Best frames under 200 (on sale)

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2016 6:29 PM

I was thinking of either the wtp clash, total kaya, or haro zebra. I'm looking for something that will last and is reasonably light like 4ish 3 pounds or should I get a used frame on eBay? Any recommendations?

|

7/18/2016 7:38 PM

3-4 lbs is not gonna happen in general, no frames really get much under 5 lbs anymore due to durability concerns, but also not at that price point.

Also none of the frames you mentioned are at that weight.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/18/2016 10:03 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

3-4 lbs is not gonna happen in general, no frames really get much under 5 lbs anymore due to durability concerns, but also not ...more

Yeah Ik I was just saying those weights Incase I could get a different frame that would be worth spending an extra 100 for

|

7/18/2016 10:04 PM

I also want to know who offers the best guarantees for frames and parts

|

7/18/2016 10:53 PM

Sunday offer a lifetime warranty, s&m offer a year warranty with lifetime crash replacement (if you snap the frame after a few years, they'll sell you one at a discounted price). Most other brands it's just a year. But will be circumstantial (they might want you to send the frame to them, and if it looks abused, they won't cover it under warranty). Some brands will make any warranty void if you mod the frame yourself, or even just respray it.

Good geometry makes a bigger difference than weight. And a light frame will generally be weaker. What kind of riding will you be doing?

|

7/19/2016 12:53 AM

im going to mention impurity again just because i love their frames

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

7/19/2016 4:03 AM

Ive always had a soft spot for wtp. Solid geometry and can take a fckn beating. If you're on a tight budget hang out at the skatepark and ask around you might find some cool deals. Check out pinkbike for used frames.

|

7/19/2016 6:06 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Sunday offer a lifetime warranty, s&m offer a year warranty with lifetime crash replacement (if you snap the frame after a ...more

I mostly just ride park and street have a MTB for dirt

|

7/19/2016 6:10 PM

choooching wrote:

Ive always had a soft spot for wtp. Solid geometry and can take a fckn beating. If you're on a tight budget hang out at the ...more

Yeah that seems like the best option for me rn

|

7/19/2016 6:10 PM

Empire has the broadcaster for 200 right meow.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/20/2016 7:37 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Nice! Thanks for the recommendation

|

7/20/2016 7:43 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

But the rear triangle is not heat treated so idk

|

7/20/2016 8:14 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

YM◀▶BMX wrote:

Sunday are the only bmx company that heat treat frames (post weld). It not being heat treated doesn't mean it'll break, otherwise every frame by other brands would break all the time

|

7/20/2016 11:33 AM

Cheap, good, reliable. You can only pick two

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

7/20/2016 2:34 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Cheap, good, reliable. You can only pick two

*Unless you find something on clearance

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/20/2016 3:55 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

YM◀▶BMX wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Sunday are the only bmx company that heat treat frames (post weld). It not being heat treated doesn't mean it'll break, ...more

Alright thanks for the info dude

|

7/20/2016 5:37 PM

I have a fit aitekn s4 , 20.75tt for 100 if interested. I also live like 15min from your area

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/20/2016 5:39 PM

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.