Best plegs?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2014 10:28 AM

I'm currently running the primo binary plegs and they are great, they don't wear down and slide great. The only problem with them is that they shatter sometimes. What plegs don't shatter easily but still last long?

|

7/2/2014 10:50 AM

plegs are g-sport plastic pegs, not just a nickname for plastic pegs.
And im not too sure because ive yet to switch over, but heard good about the federals, stolen silencers (although they are alloy inner), shadow sods look good, and so do eclat venoms. There are alot of pegs out there, and alot of theads recently, so have a search!

|



NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)


7/2/2014 10:50 AM

Cult Butter pegs are really good. I have cracked one sleeve and it's because a smashed into a grind box so it was my fault.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/2/2014 11:57 AM

animal buthchers

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109


pcoco ticaleb

7/2/2014 12:06 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Cult Butter pegs are really good. I have cracked one sleeve and it's because a smashed into a grind box so it was my fault.

How long had you been running them and how quickly do they wear down?

|

7/2/2014 12:06 PM

vanny wrote:

animal buthchers

So do they not crack or shatter if you land hard or weird on a ledge? And how long do they last?

|

7/2/2014 2:46 PM

Clear plastic is more brittle, so the binarys weren't the best.

I run Shadow Little Ones with Slicker Sleeves and they slide great and feel pretty malleable, so they shouldn't crack easy. Only problem is, I haven't been on them for longer than a month and its almost time for a new pair. Theyre nice for park grinds, but one street sesh will take them down to metal.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


7/2/2014 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2014 3:59 PM

If you're not worried about weight, you can't go wrong with Fit OG Pegs and Wizard Sleeves. They will seriously last you a very long time if you keep rotating them.

If you want to save weight, find a peg you like with a plastic sleeve over top of an aluminum inner. I had the Stolen Silencers and they were quite nice. Now I'm rocking the 1664 Easy Sliders which are similar, but a bit lighter and have an anti-rotation pin. The sleeves themselves last me about two months but they are only available in Canada so you'll have to look for a different brand.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

7/2/2014 8:15 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Clear plastic is more brittle, so the binarys weren't the best.

I run Shadow Little Ones with Slicker Sleeves and they slide ...more

The binarys aren't clear, they're black, I think you're thinking of the gsport plegs.
I also used to run the shadow little ones with slicker sleeves and I found out pretty quickly that if you say go over in a nose manny the whole pleg shatters but once the end wears down, yeah they're great. I just got tired of them and wanted something else.

|

7/2/2014 8:20 PM

transition_chris wrote:

If you're not worried about weight, you can't go wrong with Fit OG Pegs and Wizard Sleeves. They will seriously last you a ...more

I was thinking of trying those but i would have to buy the pegs and sleeves and I don't have that kind of money.
I heard somewhere that the stolen silencers wear down the metal around the end and you couldn't change the sleeves out, did you have that problem?

|

7/2/2014 10:27 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Cult Butter pegs are really good. I have cracked one sleeve and it's because a smashed into a grind box so it was my fault.

street for life wrote:

How long had you been running them and how quickly do they wear down?

I've been running them since Christmas, they come with a sleeve on the peg and a sleeve in the bag and I haven't bought new sleeves yet.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/2/2014 10:32 PM

I run my lbs pegs and have cut a plastic cricket stump up to fit the length and put it on and they slide awesomely and I have ran them for 9 moths and only a tiny bit or wear on them

|

7/2/2014 10:34 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Cult Butter pegs are really good. I have cracked one sleeve and it's because a smashed into a grind box so it was my fault.

street for life wrote:

How long had you been running them and how quickly do they wear down?

Stocksy wrote:

I've been running them since Christmas, they come with a sleeve on the peg and a sleeve in the bag and I haven't bought new ...more

That's how my primos came but I've only had them for a couple months and I already shattered 4 sleeves. I might have to try those cult pegs, how much do you grind? And what do you grind coping, rough concrete, smooth concrete, etc.

|

7/2/2014 10:40 PM

street for life wrote:

That's how my primos came but I've only had them for a couple months and I already shattered 4 sleeves. I might have to try ...more

I grind every time I ride so everyday. I am usually grinding rough concrete too.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/2/2014 10:49 PM

street for life wrote:

I was thinking of trying those but i would have to buy the pegs and sleeves and I don't have that kind of money.
I heard ...more

The silencers are basically just a thin alluminum peg with a plastic sleeve so you could grind down to the peg, but it's pretty much just as likely as with any other plastic peg. The trick is to rotate them every once and a while so they last long.

If you're really concerened about longevity, you might want to check out the United Plastic pegs. They have a very thin chromoly inner peg with a very thick outer plastic peg. We have had less customers on these so I don't have as much first hand experience with them, but they look like they will last a very long time!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

7/2/2014 11:37 PM

transition_chris wrote:

The silencers are basically just a thin alluminum peg with a plastic sleeve so you could grind down to the peg, but it's ...more

Just one more question, do you know anything about the shadow sod pegs?

|

7/2/2014 11:38 PM

Stocksy wrote:

I grind every time I ride so everyday. I am usually grinding rough concrete too.

Thank for the advice man, I just might cop me a set of those butter pegs.

|

7/3/2014 7:14 AM

street for life wrote:

Thank for the advice man, I just might cop me a set of those butter pegs.

You're welcome! You won't regret it! They're really nice! Just try to rotate the sleeves before you grind through them and they'll last a really long time!

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/3/2014 2:29 PM

street for life wrote:

Just one more question, do you know anything about the shadow sod pegs?

No I don't have any real experience with those ones.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

7/3/2014 3:20 PM

transition_chris wrote:

No I don't have any real experience with those ones.

Oh damn, well thanks for all your help.

|

7/3/2014 6:51 PM

animal butchers are good. mine are almost worn down to the core but they haven't cracked yet. the sleeves lasted a good 3-4 months. i don't grind gritty, unwaxed ledges a whole lot tho

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding