy, but really easy to install.

|

2/11/2015 7:14 PM

Kool Stop dual compound BMX pads are the best pads I've ever used. Probably the best stopping power, but they are completely fucking silent which is amazing. And they're not had to install accurately, and once they're there they stay tight.

Clear Odyssey Slim by Fours would come second. They have great stopping power but are louder.

Ghost Pads and Fly pads would come last. Ghost Pads didn't work great for me. Not the best stopping power and the loudest pads I've ever used. Flys were just average all around.

|

2/12/2015 8:43 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Kool Stop dual compound BMX pads are the best pads I've ever used. Probably the best stopping power, but they are completely ...more

I rock Clear Odysseys on a red ano demolition rim. Super good.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/12/2015 9:47 AM

Koolstop Supra2 clear have beat clear Odyssey 4x4 and aApads aswell as Fly manuals. Also better than Dual compound Koolstops. Best set up ever is purple Fly Zapatas on chrome.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/12/2015 9:55 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Kool Stop dual compound BMX pads are the best pads I've ever used. Probably the best stopping power, but they are completely ...more

this. Kool Stop is the best by a long, long, long way. the classic Odysseys would come second, and ghost pads suck balls. in my mind, they're a part of the packaging that comes with Odyssey brakes, not real pads.

|

2/12/2015 10:38 AM

Box X-rays are the best I've ever used and I bet ive used damn near every kind of pads over the years haha

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

2/12/2015 7:48 PM

Odyssey or eclat pads are the ones I have had the best experiences with. But ortho two I would go with the eclats personally

|

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130

2/12/2015 8:14 PM

FBC2012 wrote:

Odyssey or eclat pads are the ones I have had the best experiences with. But ortho two I would go with the eclats personally

Gotta agree, I forgot about eclats.

|

2/12/2015 8:26 PM

bobPA wrote:

Gotta agree, I forgot about eclats.

Yeah I switched from odyssey's to eclats last year and they just griped,stopped, and kept pressure in stalls better. Would definitely recomend them to anyone.

|

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130