Best tires for rain...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2017 10:06 PM

Yeah, that's what I wanna know. I am kinda leanin' on some Holy Rollers like I used to have on my Ambush 24" and Backtrail 24"...although Odyssey has those Grifters that seem alright....thoughts?

|

10/23/2017 11:51 PM

Holy rollers will kill you in the rain... Not a great tire for anything but dirt.

|

10/24/2017 12:02 AM

My bsd donnasqueak actually does well in the rain

|

Ride till you die

10/24/2017 4:51 AM

bizarrodeathpoop wrote:

Yeah, that's what I wanna know. I am kinda leanin' on some Holy Rollers like I used to have on my Ambush 24" and Backtrail ...more

The Grifters are made by Maxxis and they may as well be slick, they grip so well on concrete in the dry
But I wouldn't trust them in the wet

|

Hmmm

10/24/2017 2:19 PM

My fit FAFs are decent in the wet and dry.

|

10/24/2017 2:40 PM

Don't ride in the rain.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/24/2017 2:49 PM

Probs a softer rubber type of tire with a tread pattern not too grouped. I mean i avoid riding in the rain unless i get caught in it while riding, but if you really need to do tricks in the rain or after it rains you can always let some air out of the tires for more ground coverage. I'd say stay away from slicks if you ride a lot on wet surfaces, and any wood at a skatepark for that matter.. once skate park ramps get wet it is like ice. It's always a good idea to keep ur bike out of rain or snow, unless you dry the whole bike off after it is wet good luck keeping the bike fresh from rust.

|

10/24/2017 3:02 PM

Tioga Comp 3's...old school dirt tires. Sort of knobby...they would come standard on many bmx's in the 80's. Are you riding in the dirt in the rain? Or street?

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/24/2017 5:12 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Don't ride in the rain.

Not exactly an option for people in rainy areas....

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

10/24/2017 5:29 PM

Grifters are the grippiest tires ever buut not 100 if it's the same in wet

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

10/24/2017 7:11 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Tioga Comp 3's...old school dirt tires. Sort of knobby...they would come standard on many bmx's in the 80's. Are you riding in ...more

Tiogas are actually not bad in the wet. Better in snow...

|

10/25/2017 12:54 AM

Haha alright, folks...

This bike is my "daily driver"-I perform no trickery. I was looking for a cruiser anyways to soup up but this one for 65 clams? I had to have it. So, the tires actually happen to BE Comp 3's, except since standing up and pedaling on a pile of leaves is sketchy at best(my rear end wants to kick out from under me), I REALLY avoid hard turns in the wet for that idea sounds absolutely terrifying lmao. Now....on my last two previous cruisers(the '04 Ambush and the unknown year of Backtrail), I ran Holy Rollers........although I am thinking I was actually running Dirt Monsters on the 'Bush....but anyways, either one didn't seem to have an issue in the wet. I have been very pleasantly satisfied with the performance on the street between the DMs and the HRs....

.....but ultimately, again, the question remains-any good recommendations for 24" rubbers that fare ok in the wet?

|

10/25/2017 1:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2017 1:29 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Tioga Comp 3's...old school dirt tires. Sort of knobby...they would come standard on many bmx's in the 80's. Are you riding in ...more

White comp 3s are actually great on wet roads, and in snow too. I have an old haro back trail, that I ride when it's wet or snowing. No car at the moment

|

10/25/2017 2:09 AM

Fit FAFs

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

10/25/2017 9:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2017 9:52 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

Tiogas are actually not bad in the wet. Better in snow...

yep...used to ride on snow on my BMX a lot...now I have a 29+ MTB that is used for that. I still ride the BMX to the park in the snow, and will ride the park if it isn't too slick. We don't have a lot of snow around here anymore though, which is sad. Gonna put Comp 3's on my old Mongoose next year when I get my Luxe. That way, the old 'Goose has it's original shoes on

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/25/2017 9:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2017 10:00 AM

Photo

Pretty much everyone in here has suggested good tires and you can't really go wrong choosing from any of these.
|

10/25/2017 1:39 PM

Would Subrosa grave digger tires work well or would I need knobbier tires?

|