Best style?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2019 2:07 AM

So I'm pretty new to BMX and am looking for people to watch, I definitely appreciate style and trick selection over big drops, etc. Also, who's the Cardiel of bmx?

|

5/4/2019 3:46 AM

Mike aitken. Literally the most stylish rider ever. No one will ever come close

|

5/4/2019 9:02 AM

Thanks for the recommendation, this part is sick

|

5/4/2019 12:11 PM

.pegless. wrote:

I've heard there's this "grumpysteve" dude out there, he has some hella rad moves

|

5/4/2019 12:19 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Rabbe wrote:

I've heard there's this "grumpysteve" dude out there, he has some hella rad moves

I heard he’s just a weird old guy that rides kerbs

|

5/4/2019 12:39 PM

Hoder

&t=72s Clint

Dakota Roche

just some guys whose parts I've seen who look good on a bike. Bmx style is more subtle than skateboarding style I feel. On a different note, what are some fake steeze things you see people do on their bikes? For example, in skateboarding it's kinda wack to do the stanky leg tre flips or try and keep your arms at your sides all the time.
|

5/4/2019 1:09 PM

GoToSchleep wrote:

Hoder

&t=72s Clint

Dakota Roche

just some guys whose parts I've seen who look good on a bike. Bmx style is more subtle than skateboarding style I feel. On a different note, what are some fake steeze things you see people do on their bikes? For example, in skateboarding it's kinda wack to do the stanky leg tre flips or try and keep your arms at your sides all the time.

Dak roche’s downside table hops are nasty imo. That’s fake style in my eyes. A current fake style trend is compressing loads before a hop, especially if it’s trying something that’s not even impressive. and the overly lazy landing where riders kind of slouch when they land. I think this is to do with tall bars though, as it changes your posture on the bike (and looks retarded). Loads of plastic peg riders do it. The ones that roll up the bottom of their chinos and wear those stupid rolled up beanies.

Clint Reynolds style is nice. He’s cock footed so everything looks a bit different. And his riding is humble.

Chase dehart has a nice style. And as he said in a recent interview “I want to see what you’ve got, not what you can do”.

Anyone that just seems natural, and comfortable on a bike has nice style imo. Tricks don’t matter to me at all

|

5/4/2019 1:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2019 1:31 PM

GoToSchleep wrote:

Hoder

&t=72s Clint

Dakota Roche

.pegless. wrote:

Dak roche’s downside table hops are nasty imo. That’s fake style in my eyes. A current fake style trend is compressing loads before a hop, especially if it’s trying something that’s not even impressive. and the overly lazy landing where riders kind of slouch when they land. I think this is to do with tall bars though, as it changes your posture on the bike (and looks retarded). Loads of plastic peg riders do it. The ones that roll up the bottom of their chinos and wear those stupid rolled up beanies.

Clint Reynolds style is nice. He’s cock footed so everything looks a bit different. And his riding is humble.

Chase dehart has a nice style. And as he said in a recent interview “I want to see what you’ve got, not what you can do”.

Anyone that just seems natural, and comfortable on a bike has nice style imo. Tricks don’t matter to me at all

I've definitely noticed the slouch out of fakie thing. I also tend to like street bikers who go fast and don't try to jam 6 different ledge tricks into one grind. Is Cult the Zero of bmx? like a team of huckers who aren't really too respected by "core" dudes

also your description of Clint Reynolds riding as humble is super accurate. I would kill to be able to do 1 footed table tops like him soaring through the trees.

|

5/4/2019 5:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2019 5:39 PM

vic mothafuckin murphy. here peep this oldie jam from 1992, mad style and lost tricks no one does anymore

?start=270
|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

5/4/2019 6:13 PM

Kriss Kyle - One of the most original with weird and cool tricks and creative with lines.

Erik Elstran - If a comedian could put jokes in the form of BMX riding, Erik is your guy.

Can't think of more off the top of my head, but these two are certainly not conventional riders and they're fun to watch.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

5/4/2019 6:19 PM

This is Kriss' part from the BSD Transmission DVD with the rest of the BSD team:

Here's Erik's part from Sunday Bikes' "Grow Up" videos:

Also just came to mind, a lot of people say park riders lack style, but I disagree. This is Mike Varga's edit from a few years back, he's killing it even more today as well.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

5/4/2019 6:19 PM

.pegless. wrote:

streethack seems to disagree with your opinion

Chase Dehart is really stylish with a lot of things he does. I remember reading or hearing something years ago he'll redo a trick or line several times until he's happy with it, and it shows because almost everything he does in his video parts is really clean. best looking tailwhips too in my opinion at least. and the reason I love manual 180s.

|

5/4/2019 11:22 PM

My favorite off the top of my head in no order:

Mark Burnett- accurate, perfectionist, butter
Jay Dalton - smooth, flowy, big air
Jake Seeley - tech, condensed lines, jibby
Stevie Churchill - aggressive, powerful, lands flat alot
Chad Kerley- Manuals, Missing tooth, Manuals

|

5/4/2019 11:48 PM

GoToSchleep wrote:

Hoder

&t=72s Clint

Dakota Roche

.pegless. wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Chase Dehart is really stylish with a lot of things he does. I remember reading or hearing something years ago he'll redo a trick or line several times until he's happy with it, and it shows because almost everything he does in his video parts is really clean. best looking tailwhips too in my opinion at least. and the reason I love manual 180s.

