Best rim in the game?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2020 1:22 PM

So lets talk about rims.
Share your opinion for best rim to be lacing a wheel to in your opinion

And what do you think specifically about the oddysey 7ka rim ?

|

7/2/2020 1:32 PM

Nakamura, hands down.

|

7/2/2020 1:34 PM

Cons: Heavy, ridiculously hard to put tired on and just as hard to get them off, regular lace pattern

Pros its one of the strongest rims in the game

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

7/2/2020 1:47 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Cons: Heavy, ridiculously hard to put tired on and just as hard to get them off, regular lace pattern

Pros its one of the strongest rims in the game

Is it better than his freind the hazardlite?
And what do you mean regular lace?

Pros what brand?

|

7/2/2020 2:25 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Nakamura, hands down.

Underrated comment

|

7/2/2020 4:22 PM

The 7K is light as shit...I've no issues with mine.

|





7/2/2020 4:27 PM

Rhyno Lite XL

|

7/2/2020 10:07 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Nakamura, hands down.

My favorite model, hands down.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/2/2020 10:08 PM

I've been really enjoying my Gsport Ribcage in the rear, thing's a tank. A stark strength contrast to the slightly brittle Alienation Skylark that I now have up front lol.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/2/2020 10:12 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Cons: Heavy, ridiculously hard to put tired on and just as hard to get them off, regular lace pattern

Pros its one of the strongest rims in the game

Shaked wrote:

Is it better than his freind the hazardlite?
And what do you mean regular lace?

Pros what brand?

I would have to say yes
Regular lace is when the nipple holes are lined up to
Be laced on the same side as the hub shell

I prefer cross lacing style rims because it’s supposed to make a stronger wheel, g sport is my go to rim brand

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

7/3/2020 12:45 AM

Gsport Birdcage and Ribcage

|

7/3/2020 3:29 PM

Eclat E440 in my opinion

|

U WOT M9

7/3/2020 3:38 PM

Fatalize wrote:

Gsport Birdcage and Ribcage

I’m actually checking out the Birdcage now...Weight on most parts is not something I shy away from, but if I can have lighter wheels, it somehow just feels better in the air. I have had Hazardlites in the past and they were ok, but am now using Merritt Battle rims which I’m not crazy about. My question is: how was your experience with the Birdcage? Is it sturdy? I’m 6’ 190lbs and most of my tricks involve spins/flatland stuff/hopping onto and off of stuff. I really don’t grind anymore and ride pegless now...am I going to crush these rins or am I being paranoid?

|

7/3/2020 5:10 PM

My votes on gsport also, I have rollcages. Went to the bike shop to buy a ribcage and a birdcage but they didn’t have them in chrome. The rollcages are sick they’re cross lace, plenty of drops and hacked spins and no issues lol

|

7/4/2020 9:15 AM

Fatalize wrote:

Gsport Birdcage and Ribcage

vagabond wrote:

I’m actually checking out the Birdcage now...Weight on most parts is not something I shy away from, but if I can have lighter wheels, it somehow just feels better in the air. I have had Hazardlites in the past and they were ok, but am now using Merritt Battle rims which I’m not crazy about. My question is: how was your experience with the Birdcage? Is it sturdy? I’m 6’ 190lbs and most of my tricks involve spins/flatland stuff/hopping onto and off of stuff. I really don’t grind anymore and ride pegless now...am I going to crush these rins or am I being paranoid?

Birdcage is a front/smooth riding rim. Ribcage is what you want if you need strength.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

7/4/2020 5:26 PM

Fatalize wrote:

Gsport Birdcage and Ribcage

vagabond wrote:

I’m actually checking out the Birdcage now...Weight on most parts is not something I shy away from, but if I can have lighter wheels, it somehow just feels better in the air. I have had Hazardlites in the past and they were ok, but am now using Merritt Battle rims which I’m not crazy about. My question is: how was your experience with the Birdcage? Is it sturdy? I’m 6’ 190lbs and most of my tricks involve spins/flatland stuff/hopping onto and off of stuff. I really don’t grind anymore and ride pegless now...am I going to crush these rins or am I being paranoid?

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Birdcage is a front/smooth riding rim. Ribcage is what you want if you need strength.

That’s what I figured. Thx for the help

|

7/4/2020 5:54 PM

|

7/5/2020 3:15 AM

Cellmember wrote:

Rhyno Lite XL

Not the strongest rim but will always be the best wink what a classic!

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.

7/5/2020 4:30 AM

Cellmember wrote:

Rhyno Lite XL

Mad Mars wrote:

Not the strongest rim but will always be the best wink what a classic!

I used to know a guy that was around 230lbs rode the shit out of some rhyno lite xl rims on street, park, and dirt for years no problems

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

7/5/2020 10:43 AM

Has anyone tried the Stolen Low Pro rim? I need to build a new wheel and spotted this one. It sounds too good to be true.. a street specific rim that's only 15.5oz??

|

7/5/2020 11:27 AM

Sean_Goff wrote:

Has anyone tried the Stolen Low Pro rim? I need to build a new wheel and spotted this one. It sounds too good to be true.. a street specific rim that's only 15.5oz??

Very interesting

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

7/5/2020 2:47 PM

I just got BSD NASA rims, any feedback on those?

|

7/5/2020 7:15 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

Has anyone tried the Stolen Low Pro rim? I need to build a new wheel and spotted this one. It sounds too good to be true.. a street specific rim that's only 15.5oz??

Looks decent, if you don’t currently run, or plan to run brakes.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

7/6/2020 4:57 AM

My Demolition Zeros are awesome.

Underrated in my book.

I'm on a secondhand set. No issues aside from impact scratches from grinds. Had a set of red ones before the current set, awesome.

I know a guy running the Black Chrome set from about 13 years ago, still MINT.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/6/2020 6:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2020 6:33 AM

best I've used is the GSport Ribcage.

Best for the money I've used is Definitely the Sun Big Baller.

Alienation makes a few good for the money rims. I liked the felon. I'm running the Vandal right now and feel its has dented way too easy compared to my other wheels. 4 months on Vandal i have more rim dent damage than 2 years on Ribcage.

the 7KA is very similar rim construction to the RibCage, i think the spoke hole placement is the only difference. i'd bet its great.

|