Odyssey thunderbolts.

|

11/22/2015 1:39 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Odyssey thunderbolts.

This

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/22/2015 2:01 PM

Ive always wondered is odyssey made in America or tiawan ?

|

biggybuggy wrote:

Odyssey thunderbolts.

Yup.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

Taiwan

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.

11/22/2015 2:06 PM

Support keeping money in North America buy some profile cranks

|

11/22/2015 2:11 PM

Never had thunderbolts but I had twombolts for a while. Really good, but spare parts seem pricey for what they are.
Other than them, I've always run profile

|

11/22/2015 2:44 PM

eskimojay wrote:

....or madera

|

My Ride
My Other Ride

11/22/2015 3:00 PM

FBM cranks

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

11/22/2015 3:01 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I hate this rebuttal. Why buy an inferior product just because it's North American made?

|

11/22/2015 3:17 PM

the american economy isn't great, although it's doing a little bit better.
the bmx industry is suffering hard.
supporting usa companies means giving more americans jobs in the bmx industry and your money directly supporting the bmx industry, not the costs of international manufacturing/distribution.
plenty of companies if you have a customer service/warranty issue you have to go through the retailer who has to contact the distributor who contacts the company who has to contact their overseas manufacturing plant...not the case with american made.
that's just my thoughts on it. there's obviously exceptions on both sides.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride

11/22/2015 3:28 PM

On the topic of inferior products oddysey cranks are quite inferior to primo powerbites

So if you don't care about sending money to overseas economy's buy primo cranks

|

11/22/2015 3:58 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Odyssey thunderbolts.

Unless you want chrome.

|

11/22/2015 4:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2015 4:08 PM

eclat aeon cranks

JK

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

11/22/2015 5:29 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

....or madera

Madera HT cranks come with a lifetime warranty (limited to the original purchaser) which covers bending and breaking of both the crank arms and spindle..

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

11/22/2015 5:33 PM

eskimojay wrote:

On the topic of inferior products oddysey cranks are quite inferior to primo powerbites

So if you don't care about sending ...more

Powerbites are the biggest pieces of shit ever. Fucking everything goes wrong with those turds of cranks. why would i want pinch bolts? A feature of lower end stock bike cranks? Plus they strip out and the pedal spindle things come loose. Sure they supposedly "fixed" that but they're still garbage and completely disgusting to look at.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/22/2015 5:57 PM

eskimojay wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Powerbites are the biggest pieces of shit ever. Fucking everything goes wrong with those turds of cranks. why would i want ...more

They weren't pieces of shit, they were very stiff & strong. However, the pinch bolts & the pedal insert thing coming loose is exactly why I think they're inferior to Thunderbolts.

That and I don't like them being aluminum for some reason, not that I do crank arm grinds, I just don't personally like that but that alone isn't why I believe them to be inferior.

|

11/22/2015 6:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2015 7:23 PM

My primo hollowbites were alright for the 5 years i rode them. Never had insert issues but the square shape would bite my ankles every now and then. Never did any arm grinds.. one arm eventually cracked though. On the thunders now and I dont miss pinch bolts one bit lol.

I had conSidered eclat tibias&mavericks, bonedeth, stolen team, strictly bitch and Kink pillar cranks before getting the odyssys. Demolition rigs seem tough as well.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/22/2015 7:50 PM

eskimojay wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Powerbites are the biggest pieces of shit ever. Fucking everything goes wrong with those turds of cranks. why would i want ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

They weren't pieces of shit, they were very stiff & strong. However, the pinch bolts & the pedal insert thing coming ...more

Thunders were the stiffest cranks ever. I am currently on some Redline G7s for a while, but i still have my thunders and i'm probably gonna toss em back on. The G7s feel stiff too but not as stiff.

I do do crank arm grinds. I do not approve of aluminum, in this case, if it aint steal it aint real. Which is a preference of mine. I'm sure they're tough but they're lame as far as cranks go.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/22/2015 8:19 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Thunders were the stiffest cranks ever. I am currently on some Redline G7s for a while, but i still have my thunders and i'm ...more

I don't understand how aluminum crank arms feel like shit for crank arm grinds,
I never tried them on my cranks, too soft and gets stuck perhaps?

Grinding on skate trucks feel like butter and those are aluminum.

|

But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

11/22/2015 10:54 PM

Rig cranks at my local shop are a fucking huge set of cranks . Massive and seem bombproof.

Dennis Probably looked down at his dick and looked down at his bike and an idea formed . He made his cranks after the size of his dick and strength equal to his balls to do crazy shit

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/23/2015 6:33 AM

eskimojay wrote:

With the exception of the pedal boss issue they had when they just threaded the alloy, so they added the insert, and a lot of people had their pedal bosses rip out or rotate in the arm.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/23/2015 6:48 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Rig cranks at my local shop are a fucking huge set of cranks . Massive and seem bombproof.

Dennis Probably looked down at ...more

That's a REALLY weird thing to say...

He probably looked at other cranks, and said "Let's make em stiffer and stronger" and thought "Larger tubing might withstand abuse better when it comes to bending etc."

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/23/2015 11:11 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Dennis Probably looked down at ...more

I'm going to make signature cranks and call then MandingoX. lol

|

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

11/23/2015 11:46 AM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

the american economy isn't great, although it's doing a little bit better.
the bmx industry is suffering hard.
supporting usa ...more

Totally agree. Tried contacting fly to ask a question about their brakes. Didn't work out too well. If I can afford it, and there are enough options, I prefer to give my $ to a USA company and to those that support the bmx industry. As for quality, I would say there is no question with the majority of USA made stuff. S&M, Profile, FBM, FiT.

Those Madera cranks look great. Made by Profile, lifetime warranty. How could you go wrong?

|

11/23/2015 5:44 PM

Primo cranks are far from shit.

First set lasted over ten years before i traded them on, they are still being ridden.

Had hollowbites, were perfect and gave them away on bikeguide secret santa as what a decent gift right?

Bought another set of powerbites and only thing i do is dremel the arms so they fit full guard sprockets and 25t with no issue.

All in all, never had a bad set, rode them since 03 only changing out for tibias and profiles (which i bent two sets of)

Get the bites or thunderbolts.

|

11/23/2015 5:50 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

They weren't pieces of shit, they were very stiff & strong. However, the pinch bolts & the pedal insert thing coming ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Thunders were the stiffest cranks ever. I am currently on some Redline G7s for a while, but i still have my thunders and i'm ...more

one try kid wrote:

I don't understand how aluminum crank arms feel like shit for crank arm grinds,
I never tried them on my cranks, too soft and ...more

The shape and the sticky ness.

Skateboards grind different, you sort of need more stickiness with those.

You can do crank arms with them but it feels like poop.

|