Best brand? And why?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/8/2019 3:29 AM

Just trying to start a conversation to be completely honest, imo Cult, Wethepeople and Fiend are at the top of the game, agree to disagree though. Give me your personal opinions guys!

|

5/8/2019 4:15 AM

It's OK to be wrong

Profile, Odyssey, Sunday, G-Sport. They make some of the best parts on the market and have great customer service.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/8/2019 4:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2019 4:28 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

It's OK to be wrong

Profile, Odyssey, Sunday, G-Sport. They make some of the best parts on the market and have great customer service.

On the topic of customer service, Federal has a saying on their website ''We'll get back to you as soon as possible''. I've emailed them about an issue i have with my Federal freecoaster v4, it's been 2 weeks and I've emailed them 3 times and still nothing.

|

5/8/2019 4:35 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

It's OK to be wrong

Kamil2067 wrote:

On the topic of customer service, Federal has a saying on their website ''We'll get back to you as soon as possible''. I've emailed them about an issue i have with my Federal freecoaster v4, it's been 2 weeks and I've emailed them 3 times and still nothing.

Maybe it's a one-man operation & they (he) is REALLY busy so they (he) are/is keeping with their (his) statement "...as soon as possible." You have no patience.

|

5/8/2019 4:56 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Maybe it's a one-man operation & they (he) is REALLY busy so they (he) are/is keeping with their (his) statement "...as soon as possible." You have no patience.

Valid about patience, however two weeks is far too long from a customer service standpoint.

To the OP, I would suggest calling up Federal and talking to them.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

5/8/2019 5:00 AM

It's really hard to pin down a best brand these days. What's undeniably reliable is what becomes the go-to standard.... hence Odyssey, Profile, Sunday, etc...; For them it's the lifetime warranty they offer on some of their products, their real-use reliability, and their customer service. After that, it comes down to marketing & general opinion about a company since there's very little difference between most BMX frames, forks, stems, bars, etc... these days. For instance, I
ve always liked S&M & WTP. I didn't start out with a like for them based on experience. It's isn't like someone gave me an S&M bike & it grew to like it. & In fact, I've never owned a WTP or any of their products.

|

5/8/2019 5:14 AM

Kamil2067 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Valid about patience, however two weeks is far too long from a customer service standpoint.

Exactly, of course it's all about patience but like Dave said 2 weeks is too long to wait from a customer service especially from such a big brand. Thought i'd let you guys know what the issue is though as some of you may know. I get a really bad click in my hub it's so strong that it sometimes flings my cranks and i can feel it in my hub, crank and pedal.Yes i know that every new freecoaster makes a clicking sound but i've owned that hub for over half a year and the clicking is just constantly there and not there, one week it won't click the other it'll click but it'll be subtle and then there's also periods of time where it'll click like the example given above.

|

5/8/2019 5:27 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Kamil2067 wrote:

Exactly, of course it's all about patience but like Dave said 2 weeks is too long to wait from a customer service especially from such a big brand. Thought i'd let you guys know what the issue is though as some of you may know. I get a really bad click in my hub it's so strong that it sometimes flings my cranks and i can feel it in my hub, crank and pedal.Yes i know that every new freecoaster makes a clicking sound but i've owned that hub for over half a year and the clicking is just constantly there and not there, one week it won't click the other it'll click but it'll be subtle and then there's also periods of time where it'll click like the example given above.

P.S.I was really just joking about the "patience"

|

5/8/2019 5:34 AM

Kamil2067 wrote:

Take it apart, clean it, grease it(proper grease, not white lithium shite) and your problem will most likely be fixed.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/8/2019 5:47 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Kamil2067 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Take it apart, clean it, grease it(proper grease, not white lithium shite) and your problem will most likely be fixed.

I heard you shouldn't take freecoasters apart unless you know 100% what you're doing... I'd give it a go but what if something goes wrong/ breaks, that about £160 down the shitter.

|

5/8/2019 5:59 AM

Fbm
Because they make badass frames and parts, and probably actually do more for bmx than any other brand. They do their own thing which is admirable, when other brands just follow whatever trend is going on. And the riders are all awesome.

|

5/8/2019 6:04 AM

Kamil2067 wrote:

I heard you shouldn't take freecoasters apart unless you know 100% what you're doing... I'd give it a go but what if something goes wrong/ breaks, that about £160 down the shitter.

Well, given you're supposed to clean and regrease after the first month or two, that's a load of crap . How is anybody supposed to know 100% what they're doing without opening it and playing around with it first, anyways?

They're not complicated, at all; just different. You'd have to be properly thick to mess one up...

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

5/8/2019 6:08 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Kamil2067 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Well, given you're supposed to clean and regrease after the first month or two, that's a load of crap . How is anybody supposed to know 100% what they're doing without opening it and playing around with it first, anyways?

They're not complicated, at all; just different. You'd have to be properly thick to mess one up...

Ah i never even knew you had to do that... I'll give it a go, Thanks!

|

5/9/2019 7:17 AM

FBM and S&M

|

5/9/2019 11:00 AM

Eastern because I ride one.

|

Scooter rider trying to ride a BMX.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

5/9/2019 11:52 AM

S&M and Odyssey.

Part of the reason is growing up in So-Cal and just developing an affinity towards them. The other is their parts, reputation and customer service.

With all of the FBM love on this site, I'd like to eventually pickup one of their frames. They definitely do a lot for bmx and have fun doing it.

|

5/9/2019 12:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2019 12:38 PM

mafia bikez becuse harry main rides 4 them

|

5/9/2019 6:22 PM

jesco jones

|

Bunny hop and take your thumbs off
Tuck no footer
Tuck no fingers
Fakie switch bunny hop
Nose manual 1 ruler - krookedude

5/10/2019 6:54 AM

They're all the best because they all try their hardest, and that's all that counts.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/10/2019 8:22 AM

mongoose, purely for the pro sniper

|

fack off

5/10/2019 8:49 AM

I gotta give it up for Eclat bros, all of their parts are solid as a fucking rock, lightweight and futuristic in design. Hands down the most quality parts I've ever touched.

|

5/10/2019 9:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2019 9:51 AM

This Mongoose Sniper is for sale local to me for only $60!!

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

5/10/2019 10:29 AM

Damn, I've been told those are worth $1000... Tim probably has payment in route.

|

5/10/2019 12:30 PM

S&M
SE
Eclat

|

5/10/2019 6:02 PM

Red bull , vans

|

5/10/2019 11:36 PM

I personally like Odyssey/Sunday/GSport or WeThePeople/Éclat

|

5/11/2019 5:44 AM

Animal deserves a mention

|

Ride everything

5/11/2019 1:50 PM

Profile/Madera eclat odyssey/g-sport fbm

|

brakeless maniac

5/11/2019 2:31 PM

S&M/Fit are always top notch. Typical go to shit with FBM, Profile, and Odyssey too because it's undeniable at this point. Eclat/WTP are the only other companies that stick out. Everything else is just the same regurgitated Taiwanese made stuff that brands throw their image on.

|

5/11/2019 3:10 PM

Gonna throw this in. Standard. How the fuck do y'all not recognize?!

|

fack off