Best cheap bmx bike

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2019 7:25 AM

Ok so i know I’m probably not supposed to just start a thread about this but I found a steal. For anyone that lands on this thread that is just getting into bmx and is shopping in the 350-400 dollar range this bike is perfect. So when my friends buy bikes I always recommend them checking out chain reaction cycles. This website always has insane deals and has a shit load of bikes. While I was on there this is the bike I came across.
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/division-fortiz-bmx-bike/rp-prod162201

By far best bike for the money hope this can help anyone trying to get into bmx on a budget

|

2/8/2019 11:53 AM

The hub guard is on the wrong side in the pic! Lol

But it does look pretty decent, you dont see too many completes come with 4 pegs...

|

2/8/2019 12:22 PM

How long have you been a rep for Chain Reaction or Division bikes?

|

2/8/2019 1:30 PM

Probably a stolen custom build. Crackheads ask for cents on the dollar.

|

2/8/2019 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2019 8:09 PM

It looks nice, but no different than any other entry level complete for the most part. And you say you're trying to save money, so why are you trying to buy a bike from the UK if you live in the USA? Your total after tax/shipping is gonna come out to more than it would cost you to buy a complete here in the States, and it will more than likely get stuck for an undetermined time period coming thru US Customs before it's delivered to you. Where as you could just buy something from your local shop or online and have it the same day or within a week or so. Just my $0.02...

Edit: Just looked at their shipping policy. They pay the Customs duty tax on all US orders, but complete bikes are excluded from the free shipping offer. Idk what UK-US shipping costs, but can guarantee you it's more than shipping one within the US, which is pretty pricey as it is.

|

2/12/2019 10:45 AM

-Havok- wrote:

It looks nice, but no different than any other entry level complete for the most part. And you say you're trying to save money, so why are you trying to buy a bike from the UK if you live in the USA? Your total after tax/shipping is gonna come out to more than it would cost you to buy a complete here in the States, and it will more than likely get stuck for an undetermined time period coming thru US Customs before it's delivered to you. Where as you could just buy something from your local shop or online and have it the same day or within a week or so. Just my $0.02...

Edit: Just looked at their shipping policy. They pay the Customs duty tax on all US orders, but complete bikes are excluded from the free shipping offer. Idk what UK-US shipping costs, but can guarantee you it's more than shipping one within the US, which is pretty pricey as it is.

Have ordered from Chain Reaction in the past and here's my observations:
- For import orders from outside the US, the customs limit is $800 before any duties apply. Their offer to pay customs duties really only makes a difference for more expensive mountain / road bikes.

- CRC shipping to the US for bikes is in the $40-70 range, which is pretty reasonable. For the Division bike listed above, it shows $68 for shipping.

- Orders for less bulky stuff ship free as long as they're over $50

- Pretty much anything I've ordered from them in the past has come within a week or so. If anything, they're usually a little quicker to ship out than some US-based stores I've dealt with.

- Component costs can sometimes be significantly lower from UK / European stores than US stores due to regional differences in wholesale pricing. Shimano used to be one example where some European sellers were able to make a profit selling things lower than the wholesale price US shops paid, but they've blocked sales from most European stores to the US as of January.

- CRC does pretty massive discounts on prior year bikes vs. other retailers. 40-50% off is pretty common vs. 20-30% off that I tend to see at most US-based shops.

- I'd looked at the Division as well and I'd consider full chromoly with sealed bearings a step above "entry level complete"

|

2/12/2019 12:47 PM

-Havok- wrote:

TimTucker wrote:

Have ordered from Chain Reaction in the past and here's my observations:
- For import orders from outside the US, the customs limit is $800 before any duties apply. Their offer to pay customs duties really only makes a difference for more expensive mountain / road bikes.

- CRC shipping to the US for bikes is in the $40-70 range, which is pretty reasonable. For the Division bike listed above, it shows $68 for shipping.

- Orders for less bulky stuff ship free as long as they're over $50

- Pretty much anything I've ordered from them in the past has come within a week or so. If anything, they're usually a little quicker to ship out than some US-based stores I've dealt with.

- Component costs can sometimes be significantly lower from UK / European stores than US stores due to regional differences in wholesale pricing. Shimano used to be one example where some European sellers were able to make a profit selling things lower than the wholesale price US shops paid, but they've blocked sales from most European stores to the US as of January.

- CRC does pretty massive discounts on prior year bikes vs. other retailers. 40-50% off is pretty common vs. 20-30% off that I tend to see at most US-based shops.

- I'd looked at the Division as well and I'd consider full chromoly with sealed bearings a step above "entry level complete"

Yeh what I’m trying to say tho is even though it’s not a entry level complete why would u get a entry level bike that costs like the same as getting that bike. Nice information btw

|

2/13/2019 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2019 8:35 AM

Matt_spelly wrote:

Yeh what I’m trying to say tho is even though it’s not a entry level complete why would u get a entry level bike that costs like the same as getting that bike. Nice information btw

I'd say that pretty much any complete that comes with 8-spline cranks (as the one you listed) is an entry-level bike. What makes you think this is not an entry-level bike?

|