Best sprocket and how can I improve on my 180s?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2013 6:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2013 6:11 PM

Strongest/Toughest sprocket on the market?
Thickest sprocket on the market?
Best guard sprocket on the market?

I ask this because I bent my Odyssey Million Dollar Sprocket (MDS), my budget is under 60$. I was looking at the Cult OS, BSD super light 3d, Tree and maybe another mds. I'm going to be running it on the left side and I grind on right. I know their can't really be a best one but awnser them in your opinion....

How could I improve on my 180s? Other then making them higher... This is a fairly old video I had on my iPad so ya.. Also for you people who saw the sick dude 180 video the original one, are my 180/s better then his?

|

Bang Bang bmx

9/27/2013 6:14 PM

Subrosa Bandit is holding up good, but I'm getting a Key-Guard in the future. Try leaning forward a little, and carve a little before you spin if you don't have the rotation down yet.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/27/2013 6:15 PM

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

9/27/2013 6:16 PM

Buy a kink sprocket? I still have my sprocket that came with my stock bike which was a kink and I bought another kink sprocket to switch it out and it's still riding strong.

To be frankly honest with you and everybody else.... I despise 180's.... I learned them and know how to do a 180 but I don't have them dialed in I just don't like 180's as a trick. Fun fact: I learned wallrides before I learned 180's so to all those guys saying you have to learn your "basics" first I call bull. The only "basic" you need to learn is bunny hop from then on you take it wherever you want.... doing tricks within your abilities of course.

|

9/27/2013 6:18 PM

Tree sprockets are definitely the best. I know a few people who have had theirs for years, including one friend who has one of the original OGs that has been passed around and rode by different people for I think around 10 years? Still straight as a whistle, teeth look brand new. Can also buy a guard for it. Definitely an amazing sprocket.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/27/2013 6:49 PM

odyssey million dollar sprocket

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/27/2013 8:31 PM

Whatd you do to bend an MDS? Let Bill Gates punch it?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/27/2013 8:40 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

you sir just won 5 funny points!

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

9/27/2013 8:55 PM

I run a Merritt Mighty sprocket and it's nice. I bent my stock Amber sprocket and bought this one. I've seen people do sprocket stalls and then ride away so it must be strong. I'm not sure what the exact measurements are but it is really thick, but still light at the same time.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/27/2013 9:06 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

how did you bend it? Tree Sprockets are the best imo. i have two ones a year old the other is 6years old!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/27/2013 11:24 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

how did you bend it? Tree Sprockets are the best imo. i have two ones a year old the other is 6years old!

Actually i do not know I was tightening my chain one day and I noticed a tight spot and I was like wtf then I checked and it was bent... It's only 5 mm thick in the middle tho...

|

Bang Bang bmx

9/27/2013 11:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2013 11:31 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

Edit: the post posted twice...

|

Bang Bang bmx

9/27/2013 11:31 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

Actually i do not know I was tightening my chain one day and I noticed a tight spot and I was like wtf then I checked and it was bent... It's only 5 mm thick in the middle tho...

|

Bang Bang bmx

9/28/2013 7:44 AM

Any Tree, Odyssey or demolition sprocket
for your 180s go faster, tuck a little more and lean forward

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype