Bestwick on DK good or bad move?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/6/2009 8:14 PM

its being reported on ridebmx.com and thecomeupbmx.net that jamie bestwick now has a frame sponsor and its DK bikes?

Personally i think it a desperate accept to save a epic failure of a BMX company. i dont think that the great bestwick and all the dew tour and xgame vert wins can save em.

what you think?

|

7/6/2009 8:17 PM

good choice. Dk makes solid frames. DK r/t is tight
DK kachinsky is awesome and there completes arent to bad

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

7/6/2009 8:18 PM

dk is legit. i just got myself dk pegs earlier. my man bhunt rides for them. and so does watkinson and that child prodegy mad dog.

|

Vital's Official New Mod!

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

7/6/2009 8:22 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

the way i see it its a one tick pony show over there at dk right now, they arent the team they were in the 90's that were the best team overall in the sport of BMX. doyle, winkleman, chalk, ramsdell,. thats a team not just having kachinshy, who is a beast in his own right but its the only one holding it down

|

7/6/2009 8:26 PM

Desperate move.I used to live in Swananoa.

|

RIDE THE BIKE FOOL!!!!!!!!

7/6/2009 8:28 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

cbraund wrote:

the way i see it its a one tick pony show over there at dk right now, they arent the team they were in the 90's that were the best team overall in the sport of BMX. doyle, winkleman, chalk, ramsdell,. thats a team not just having kachinshy, who is a beast in his own right but its the only one holding it down

i forgot about BK. but brian hunt is super good. so is watinson and bestwick. they have a good team goin.

|

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

7/6/2009 8:28 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

cbraund wrote:

are you kiddding my. like abod said, they have brian hunt, brett baneskatizixi?, kachinsky, anthony watkinson, catfish, drew bezanson, they even have a pro girl, nina buitrago and on the race team they have a bunch of sick riders plus aaron johnson

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)

7/6/2009 8:32 PM

Sales are down.They hope a bunch of moms ,and dads will hear their kids say they want one .

|

RIDE THE BIKE FOOL!!!!!!!!

7/6/2009 8:33 PM

drew bezanson. forgot about him. THE FUCKING MAN. last year at woodward i saw him do 360 bar to bar to bar on the resi no lie. first and only person ive ever seen do that.

|

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

7/6/2009 8:33 PM

He hasnt had a bike sponsor since GT,and that was three or four years ago.He'sbeen riding a DK for quite a while now,so hey why not?

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/6/2009 8:38 PM

bloghogs wrote:

He hasnt had a bike sponsor since GT,and that was three or four years ago.He'sbeen riding a DK for quite a while now,so hey why not?

nah he was on failure. or at least riding one.

|

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

7/6/2009 8:45 PM

abod wrote:

drew bezanson. forgot about him. THE FUCKING MAN. last year at woodward i saw him do 360 bar to bar to bar on the resi no lie. first and only person ive ever seen do that.

thats insane. i wish i saw it. drew is crazy good

|

7/6/2009 8:49 PM

abod wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

thats insane. i wish i saw it. drew is crazy good

yeah it was like a year ago, next week. cause i went to woodward week 6 last year and thats when i saw it. and week 6 is next week =]]]]

|

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

7/6/2009 8:50 PM

bloghogs wrote:

abod wrote:

nah he was on failure. or at least riding one.

He rode one but wasnt sponsored by them http://albes.blogs.com/albes_bmx_mail_order/2007/11/cody-bowers-jam.html He's been riding a DK for at least three or four months.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/6/2009 9:03 PM

I think that DK (much like Haro after losing Mirra) is trying to get themselves out of a low sales funk. They have a solid team built up, and make some pretty good stuff. Them having a relatively household name in BMX will help them, but in no way are they out the door. It seems that everyone wants parts from like the same 4 companies, (trends, popularity, weight etc) and DK is not on the front of that stuff. They just make good quality solid parts.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/6/2009 9:07 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I think that DK (much like Haro after losing Mirra) is trying to get themselves out of a low sales funk. They have a solid team built up, and make some pretty good stuff. Them having a relatively household name in BMX will help them, but in no way are they out the door. It seems that everyone wants parts from like the same 4 companies, (trends, popularity, weight etc) and DK is not on the front of that stuff. They just make good quality solid parts.

mhm. i just got their pegs.

|

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

7/6/2009 9:22 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

abod wrote:

thats my point exactly, you got their pegs, are you riding any major components? frame, bars, cranks, hubs stem, sprocket? anything? if not then your pegs dont make the attempt to make DK relevant... sorry

|

7/6/2009 9:27 PM

1oldassbiker wrote:

Desperate move.I used to live in Swananoa.

swannanoa is amazing. thats all i am going to say about that...

i think its cool that bestwick is hooking up with dk, maybe bring them back a little. i'd love to be running all of those gold alpha parts theyre putting out, but i dont have the cash sad

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

7/6/2009 9:28 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

abod wrote:

cbraund wrote:

thats my point exactly, you got their pegs, are you riding any major components? frame, bars, cranks, hubs stem, sprocket? anything? if not then your pegs dont make the attempt to make DK relevant... sorry

well thats because i like other parts better. that dosent mean they arent good and people shouldnt ride them

|

FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

7/7/2009 11:11 AM

dk is legit.
i would love to be on their team.
great parts, chill dudes. and bhunt and catfish.
end of story

|

7/7/2009 11:26 AM

if bestwick is getting a paycheck it's a good move. and dk getting the vert rider that no one can hardly ever beat? i'd say that was a pretty damn good move. good thinkin catfish

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

7/7/2009 12:48 PM

i think that's great for jamie to make a move on DK , previously they had a great team such as CHRIS DOYLE, COLLIN WINKELMAN .

|

7/7/2009 3:27 PM

well it cant be that good if chris doyle only rode a frame and maybe a sprocket. seeing how thats one main reason they let him go, is he wouldnt ride their parts, and who would when you got Demolition parts that are so much better!

|

7/7/2009 3:50 PM

cbraund wrote:

well it cant be that good if chris doyle only rode a frame and maybe a sprocket. seeing how thats one main reason they let him go, is he wouldnt ride their parts, and who would when you got Demolition parts that are so much better!

just about everything on doyle's bike was dk. the reason they let him go is because he started up duo with cory muth. and maxxis was a dk co-sponsor, and since duo was going to be making tires and grips, dk thought he was just starting up a competitve company. PLUS I heard a rumor that they let him go to free up some money to sign anthony napolitan, but anthony declined so he could keep riding for hoffman

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

7/7/2009 4:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 8:33 PM

cbraund wrote:

Haha, DK parts are much better than Demolition

DK > Demolition

|

<insert signature here>

7/7/2009 4:10 PM

cbraund wrote:

iBike wrote:

Haha, DK parts are much better than Demolition

DK > Demolition

Where have you been?!!?

|

FI