Best stem top load ?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/8/2015 6:36 AM

Hey !

first of all, excuse me for my english because i'm from France.

So, i broke my front load stem yesterday because i have too tighten the bolts after replaced my handlebar.

Now, it's an opporunity to pass with top load stem but i'm a begginner and i don't know what i must choose.

Can you help me ?

thx smile

|

11/8/2015 6:48 AM

First of all if you didn't know what the purpose of a topload stem is, It is designed to heighten the bars about a inch or so higher than a frontload stem. I run a Sunday Freeze TL and I like it over all but I might switch to a FL because I already have 8 Inch bars..

|

11/8/2015 8:05 AM

Hello frenchman.
The point of a topload stem is to get your bar higher.
On a stem, you got two settings, the offset (48, 50, 52mm...) the shorter, means a quick handling and the big means a more stable feeling.
and the rise, measured from the stem base to the center of the bar (see here) generally ~ 8mm for a frontload and up to 33mm for the highest rise toploads.

Bonjour.
Le but d'une potence top load est de réhausser le guidon.
Sur une potence, il y a deux valeurs à prendre en compte, le déport (48, 50, 52mm...) une 48mm va apporter une direction réactive tandis qu'une plus grande va rendre la direction plus stable.
Et le rise, le déport en hauteur, mesuré de la base de la potence jusqu'au centre du guidon (voir ici) en moyenne 8mm pour une frontload, 23mm pour une topload "plate" et jusqu'à 33 mm pour les potences topload "à deux étages"

|

11/8/2015 8:07 AM

Fit Brian foster stem

|

11/8/2015 8:55 AM

thx for your repsonses !

I looked a few stem and i have considered your advices.

I 'm hesitating between Demolition Brace stem (offset : 50mm, rise : 35mm) and Fit high top stem (Offset : 49 or 52mm, rise : 36mm)

but i think i'll buy the fit high top stem with 52 offset.

It's a good choice ?

Thx ! smile

Merci pour vos réponses!

J'ai regardé plusieurs potences en prenant en compte vos conseils et j'hésite entre la potence Demolition Brace et la potence FIT high top

Mais je pense que je vais prendre la potence FIT high top avec en offset 52mm

C'estun bon choix ?

Merci ! smile

|

11/8/2015 1:51 PM

I've owned 3 fit stems over the years. Currently running the high top on one of my bikes. I think it's a good choice.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

11/8/2015 4:59 PM

Profile push stem looks clean I run it it's the only stem that made me switch from S&M stems which I thought I'd never do

|

11/9/2015 6:30 AM

They're much the same thing really. Slight difference in rise on some of them. If you're on a budget just get the Sunday freeze. It has a bit more rise than some stems. If you're not on a budget just get what you like the look of.
If you broke your stem, you over tightened the bolts. They don't need to be as tight as everyone thinks

|

11/9/2015 6:49 AM

Profile Push

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

11/9/2015 11:21 PM

check out the Colony Square Back top load stem. its amazing. i run it with 9 inch FU bars and i LOVE the height, feels great.

|

11/10/2015 9:14 AM

Seriously no one can say the Odyssey Sexton stem? haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/10/2015 10:27 AM

msns777 wrote:

First of all if you didn't know what the purpose of a topload stem is, It is designed to heighten the bars about a inch or so ...more

I don't know where you get an inch higher?

My front load is the same as my top load height wise.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura