Best chain lube for BMX Bikes?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/28/2016 11:30 PM

I need to lube my chain and I was wondering whats the best chain lube in your opinions to get? I know of white lighting and finish line and some others but what do you guys recommend exactly? (Please be specific dont just say white lightning there is 3 different ones ive see from white lightning so be specific please) and why do you prefer them over the others? thanks. I want one thats gonna help my chain last long and also make it quiet to where i wont hear any sound from the chain while im pedaling or when i land

so far im leaning towards white lightning epic ride but i see alot of people liking clean ride but epic ride sounds better to me but i dont know you guys help me out thanks

|

1/28/2016 11:40 PM

I use this, works very well and I never have any issues with it and my chain is quieter than Anne Frank

Photo

|

1/28/2016 11:46 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I use this, works very well and I never have any issues with it and my chain is quieter than Anne Frank

Photo

Thats the one I see alot of people using but the white lightning epic ride seems like it would be better do you know which one is better out of those 2? and also how often do you have to re lube your chain with that?

|

1/29/2016 12:03 AM

No idea on the epic ride cause I've never used it but I looked up the epic ride and it says it's a "light lube" whereas the clean ride is a "wax lube"

I'm not sure, but that tells me that the epic ride isn't a wax lube, meaning dirt that gets stuck to the chain won't ball itself up and fall off on its own like it does with the clean ride. Maybe it will though, I don't know anything about it.

I've been using the clean ride for years though and I hardly ever lube my chain and I can do crankflips all day with no problem, so it stays well-lubed for quite awhile. Unless of course I ride in shitty weather like snow or rain, then I always relube it after that just cause.

|

1/29/2016 12:12 AM

You shouldn't need to lube your chain too much at all. When they're new they have a wax on them that lasts a pretty good time. You should clean your chain thoroughly, and dry it thoroughly before putting anything else on it. When you do put something on it you need to completely cover it making sure it gets into the rollers and between the plates. Then wipe off any left on the outside. A dry chain will last a lot longer than an over lubed chain (I've never lubed my own chain, I just replace it after a year or so).
Any good dry lube or wax will do the job, it's pretty much all the same

|

1/29/2016 12:19 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

You shouldn't need to lube your chain too much at all. When they're new they have a wax on them that lasts a pretty good time. ...more

My chain is pretty new but I sanded my frame and my chain got wet I didnt know how to take it off its my first half link chain ive ever had and it doesnt use a masterlink like my old chain its a shadow interlock v2 chain but when I put my bike back together I noticed the rollers make noise now when i land or pedal sometimes and its annoying to me and i feel like my chain will last alot longer if I lube it and take care of it like I should so now im looking for chain lube haha

|

1/29/2016 12:20 AM

I found another one by white lightning called easy lube it seems the same as the clean ride one anybody know which one is better?

|

1/29/2016 3:44 AM

tri flow

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

1/29/2016 7:56 AM

I'm running white lightning epic ride. I live in a muddy, and dirty area, and have dried dirt all over tires (I wipe down the frame and tires, but short of hosing it off...) , so I was pretty surprised when i checked the chain a few days ago and saw that it was perfectly clean.

that doesn't mean it won't get dirty, or doesn't, it's just something i noticed.

it runs smooth, and i don't hear any sound.

of course, the chain is new, so that factory wax grumpySteve mentioned may be causing this. I'm prob going to pick up some clean ride based on what sundaybmxRR mentioned.

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/29/2016 9:59 AM

White Lightning is the shit man, cause ya know it's hella convenient to just be able to go to Walmart and buy the stuff! Very accessible; no need to order it online and such.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/29/2016 11:36 AM

I use FinishLine Dry (teflon based). Works well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/29/2016 6:49 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Photo

Use this too

Be careful because I got it all over my bed and it looked like a busted a fat nut all over my sheets ..

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short