Create New Tag

6/16/2013 3:20 PM

Best forks for fat tires?

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

6/16/2013 3:36 PM

Not sure about best but from experience I can say Macneil Blazers/cks will clear a 2.35 Momentum but barely. If your wheel moves or gets a slight warp or hop it will rub.
That said the same momentum did not clear the little peaks on the bottom of the steer tube on Federal v2's.

|

6/16/2013 3:51 PM

Odyssey R forks Or the Cult forks will fit anything

|

6/16/2013 4:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2013 4:14 PM

My Animal Barrett Forks will pretty much fit any tyre on the market. Also BSD Forks will fit HUGE tyres too. As mentioned Odyssey R Series Forks will too.

|

6/16/2013 4:37 PM

Odyssey R's or Odyssey Directors are ones i know of for sure

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

6/16/2013 4:59 PM

Kink foundations fit 2.25 fafs with a lot of room to spare. In pretty sure Matt Muldoon ran 2.35 demos in them as well

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/16/2013 8:41 PM

If this is seriously the deciding factor in what forks you're going to buy I might suggest that you should rethink your life...

|

6/16/2013 10:15 PM

mrjimyjohn wrote:

If this is seriously the deciding factor in what forks you're going to buy I might suggest that you should rethink your life...

i wouldnt say its a deciding factor (he never said anything other then what forks fit fatties and nothing about buying forks either ) but it is a pretty big one if you're a fan of huge tires

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

6/17/2013 4:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2013 2:51 PM

I got the cult sect v2, great street fork with fat tire clearance & a 28mm offset.
Love em.
My animal mtt & demo momentums 2.35 fit perfectly with room to spare

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/17/2013 5:35 AM

mrjimyjohn wrote:

you are an idiot.... Deciding forks based on what fits your tire...... how does that even compare to life.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/17/2013 12:00 PM

Get some flatland forks......because mrjimmyjohn is right..........and chrisaustin takes life and this forum way to seriously

|

6/17/2013 12:48 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Get some flatland forks......because mrjimmyjohn is right..........and chrisaustin takes life and this forum way to seriously

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

6/17/2013 6:42 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

I got the cult sect v2, great street fork with fat tire clearance & a 28mm offset.
Love em.

28 degree offset?

|

6/17/2013 10:10 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

directors bearly fit 2.4 hawks. (the actual inflation of 2.4 hawks is 2.3) so they wont fit momentums.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/18/2013 9:03 AM

jamiespadina wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

directors bearly fit 2.4 hawks. (the actual inflation of 2.4 hawks is 2.3) so they wont fit momentums.

directors can barely fit a 2.25 FAF. which inflates to 2.36

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

6/18/2013 2:51 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Love em.

mrjimyjohn wrote:

28 degree offset?

I meant 28mm offset (not degree) my bad.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/18/2013 3:29 PM

I will vouch for the Cults too. I know they have a bit of a bullshit image but you cant argue with a lot of their parts. However i have been told they no longer use FBM & Solid for their US made frames & the quality has slipped quite a lot! The O.S made stuff however is still as good as it ever was & i will say even though i'm not running them anymore, they held up to peg abuse & the drop outs are TINY i was pretty impressed. My friend is running them now, he's no hack & doesn't really do anything huge but they are holding up to day to day general BMXing.

|

6/19/2013 7:30 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

My Directors won't fit a 2.35 Momentum! I had to switch my tires sad

|

Email: mccheesekid@gmail.com
Instagram: @McCheeseKid

Bought from: hrin, Me?, ecuadevil, regalracing, Dolphin