Best cassette and front hub for street ride?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/7/2018 8:05 AM

Hi guys,

I am herr, again, since I didn’t find what I was looking for.
Basically I am going to change both wheels soon. The front one in the following days.
My ideal is to get:
- 2 hubs of the same brand
- same colour front and rear (polished or other colours. Not black )
- hubs that allows me to use pegs. ( I am not a big fan of grind but sometimes I like to do feeble/smith. I am using only 2 pegs and not 4)
- sonething that is not overweighted.
- cassette hub must be loud. ( I am using so far a shadow raptor v1 which I loved ).

Any suddgestion? Some suddgested me eclat, some colony wasp and some primo. It is true that ai should avoid sds system? Because I really like the pulse.

|

6/7/2018 8:09 AM

G-sport

|

6/7/2018 8:15 AM

Eclat cassettes suck ass in my experience; they always slip and the plastic bushings in the drivers are soft and wear away really quickly.

Odyssey and Proper make some very good cassettes.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

6/7/2018 8:30 AM

Odyssey Antigram rear and Odyssey Vandero Pro up front...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/7/2018 8:42 AM

Primo.

|

6/7/2018 8:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2018 8:49 AM

Odyssey
Edit: bsd or animal are good too

|

6/7/2018 8:53 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Odyssey
Edit: bsd or animal are good too

worth it for me to switch from Primo to Animal?

|

6/7/2018 9:05 AM

Odyssey Antigram/Vandero: Cassette based on G-Sport Ratchet

Cult Match V2/Cult Match front hub:Cult match Cassette based on Primo Mix.

All are compatible with hub guards on all sides except the Driver side like most.

|

6/7/2018 10:44 AM

Sheldon. wrote:

worth it for me to switch from Primo to Animal?

Only if you want to, performance wise it will be almost identical.

|

Hmmm

6/7/2018 12:32 PM

Thank you guys.

From all your answer sounds that odyssey vandero with antigram cassette sounds a nice deal.

What's the good thing about antigram cassette? someone has it?

thanks!

|

6/7/2018 12:45 PM

mattiabmx wrote:

Thank you guys.

From all your answer sounds that odyssey vandero with antigram cassette sounds a nice deal.

What's the good ...more

It's made by odyssey, and uses g sport internals. Seriously considering them as my next hubs and I'm not even a peg guy

|

6/7/2018 12:49 PM

Odyssey Vandero and Antigram Cassette if you want Cassette.
Same above with Odyssey Clutch V2 instead of Antigram if you want Freecoaster
if money is no object, then Profile Z-Coaster as rear hub.
Antigram Cassette is tough, light, and really reliable.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

6/7/2018 3:48 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

G-sport

This
You can get them on ACE BMX for a good price and they have complete wheel sets GSPORT hubs to GSPORT rim for under $400.

|

6/8/2018 3:54 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

G-sport

Gack2000 wrote:

This
You can get them on ACE BMX for a good price and they have complete wheel sets GSPORT hubs to GSPORT rim for under $400. ...more

I can’t order from there because I am living in Europe and they will charge me fees. I will try to look some where else. Thanks

|

6/8/2018 11:01 AM

I've been riding Madera hubs front and back for street. They are amazing, no complaints at all. Plus the cassette sound is amazing and they have Profile internals. Definitely take a look into them!

|

6/9/2018 7:45 AM

Damon_Taylor wrote:

I've been riding Madera hubs front and back for street. They are amazing, no complaints at all. Plus the cassette sound is ...more

Are you sure you can ride street with a mader? Because with a profile, definitely you can’t

|

6/9/2018 8:02 AM

Damon_Taylor wrote:

I've been riding Madera hubs front and back for street. They are amazing, no complaints at all. Plus the cassette sound is ...more

mattiabmx wrote:

Are you sure you can ride street with a mader? Because with a profile, definitely you can’t

You can definitely ride street on profile and Madera hubs, just not with the smallest and lightest axles they have.
Check out Dan Foley, he rides maderas and has style everywhere he goes.

|

Hmmm

6/9/2018 10:40 AM

Damon_Taylor wrote:

mattiabmx wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

You can definitely ride street on profile and Madera hubs, just not with the smallest and lightest axles they have.
Check out ...more

Yep, Mike hinkins does plenty of pegging with maderas. But it all depends if you want it bomb proof or just good enough to grind a lot.

|

6/9/2018 10:45 AM

Damon_Taylor wrote:

mattiabmx wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

Check out ...more

Yeach exactly, just get the solid 14mm male chromoly axle and chromoly driver as well....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...