Streethack probably rolls up his chinos

|

5/5/2019 1:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2019 1:00 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Kriss Kyle - One of the most original with weird and cool tricks and creative with lines.

Erik Elstran - If a comedian could put jokes in the form of BMX riding, Erik is your guy.

Can't think of more off the top of my head, but these two are certainly not conventional riders and they're fun to watch.

Erik is amazing. Does super original tech stuff, but can also blast huge gaps/rails/trails. I think may be my favourite rider.

|

5/5/2019 2:32 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Nah you just trippin with your Dak comment, but you are entitled to your incorrect opinions lol

|

5/5/2019 2:36 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

streethack wrote:

Nah you just trippin with your Dak comment, but you are entitled to your incorrect opinions lol

It looks forced and unnatural imo

|

5/5/2019 6:09 AM

I like Dakota Roche’s riding, however I wouldn’t say it was stylish as such, it’s more forceful/powerful. Everything is done with purpose. Sean Ricany, for a street rider is up there for me. But, as above, Mike Aitken is the one, and always will be! Sergio Layos ain’t bad either!

|

5/5/2019 6:16 AM

Im old AF but heres few fellas you should think about.. for sure

* yea Mike Aitken electronical and 100s of other videos. He might be the most stylish rider ever?

Punjab.. owner of Vinyl Bmx and use to ride for standard.

WHO FORGOT CHASE HAWK?
&t=301s
watch any chase video..hes the best of Taj,Joe Rich and Mike Aitken.

Corey Martinez

Taj
old but it gives you an idea.

for the street lovin.

Seth Kimbrough

|

5/5/2019 9:39 AM

meatXloaf wrote:

I like Dakota Roche’s riding, however I wouldn’t say it was stylish as such, it’s more forceful/powerful. Everything is done with purpose. Sean Ricany, for a street rider is up there for me. But, as above, Mike Aitken is the one, and always will be! Sergio Layos ain’t bad either!

sean ricany is a park kid who also happens to ride street.

|

5/5/2019 10:11 AM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

sean ricany is a park kid who also happens to ride street.

Whatever he is, it looks good.

|

5/5/2019 6:58 PM

There are so many riders killing it with style these days I don't even want to start trying to list them. Seems that some here are just stuck on riders that best represent the most nostalgic era for them personally.

|

5/5/2019 8:07 PM

streethack wrote:

There are so many riders killing it with style these days I don't even want to start trying to list them. Seems that some here are just stuck on riders that best represent the most nostalgic era for them personally.

I agree....it is like when people ask me what is your favorite Rush album?

I like ll of them for various reasons...

I tend to identify with park guys more b/c that is whatI ride mostly, but I don't think it is better, or mutually exclusive from street, or even trails....tho I do think trails and street are opposite ends of the spectrum, with park sort of tying in elements of both. Sort of like trail + street + park

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

5/5/2019 8:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2019 8:49 PM

Chase Deharts ILTYT part is my current favorite....all the ALYK crew also and Dak Roche. Tommy Crails another rider that just looks amazing when riding.

|

5/5/2019 10:09 PM

Geoff Slattery, Dan Foley, Garrett Byrnes, Ruben, Benn Pigot, Joe Rich, Russell Brindley, Corey Walsh, Cody Pollard, Garrett Hoogerhyde, Edwin, Steven Hamilton (pre 2008) are some good references that haven't been mentioned yet. I'm predominately a transition rider so this list is mostly focused that way.

|

5/5/2019 10:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2019 10:46 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

vic mothafuckin murphy. here peep this oldie jam from 1992, mad style and lost tricks no one does anymore

?start=270

man, everything about that video is perfect...

throwing heavy bikes around..hell, a set of those Tuff 2 mags probably weighs as much as a whole bike now....high, bent back seatposts ....hardcore/punk music...organic filming and sketch riding places...

awesome culture to be a part of

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

5/6/2019 1:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2019 1:41 AM

Check out...

Ratkid for street
Chase hawk for park
Tom "Robbo" Robinson for trails

there are many others also

|

Ride everything

5/6/2019 5:59 AM

Anthony Panza imo
I really like his manual/ledge lines and his tailwhips.

|

5/6/2019 6:00 AM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

?start=270

Yesssssssss!!!! Great post.

|

5/6/2019 5:17 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

man, everything about that video is perfect...

throwing heavy bikes around..hell, a set of those Tuff 2 mags probably weighs as much as a whole bike now....high, bent back seatposts ....hardcore/punk music...organic filming and sketch riding places...

awesome culture to be a part of

what i grew up on that hardcore/punk era of bmx, this was my 1st bmx tape i had. went back and watched it for old gems like eddie romans feeble pedal grind can can, did one other day, but then he also does like a 1 handed knack knack fast plant on a door knob looks mad steez

|