Best rear hub guard???

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2016 10:30 AM

My friend just started grinding and he wants to get a rear hub guard. The only one I've been able to find good reviews on is the FBM hub guard. Anyone have reccomendations? (Keep in mind, this is the non drive side.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

8/9/2016 11:01 AM

Got the BSD hub guard and its going strong, it uses an solid aluminum core with a plastic sleeve. I also use a Tree DSG guard on the other side.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

8/9/2016 1:18 PM

get a chromoly one. I've had the S&M one for 4 years now and it has plenty of life left, and grinding is one of my main tricks.

|

8/9/2016 1:23 PM

Chromoly is good.

I've had 2 BSD ones over the years-alloy base plastic cover and they were good for me but I don't grind a ton.

I've had FBM before, and it stuck on steel edges of ledges after it was worn in. A few buddies who did nothing but grind broke the center out, making them useless.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/9/2016 2:31 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

get a chromoly one. I've had the S&M one for 4 years now and it has plenty of life left, and grinding is one of my main ...more

Agreed. The S&M Cymbal is, to me, the greatest metal non-drive guard out there. Just be sure it can fit your buddy's hub.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/9/2016 3:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2016 3:52 PM

Any hubguard is fine . Unless your snapping them ( seen it happen once and the guy who did is a monster on a bike ) you don't need to blow a bunch of money on a hubguard

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/9/2016 6:47 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

get a chromoly one. I've had the S&M one for 4 years now and it has plenty of life left, and grinding is one of my main ...more

readybmxer wrote:

Agreed. The S&M Cymbal is, to me, the greatest metal non-drive guard out there. Just be sure it can fit your buddy's hub.

It's just a stock hub, on a 2016 Fit Aitken 1.

|

-Indiana Tom

8/10/2016 10:30 AM

There aren't many good pictures of the rear wheel setup, but it LOOKS like it can fit. Not certain, though.

But what Brayden says is true, there are still good hub guards for less money than the S&M one. Just stay away from really thin plastic guards.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/10/2016 10:40 AM

S&M Cymbal will fit on virtually any hub. It will definitely fit on the Fit Aitken 1.

FBM's chromoly hub guard is also very good, it won't have the nice shape of the Cymbal though. I ride 4 Cymbals, they weren't cheap but they are the best.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

8/10/2016 11:24 AM

Fwiw I used the (alu) fbm guard for at least 3-4 years without issue on many different wheel sets. I actually prefer the fbm guard over the sandm only because in back peg tricks I like the feeling of having my guard grind on the ledge and the bell shape of the sandm makes feebles/ices feel less predictable because it doesn't touch the ledge at all

|

8/10/2016 6:25 PM

I highly recommend the gsport uniguard hubguard because it's super easy to install and it works great

|

8/10/2016 11:42 PM

MY S&M cybmal is 2 years old and has seen 4 different hubs and still eatsany ledge or rail with absolute ease. It's expensive but youre getting the best hub guard on the market

|

8/11/2016 9:40 AM

Probably your dad wrote:

I highly recommend the gsport uniguard hubguard because it's super easy to install and it works great

I'm actually getting this for my drive side, but my friend is looking for a solid one for his non drive side. Also, if it's a solid one, he can rotate it as he wears it out, and you can't do that with the g-sport uniguard.

|

-Indiana Tom