Best helmet brand

Related:
Create New Tag

9/25/2017 1:46 PM

Ive just started my bmx journey, and currently riding without a helmet till next week when I can afford one, cool or not I’d much rather break my arms then suffer concussion from something that a small hat could of prevented.

I’m looking for quality above all else, something that’s hardy but comfy.

Any recommendations are appreciated as are links

NOTE: I am in the UK

9/25/2017 1:57 PM

Get a certified helmet if you can. I have a Bell Segment and I really like it. It's very comfortable. My wife has a TSG and it's a little lighter but not quite as comfy(for me anyway). The Bell Local seems like it might be very nice too.

9/25/2017 1:58 PM

S1 is really good , I've ridden Protec and Krusher and they are ok as well . I really want to try a Kali helmet next after seeing Nick Bruce talk about his , the shape and look seems ideal to me , plus his flairwhip slam to his head and him being ok after kinda solidifies the fact the must be decent

Instagram : brayden.buckingham
everything I do is goofy

9/25/2017 2:05 PM

Pro-Tec is supposed to be pretty good... I have a Shadow Conspiracy certified helmet and it's pretty nice. It's comfortable and doesn't get really hot or anything and I'll wear it all day for like 5-6 hours straight....

My Bike

9/25/2017 2:16 PM

I've been most impressed with Kali and Bell.

9/25/2017 2:27 PM

I like fox helmets, protec, kali

Ride till you die

9/25/2017 2:28 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Get a certified helmet if you can. I have a Bell Segment and I really like it. It's very comfortable. My wife has a TSG and it's a little lighter but not quite as comfy(for me anyway). The Bell Local seems like it might be very nice too.

Sadly can’t get bell in uk but I did find this which seems to be fairly sturdy http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-helmets/adult-bike-helmets/mongoose-urban-helmet

9/25/2017 2:45 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Sw33tEuphoria wrote:

Sadly can’t get bell in uk but I did find this which seems to be fairly sturdy http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-helmets/adult-bike-helmets/mongoose-urban-helmet

Are you sure about that? Bell sponsors Greg Illingworth, who lives in the UK. It seems like a weird move to sponsor him if you can't get the product there...

9/25/2017 2:48 PM

9/25/2017 3:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2017 3:48 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Are you sure about that? Bell sponsors Greg Illingworth, who lives in the UK. It seems like a weird move to sponsor him if you can't get the product there...

Ive not seen any bell helmets in the stores around my area, so didn’t think they would be sold in the uk as it’s an American brand , and seeing as I don’t know my size instore would be better so I can try them on for a perfect fit. Thanks for the links though =)

If the bmx helmets were being sold in the UK Halfords would have them (its our go to store for everything bikes and motorsport) only thing there are bell cycle helmets so I’m not so sure

9/25/2017 4:55 PM

Loved my tsg helmets and now loving my s1 helmet , had a bell that was awesome too , according to nick Bruce Kali are where it's at I might try those next season

9/26/2017 1:57 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Sw33tEuphoria wrote:

You can get Bell in the UK, I have one, a Bell Faction, got it for £10 on clearance from Evans Cycles online and picked it up in shop
https://www.evanscycles.com/bell-faction-pattern-bmx-helmet-EV164420?esvt=52832-GOUKE2019600&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-1145910-1&esvcrea=166214631808&esvplace=&esvd=c&esvtg=pla-299609752989&esvo=EV164420-L-GRY&esvaid=50080&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9afOBRDWARIsAJW4nvwO_xKR9Pap5YpdXX2tqXGJPUwCgEN6NIPocZhHwgproby8dTn_WlgaAkuVEALw_wcB

9/26/2017 2:06 AM

TSG

9/26/2017 4:45 AM

anyone recommend a helmet that is a bit more slimmer fitting. having a big head sucks

9/27/2017 10:27 AM

While this thread is up here, is this helmet a good one. It says it’s the same as the evolution but with a cheaper colouring process so I’m guessing they’re the same protection wise
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.TSG-Evolution-Injected-BMX-Skate-Helmet_80367.htm?sku=262951&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxrnl6PDF1gIVx7ztCh0t5Q0QEAQYAiABEgLXMPD_BwE

9/27/2017 11:19 AM

Ved_goswami wrote:

While this thread is up here, is this helmet a good one. It says it’s the same as the evolution but with a cheaper colouring process so I’m guessing they’re the same protection wise
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.TSG-Evolution-Injected-BMX-Skate-Helmet_80367.htm?sku=262951&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxrnl6PDF1gIVx7ztCh0t5Q0QEAQYAiABEgLXMPD_BwE

My wife has the evolution but she has the more expensive version. It's a nice certified helmet. I don't find it as comfortable as my Bell Segment but that's just me. It's nice and light and it has a lower profile than my Bell. I think the only difference is the manufacturing process.

9/27/2017 12:57 PM

Had a protec, good but bulky.

Now use a poc crane pure, love it

9/27/2017 2:53 PM

Ved_goswami wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

My wife has the evolution but she has the more expensive version. It's a nice certified helmet. I don't find it as comfortable as my Bell Segment but that's just me. It's nice and light and it has a lower profile than my Bell. I think the only difference is the manufacturing process.

Okay thanks for the info man

10/5/2017 11:25 AM

I have poc crane pure, nice and slim, v comfy and well ventilated. Love it

10/5/2017 3:32 PM

I have a Lazer Armor helmet and love it. Super light, certified and fits my giant melon.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

10/6/2017 6:04 AM

Sw33tEuphoria wrote:

Ive not seen any bell helmets in the stores around my area, so didn’t think they would be sold in the uk as it’s an American brand , and seeing as I don’t know my size instore would be better so I can try them on for a perfect fit. Thanks for the links though =)

If the bmx helmets were being sold in the UK Halfords would have them (its our go to store for everything bikes and motorsport) only thing there are bell cycle helmets so I’m not so sure

Dude if theres one good piece of advice i can give you its to not go to halfords for anything but tool and grease. Just use chain reaction or source.

Hmmm

10/6/2017 6:09 AM

got the Kali Odyessy helmet and love it, its certified and has protected my skull a few times.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

10/6/2017 6:22 AM

I have a SixSixOne that I picked up for peanuts, but I am definitely getting a Shadow Conspiracy helmet.

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

10/6/2017 10:03 AM

Like people were saying above, a certified protec is the way to go. I have a protec half shell, but sometimes I’ll use my TSG full cut helmet.

As soon as the new protec/S&M helmets are out I’ll definitely be buying one of those

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales