Best place to live for BMX?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2013 10:44 AM

I have always wondered where would be the best place to ride BMX and take part in the BMX culture. I live in somewhere not so good for BMX, but i still have a good time. Where is the best place for BMX?

(how you guys like not reading a page of writing from me? XD )

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/14/2013 10:48 AM

I dunno... my town is pretty BMX cultured but.. the skatepark is not bikes allowed... Austin,Texas is building a new BMX race track and BMX park... It's almost done. It looks fucking insane

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/14/2013 10:49 AM

Bravo on knocking down that wall a bit mate, lol.

I dunno I've always been fascinated with Cali and from what I've seen the scene is BIG so if I could go anywhere in the world that's where I'd go, failing that Barcelona, just for the spots.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/14/2013 10:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2013 10:53 AM

Liverpool/Manchester if you like all the chavvy dub shit, otherwise i'd say long beach or Austin. Boston for me though, always thought it was cool, more of an underdog.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

8/14/2013 10:52 AM

Oh and don't forget Austin, texas has ninth street and walnut creek.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/14/2013 10:55 AM

I am pretty hell bent on selling Austin as the place to goPhoto

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/14/2013 10:59 AM

Barcelona? Austin? Whistler (If you ride dirt jumps)? Ontario? Close to the smp park?

|

Bang Bang bmx

8/14/2013 11:02 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Barcelona? Austin? Whistler (If you ride dirt jumps)? Ontario? Close to the smp park?

He get's it... austin in the shit.. I won't shut up about it

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/14/2013 11:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2013 11:15 AM

. Bring it to somewhere that isn't familiar with it. Or expand your local scene

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/14/2013 11:14 AM

Barcelona, Utterly amazing spots!

Liverpool, A lot of the Dub Crew, The Loot Shop & plenty of pretty famous UK street spots!

Scotland, Unit 23, BSD guys & quite a few famous spots too.

Austin, I mean that place is pretty much a BMX mecca, Sooooo many spots to ride & you have Empire one of the best BMX shops in the entire world.

California, Lots of awesome spots to ride, Schools, Colleges etc & a general laid back vibe.

If i were to win the Lottery/Euro Millions i would like to own properties in the states to visit during the shitty British winter/all year weather lol. but yeah. The States seems to be this amazing BMX mecca of awesomeness. I'm sure a lot of you American guys would have less favourable things to say about the US but i'd still like to be able to visit & not have to book a hotel etc. Just walk into a house that is decorated to my liking, kick my shoes off, slump on the sofa, have a smoke & then hook up with people i know on facebook or on here for a ride session.

|

8/14/2013 11:26 AM

Id say anywhere in so cal, LB, downtown, Huntington beach and all the beach areas. unfortunately not for dirt though

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/14/2013 11:28 AM

tomdon wrote:

. Bring it to somewhere that isn't familiar with it. Or expand your local scene

I am constantly expanding my local scene! haha im sure it isnt the best tho! haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/14/2013 11:31 AM

Topsey wrote:

Barcelona, Utterly amazing spots!

Liverpool, A lot of the Dub Crew, The Loot Shop & plenty of pretty famous UK street spots!

Scotland, Unit 23, BSD guys & quite a few famous spots too.

Austin, I mean that place is pretty much a BMX mecca, Sooooo many spots to ride & you have Empire one of the best BMX shops in the entire world.

California, Lots of awesome spots to ride, Schools, Colleges etc & a general laid back vibe.

If i were to win the Lottery/Euro Millions i would like to own properties in the states to visit during the shitty British winter/all year weather lol. but yeah. The States seems to be this amazing BMX mecca of awesomeness. I'm sure a lot of you American guys would have less favourable things to say about the US but i'd still like to be able to visit & not have to book a hotel etc. Just walk into a house that is decorated to my liking, kick my shoes off, slump on the sofa, have a smoke & then hook up with people i know on facebook or on here for a ride session.

Ahh i see what you are saying a lot Topsey. haha

i would love to just have a house somewhere in Austin one day. Id invite all kinds of BMXers and all my friends that ride and stuff. Itd be gnarly! haha

I actually may one day get to ride in London England! Which will be so great! Does anyone on here know what all there is in London? Im sure there is a LOT haha

|

8/14/2013 11:39 AM

South Banks are fucking awesome. So much shit to ride. There are some REALLY rough areas in London. I try to stick to the popular tourist areas & even there you have to watch your shit.

|

8/14/2013 11:57 AM

Topsey wrote:

South Banks are fucking awesome. So much shit to ride. There are some REALLY rough areas in London. I try to stick to the popular tourist areas & even there you have to watch your shit.

Oh wow, forreal? damn. What kind of stuff goes on that i should watch out for?? I am going there for graduation this next summer and living for a few weeks! I have uncles that are at my house right now but are going back to their home in London tomorrow. haha

|

8/14/2013 12:36 PM

Topsey wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Oh wow, forreal? damn. What kind of stuff goes on that i should watch out for?? I am going there for graduation this next summer and living for a few weeks! I have uncles that are at my house right now but are going back to their home in London tomorrow. haha

pick pockets
muggings

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/14/2013 12:41 PM

LONG BEACH
VENTURA CA (KOALA TRAILS ARE THE GREATEST GOOGLE THEM)
AUSTRAILIA
WOODWARD

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

8/14/2013 12:48 PM

Northern Ohio is pretty good. We had both chenga 57 and 2, evolution skatepark, rays MTB, and we have 9 outdoors parks within a half hour of Cleveland.

