Best freecoaster out right now

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2013 6:05 PM

I'm going to my local bike shop tomorrow to order a free coaster in, what is the best coaster?

And tips for new free coaster riders

I ride four pegs so it need to be strong, and can rock guards on both sides.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

9/3/2013 6:07 PM

I was just about to make this thread. Either the Federal, or wait for the Primo. Those are the 2 i'm keen on.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

9/3/2013 6:18 PM

I was looking at the federal, I don't know how I feel about a female rear, so I would get the male version,

Also I need LHD

|

9/3/2013 7:22 PM

Effting wrote:

I was looking at the federal, I don't know how I feel about a female rear, so I would get the male version,

Also I need LHD

Federal has an extra thrust bearing. Supposed to help the longevity of the hib

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

9/3/2013 7:41 PM

I've heard the best about the federal! my old astern was nice besdies the odd noise it made from time to time.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/4/2013 5:02 AM

no offense, bt youd be stupid to buy a freecoaster now, with so many on the edge of being released.... especially with interbike round the corner. infact, i wouldnt buy anything new this close to interbike

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

9/4/2013 11:28 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I've heard the best about the federal! my old astern was nice besdies the odd noise it made from time to time.

my astern has held well. its the toughest hub ive had so far...

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

9/4/2013 12:01 PM

Heard alotta good things about the éclat ones. But I'd still wait for interbike

|

Insta: @devicacy

9/4/2013 12:48 PM

Is federal the one that you can adjust slack without disassembly ?

|

9/4/2013 12:54 PM

killjonken wrote:

Is federal the one that you can adjust slack without disassembly ?

depends on which Federal hub it is. The V2 can be adjusted without removing it from the bike.

|

9/4/2013 2:28 PM

How'd that Ezra coaster end up doing does anyone ride them?

|

9/4/2013 2:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2013 2:38 PM

I think you should wait to buy one, I know a few companies are coming out with new ones like primo and cult and like said above interbike is coming so you never know what else is going to be released

im not really sure which one is the best but if you wanted get one now id go with the federal

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/4/2013 7:01 PM

eskimojay wrote:

How'd that Ezra coaster end up doing does anyone ride them?

Pretty solid, BJ Tomczik has a prototype of it with no issues for like 2 years.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/4/2013 7:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2013 7:11 PM

The Cult coaster seems okay. It uses the same internals as the already reliable KHE freecoaster much like many other companies but they've changed the driver side bearings to a more reliable bearings.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
We really took our time designing the Cult Match FC hub. The “stock” FC internals used by most companies work perfectly, but it is the hub drive-side and driver bearings that let most companies’ finished items down. We designed a custom tapered roller bearing intended to work in unison with the FC movement and added a needle roller bearing to the driver to build a bullet proof unit. We also added a needle-thrust bearing behind the clutch to reduce drag during coasting. The Match FC Hub is sold with the preferred “slack” requested by AK, Timmy Theus, Joe Vee, and every other Member that worked on this product with us. #cultcrew @nealcult

|

9/4/2013 7:40 PM

I already bought the Federal V3, I am also one of those people who are skeptical about buying a brand new part with no reviews, also have the coasters that are interbike won't be out for a while, like all previous interbike. Besides I will rock this one for a while then buy a new one when it breaks.

|

9/4/2013 7:42 PM

Also would the Daily grind driver side hub guard work on the federal?

|

9/4/2013 8:06 PM

The Primo Freemix looks like it comes with dual guards

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx