Best rear hub for heavy street

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2014 11:30 AM

It's time for a new hub... Again. I Appearantly have really bad luck with rear hubs. Every single one I've gotten (wtp stock, primo remix, alienation coaster, and a fit) slips non stop on me when grinding. I have an anti roll pin in my peg so it's definately my hubs. What hubs are good for street, grinding, drops and all that. Freecoaster or cassette, either is fine to name. Thanks

|

9/1/2014 11:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 9:25 PM

its not the hub, you cant tighten an axle nut correctly

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/1/2014 11:40 AM

if they keep slipping youre probably losing the washers that come on your hub

|

9/1/2014 11:43 AM

Do you even tighten your bolts dog? If not then for sure don't get a coaster you wont be able to handle the maintenance. cone nut wrenches

|

Bang Bang bmx

9/1/2014 11:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2016 11:46 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

ive never used any washers and my hubs never slip
its probably that hes not tightening his wheels all the way

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/1/2014 11:45 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

I stomp on that bitch to tighten. All my hubs are just fucked

|

9/1/2014 11:48 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Lol I'm not retarted

|

9/1/2014 11:52 AM

saltyjax139 wrote:

Lol I'm not retarted

Well considering that you can't tighten a wheel, I would venture to say that your statement is false, plus you've made a thread asking the same thing before and got dumped on.

|

9/1/2014 11:53 AM

saltyjax139 wrote:

Lol I'm not retarted

retarted

|

9/1/2014 11:54 AM

An anti roll pin doesnt solve the problem, infact im pretty sure we went over this once and youre better off with a spacer inside your peg if you do have an antiroll pin. Anyway, bsd pro hub is probably one of the strongest hubs out there (on paper, its too new to have reviews) and the ratchet is obviously strong as shit but the engagement is not too good due to the not so great driver

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

9/1/2014 11:55 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

saltyjax139 wrote:

Lol I'm not retarted

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Well considering that you can't tighten a wheel, I would venture to say that your statement is false, plus you've made a ...more

You obviously don't understand the fucking situation. I'm probably fucking more educated on bikes than you are, and your probably a shit rider

|

9/1/2014 11:57 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

An anti roll pin doesnt solve the problem, infact im pretty sure we went over this once and youre better off with a spacer ...more

Thank you. I made this threa cuz literally nothing worked to fix it. Literally 1 grind and it slips

|

9/1/2014 12:00 PM

It's not the driver that's to blame it's the ratchet ring, it has quite wide spacing due to the space needed for RHD/LHD compatibility.

|

9/1/2014 12:04 PM

saltyjax139 wrote:

You obviously don't understand the fucking situation. I'm probably fucking more educated on bikes than you are, and your ...more

Photo

|

9/1/2014 12:11 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Well considering that you can't tighten a wheel, I would venture to say that your statement is false, plus you've made a ...more

saltyjax139 wrote:

You obviously don't understand the fucking situation. I'm probably fucking more educated on bikes than you are, and your ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote: Photo

You got me there

|

9/1/2014 12:11 PM

saltyjax139 wrote:

obviously not, considering you can't tighten a wheel

|

9/1/2014 12:13 PM

saltyjax139 wrote:

You got me there

Photo

|

9/1/2014 12:17 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

saltyjax139 wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

obviously not, considering you can't tighten a wheel

Dude it literally slips no matter what lol

|

9/1/2014 12:26 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

This. I've had joytechs, a mix, and 2 alienation coasters. All of which you mentioned with no issues. You're either not tightening enough or overtightening and strippind something

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/1/2014 12:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2014 12:27 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

This. I've had joytechs, a mix, and 2 alienation coasters. All of which you mentioned with no issues. You're either not ...more

ive had 2 times where my wheel slipped, and it was when i first got my bike and i didnt know how hard to tighten
its user error

|

9/1/2014 12:57 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

This. I've had joytechs, a mix, and 2 alienation coasters. All of which you mentioned with no issues. You're either not ...more

Well I also bought my coaster, and fit used. I tighten my bolts hella tight and it slips. All my friends don't know what's up with it either

|

9/1/2014 1:37 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

saltyjax139 wrote:

Well I also bought my coaster, and fit used. I tighten my bolts hella tight and it slips. All my friends don't know what's up ...more

most of the stuff on my bike was bought used and ive never had problems, including both of my freecoasters
you just suck at tightening wheels

|

9/1/2014 2:14 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

saltyjax139 wrote:

Well I also bought my coaster, and fit used. I tighten my bolts hella tight and it slips. All my friends don't know what's up ...more

A stripped axle is obvious. So let's rule that out. Check if the nuts are stripped, then if you have enough space on your axle to run pegs(this applies only if your axle is cut down. Are you running plastic pegs or sleeves? 1 or 2 pegs on the rear wheel?

|

9/1/2014 2:14 PM

tomdon wrote:

saltyjax139 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

A stripped axle is obvious. So let's rule that out. Check if the nuts are stripped, then if you have enough space on your axle ...more

even plastic pegs shouldnt slip if you tighten them

|

9/1/2014 2:35 PM

saltyjax139 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

A stripped axle is obvious. So let's rule that out. Check if the nuts are stripped, then if you have enough space on your axle ...more

bmxsteve99 wrote:

even plastic pegs shouldnt slip if you tighten them

if they have some sort of metal contact. Ever rode a shadow little one with a slicker sleeve? them fuckers move bad. Not like pedaling down the street but on an icepick or fast feeble or a case, they shift really bad

|

9/1/2014 2:53 PM

my butters and butchers have metal to metal afaik

|

9/1/2014 3:04 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

my butters and butchers have metal to metal afaik

they sure do

|

9/1/2014 3:36 PM

do your dropouts have paint/rust on them?

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

9/1/2014 3:41 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

An anti roll pin doesnt solve the problem, infact im pretty sure we went over this once and youre better off with a spacer ...more

Invalid post

How does it make it the strongest hub if it has only been out for a bit ? Just cause it has a true female axle doesn't automatically the "strongest hub "
And do you even ride any of the hubs you just talked about ?
Do you even own a bsd hub or ratchet ?

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

9/1/2014 3:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 9:26 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

getskyhigh wrote:

Invalid post

How does it make it the strongest hub if it has only been out for a bit ? Just cause it has a true female axle ...more

he said on PAPER, that means theoretically speaking based on specs, not speaking from experience
also the ratchet has been time tested to prove its strength
actually read posts before you start talking

|