The likes of Justin Simpson and Zach gerber make a lot of visits.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/14/2013 1:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2013 1:35 PM

I really don't have a great deal where i live. In Bicester there is a little skate park, its pretty bog standard council built concrete park designed for "Everyone" to use. There really isn't a lot of things i would describe as street elements. As for Street around here, good lord there really is nothing! I have explored around Bicester going for a cruise with the Dude Bros, not a lot TBH. There's is one or two hand rails that have REALLY hard run ups like awkward angles & shit like that.

In Banbury about a 15 minute Train journey away, there is a BIG skate park. It has a pre-fab wooden park, pretty impressive actually, i don't particularly like Ramps & these things are fucking huge! There are a few rails but they are untouched. I asked why & one of the riders said that the mums that use the play park said they are for them to sit on!! The Rail has an upward kink in it that is impossible to sit on! We spoke with a few of the skaters too & we're hoping that the council are going to put new park maps up at the entrances explaining they are grind rails & if any Banbury Chav Skank Mother decides to tell us to get off them we can tell them to go have a child with another man. Seriously one "Woman" Had a Black/Half cast toddler, an Indian/Pakistani looking kid & a white english looking child & they were all calling her mummy & she put them all in one of those mega pram things & left the park!!

Oxford has some seriously awesome street. But i will never return to Oxford Town Center. I had a panic attack there one time & i was left to get on with it by my so called "Girlfriend" my Mum left work & drove to Oxford to come & pick me up. There are way to many people, there are some SUPER rough areas & some SUPER rough people. I would not trust my bike or any of my belongings unless i was in a group of like 40 riders then i would probably chill out about it but until that happens i will never go back to the main areas of Oxford. I mean i go to Oxford in a car for Hospital appointments but i am never really near the busy or rough areas.

Then the only other choices i have for riding street are long train journeys away & i would more than likely not be able to do it in one day. I would have to find some where to crash or book a fucking hotel. Once again unless i was in a big group of riders kinda making like a holiday of it then i really cant be bothered right now.

|

8/14/2013 2:33 PM

cali, sick weather, chill dudes, sick street scene, beaches, and fairly cheap weed

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/14/2013 2:51 PM

i'm pretty content with where i'm at right now my town has about 4 skateparks of varying sizes 2 small shitty ones 1 thats just a bit bigger then the first to just better only problem with it is the ramps are metal so it can get pretty slippery

then the last park is the one i'm closet to which in my opinion is a decently sized concrete park not to big not to small fits nicely into the area

if anywhere seems to be the best to me id have to say cali manly because it like the birthplace if i'm not mistaken of bmx or at least some f the first forms of it

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/14/2013 2:52 PM

Greenville.....got the pro town documentary seems like a kickass place

|

8/14/2013 3:13 PM

For those who have mentioned Barcelona, I know its really good, but i have heard that you can be stopped by the police and they can make you pay a fine..... Anyways, it seems really nice for BMX.
My town´s scene is shit thought...

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

8/14/2013 3:15 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Quite a lot of Gang shit goes down in London. There are posh tourist studenty areas that are usually pretty fine. But there are a lot of stabbings, muggings, car jacking, drug dealing, prostitution, robberies, kidnappings, even shootings sometimes & guns aren't readily available in England. There are areas in London with high rise flats & housing estates that most regular people wouldn't even dream of walking/driving into. In London there are very rich, posh, educated areas & then there are very poor, Chavy areas lots of kids expelled from school, drug dealing, gang activity areas.

IF you didn't know, Chav stands for Council Housed And Violent. There are loads of kids that get labelled Chavs because they dress like rude boi gangsters, listen to Rap & live in council houses. THEN there are the real kids that you probably could label as Gangsters. Not the sort of gangsters i think of like the Mafia kind of deal. Like Street Thug, Drug Dealing kinda Gangsters, that would fuck you up, take everything you have on you & leave you for dead kind of Chavs.

If you let things like that worry you though, you wont enjoy your time in England. London can be a really sweet place to visit loads of sweet shit to do aquariums, museums, the Dungeons are fucking awesome. I honestly think the Zoo is one of the Best in the UK. One thing i will warn you against is the London Eye. Wooo it looks cool, loads of tourists go on it & its something to say your did when you were in the UK. Fuck me is it boring, you pay a shit ton of money to spend 20 minutes in a bubble, sitting on the bench if you're lucky looking out over London. Booooooooring!! Have fun though, enjoy yourself, just don't be an easy target! Don't be one of these tourists that walks around with their bag open with all their camera equipment on show wandering around looking at maps & being a general dumbass.

|

8/14/2013 3:46 PM

Yeah SOME parts of london are no go areas, be careful dude, if it looks rough and there are high rise flats around stay out of there especially at night.

Its fucking gangland and the gangsters are really territorial and don't take to kindly to anyone that ain't local.

London is a big city tho its not all that way but even in the tourist areas the will be organised crime out to do over tourists, so just keep ya wits about ya an you should be fine, if someone bumps into you tho check you still got ya wallet, pickpockets everywhere especially in the underground tube stations.

Fucking sux really.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/14/2013 4:07 PM

Give riders like this a swerve

Spot the bmx..some irony in there somewhere

Photo

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/14/2013 4:35 PM

Shanghai, Bangkok and tokyo seem amazing with all the business districts.Which means plazas.marble,rails,stairs and lots of shit.Im not sure about the following there though.

|

8/14/2013 5:01 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Give riders like this a swerve

Spot the bmx..some irony in there somewhere

Photo

Yer if they are wearing Adidas an have what you Americans call a Walmart bike with there hoods up..... Run away seriously those guys are on drugs been expelled and have no life looking for trouble sn usually have knifes an they won't be afraid to use them either

|

8/14/2013 5:09 PM

Scum of the earth seriously.

|

8/14/2013 7:55 PM

pretty much anywere in california nice weather year round

|