Best phone for bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

9/4/2017 11:01 PM

Any guys out there have experience and opinions on different types of phones that have the best durability and camera quality and attachment options for bmx ?

I'm beating the hell out of my iPhone 6s and dethlens getting less and less stoked on it by the minute and I'm thinking this off season will be the time for new gear for next season

|

9/5/2017 6:32 AM

Samsung s7 edge is what I have, switched from iPhone for the first time ever to get this phone... not going back. This thing is a tank. I haven't had a case or screen cover on it, it refuses to break or even crack. I have broken the crap out of every iPhone screen I've ever had. s7 has been going a little over a year now, and it like new. Also doesn't glitch out and restart by itself like my iphones used to. Camera is good too.

|

9/5/2017 7:22 AM

Samsungs crush iphones. Galaxy s7 here and been with em since a 4, the edge is a little less ideal just because the screen doesn't allow a proper case with the curved screen. Tons of features and you don't need lens etc...

|

9/5/2017 8:40 AM

Wich Samsung was the one that explodes ? I plan to get a fisheye and a wide angle for my phone , might switch from dethlens

|

9/5/2017 9:01 AM

I use an iPhone 7+ and I've crashed with it before, it's very durable. Camera quality is also amazing.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

9/5/2017 11:03 AM

iPhone with a gigantic scary case?

|

9/5/2017 1:26 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Wich Samsung was the one that explodes ? I plan to get a fisheye and a wide angle for my phone , might switch from dethlens

Lithium batteries explode not phones, youll recall the I phones burning holes in peoples pockets a few years back? It was the note 7 that had battery issues. I guess use what you want but spec wise the galaxy and s7 cameras are leaps and bounds above an iPhone. The edge is even more so as far as camera. Otter case and give her with your preference, youll note that alot of people dont go back to a iPhone after running android on any decent platform. Let us know what you choose.

|

9/5/2017 1:32 PM

Be careful when searching for a good camera in a phone! I've learned that phone cameras are all about gimmicks. I can name four phones in that I've bought in the past 2 years because they had the most superior camera to-date, just to find out the quality of their video is worse than my Samsung S3 from 5 years ago. (LG G3, HTC M9/A9, and whichever LG came with the fisheye on it.)
A few months ago, I actually quit using my HTC A9 for filming because my back up phone (some 8gb LG that retailed for $100 brand new, hunk of junk) filmed far better clips.

All that said, I'm on a Samsung s8 now and both its video and photography options are incredible. It also comes with surprisingly good video editing software. The new otterboxes for them are super thin and light weight, but handle well to being dropped. I'm pretty stoked on it!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/5/2017 1:38 PM

HTC have always had the worst screens and camera's ever, like sub VGA quality, Honestly the new s7 and S8 are almost better than 2k SLR cameras. They are nutso.

|

9/5/2017 2:12 PM

The info is appreciated guys I deffinatly got some thinking to do , I went from the s3 to the iPhones and have been on iPhone ever since , might be time to make a switch back

|

9/5/2017 3:29 PM

Nelsdollaz wrote:

Samsung s7 edge is what I have, switched from iPhone for the first time ever to get this phone... not going back. This thing ...more

My wife is on her second one with glitches causing a warranty replacement. I also know a guy who had one and the screen shattered on a drop WITH A CASE where only the case hit the ground.

I've got an Iphone 6plus with the ONLY issue being one crack across the screen from falling 3 feet to concrete at a local park with a crap-tacular cheapo case. New phone day is upon us, and I have NO IDEA which route I plan to go.

That happened less than 2 months into owning it. Been 2 years now without issues.

I use a cheap tripod I got off Amazon to hold it up for my self filming sessions-the legs bend and flex so I can wrap them on stuff to get rad angles etc-AND even on my bike for some weird POV options.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/5/2017 3:55 PM

IPhone with otterbox defender case. I have never seen 1 guy I ride with not have a serious issue with any other phone. I have had mine fly out of my pocket on a 12 stair gap to ledge, smacked the ledge and only the case was scratched.

|

9/10/2017 2:36 PM

Shot with a galaxy s6...

|

9/10/2017 2:56 PM

Sony lenses are real good. I've always used Sony, and I've just got the xa1. I'll be retiring my gopro in favour of my phone soon. Saves all the faffing about of connecting them to get a good angle, then transferring clips to my phone to edit them

|

9/10/2017 3:30 PM

I hear there's a bunch of new phones supposed to drop this month I might wait a bit and see how they are when they come out

|