Best gloves for winter (EAST COAST WINTER)

Related:
Create New Tag

11/30/2019 6:23 PM

So, I can't find any good gloves that support gripping bikes that are not well below freezing. I need a glove that will have my fingers loose and warm at the lowest of 10 degrees for a good few hours. I usually am always warm in winter, but one killer part is my fingers and toes. I can double up in socks, but i never had a decent glove that wouldn't cause my fingers to throb in pain and become numb

|

sponsor me

11/30/2019 6:30 PM

Wool mitten gloves, the kind you can fold back the mitten part and have the tips of your fingers for using your phone or rebaiting your hook...

Your going to have to trust me on this..

|

12/1/2019 2:17 AM

Mickey gloves are the best

|

12/1/2019 6:52 AM

West coast Is the best coast

|

12/1/2019 7:48 AM

bumping cuz i been thinkin bout buying some gloves

|

12/1/2019 8:50 AM

Look into winter mountain biking gloves, especially ones designed for cross country. I haven't rode XC in about a decade but I used to have a pair of Fox racing gloves for MTB that were pretty great. Had a wind shell on top and were insulated but the bottoms of the fingers were relatively thin so I could still feel to brake.

Pearl iZUMi had some decent options back then as well. It seems like a key element of these kind of gloves is that they are almost baggy at the top, kind of loose, which would trap air next to the hand I think. They were rarely insulated, always just loose wind stopping material on top. Maybe with an insulated cuff.

|

12/1/2019 3:18 PM

Winter Motocross or Dual Sport gloves. Fly racing, Thor, Fox, but I heard O'Neal's are the best. I wear Thor simply because I'm an MXer, and I already have them lying around. Keep me warm on my dually at 65 on a cold day, work great on the 20 incher playing out in the cold. Good luck

|

12/1/2019 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2019 6:05 PM

What do you guys think about Non-Biking gloves? They hold to lot's more colder weather. Will they hold up to heavy riding though? I've always liked Polar-Tec fabric gloves

|

sponsor me

12/1/2019 6:29 PM

SlavBMX wrote:

What do you guys think about Non-Biking gloves? They hold to lot's more colder weather. Will they hold up to heavy riding though? I've always liked Polar-Tec fabric gloves

Go with what you like.... If not, then head on down to Home Depot and head to the glove isle. If it's warm, you can grip your bars well, and they resist moisture, run it. Fashion don't really matter unless that's your gig...........

|

12/2/2019 6:54 AM

granggg wrote:

Look into winter mountain biking gloves, especially ones designed for cross country. I haven't rode XC in about a decade but I used to have a pair of Fox racing gloves for MTB that were pretty great. Had a wind shell on top and were insulated but the bottoms of the fingers were relatively thin so I could still feel to brake.

Pearl iZUMi had some decent options back then as well. It seems like a key element of these kind of gloves is that they are almost baggy at the top, kind of loose, which would trap air next to the hand I think. They were rarely insulated, always just loose wind stopping material on top. Maybe with an insulated cuff.

This sounds like the best route to take

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/2/2019 11:41 AM

I got a pair of Fox Dirtpaws and they have been handling the 30 degree windy weather nicely. They're only like $18 shipped on eBay/Amazon too! Definitely better than the Odyssey and Shadow gloves I have used in the past.

|

12/2/2019 2:27 PM

SlavBMX wrote:

That's about it, you have two choices really..

Gloves that are really good for riding and work for colder days.

Gloves that are really good for cold but you can still do things with them on..

This was a few years ago, a February ride in Michigan..

|

12/3/2019 4:13 AM

Check out some snowboarding gloves too-Dakine (not sure if they even exist anymore) had some really good full-finger gloves for snowboarding that were well insulated etc, but also thin enough to grip well.

Otherwise check out some winter commuting type gloves-there are a lot of thinner options that will keep your hands warm for a bit.

What I also do is when I am taking a breather between hits of whatever I ride, I have pockets that I can get my hands into to warm em even more.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura