Big Bitchin Bossless

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2017 9:06 AM

Anybody riding the Subrosa Big Bitchin Bossless cranks? Hoping to upgrade and am kind of a rook so wondering if they will work on my Kink Gap XL, I understand I might need to get a new sprocket.
Thanks in advance for any help

|

8/6/2017 10:29 AM

You'll need a 22mm bb, and a 22mm spline drive sprocket

|

8/6/2017 10:48 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Thanks GrumpySteve! I'm thinking those are not my best choice then. Ride mostly dirt and get tired of constantly loose mission cranks.

|

8/6/2017 11:17 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

lukass333 wrote:

Thanks GrumpySteve! I'm thinking those are not my best choice then. Ride mostly dirt and get tired of constantly loose mission ...more

Spline drive will work just fine for dirt. It's just another way to keep the sprocket on. Some say it's stronger than bolt drive but that's just word of someone else's mouth. Honestly I'd pick the option with the least amount of purchases necessary.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

8/6/2017 11:31 AM

GCBMX69 wrote:

Spline drive will work just fine for dirt. It's just another way to keep the sprocket on. Some say it's stronger than bolt ...more

Good point! Demolition Revolts look pretty bomber or Profile. I def want to upgrade to some 48 spline.

|

8/6/2017 8:08 PM

Demolition rigs are supposed to be super solid, fit indents are the stiffest cranks I ever rode if your into that. Profiles are always good too, but I think they are a little over priced for what they are. Odyssey is a good choice too, twombolts, thunderbolts, or Caliburs.

|

8/6/2017 10:09 PM

I've heard lots of good things about animal akimbos, fit indents, profiles, and demolition. My personal favorite is odysssy Thunderbolts, as they have a wedge interface instead of splines. That way, they don't develop a "wobble" commonly associated with splined cranks (the splines can wear out over time, but with proper care it is much less likely to happen).

|

8/6/2017 11:40 PM

I'd assume you've got a 19mm axle now? So I'd find some bolt drive 19mm cranks, like profiles, so you don't have to buy bb and sprocket too

|

8/7/2017 12:41 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'd assume you've got a 19mm axle now? So I'd find some bolt drive 19mm cranks, like profiles, so you don't have to buy bb and ...more

This makes the most sense unless you don't want to save money which is hard for me to fathom why. You can buy my profile spline drive for 110 only cosmetic paint damage had em 3 months

|

@coupd_tat

8/7/2017 1:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2017 1:42 AM

I have some fit indents 19mm for sale too. Basically new. $80

|

8/7/2017 9:36 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'd assume you've got a 19mm axle now? So I'd find some bolt drive 19mm cranks, like profiles, so you don't have to buy bb and ...more

coupde_tat wrote:

This makes the most sense unless you don't want to save money which is hard for me to fathom why. You can buy my profile ...more

He'd still need to buy a spline drive sprocket? So wouldn't really be saving money?

|

8/7/2017 9:42 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

He'd still need to buy a spline drive sprocket? So wouldn't really be saving money?

Awesome! Can you send me a pic/why you're getting rid of the indents? They look similar in spec to the demolition but $80 is a steal!

|

8/7/2017 11:01 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I've heard lots of good things about animal akimbos, fit indents, profiles, and demolition. My personal favorite is odysssy ...more

Tell that to mine...

I get the dreaded "crank flop" when pedaling. I just deal with it and eventually plan to replace em.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/7/2017 11:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2017 11:08 AM

coupde_tat wrote:

This makes the most sense unless you don't want to save money which is hard for me to fathom why. You can buy my profile ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

lukass333 wrote:

Awesome! Can you send me a pic/why you're getting rid of the indents? They look similar in spec to the demolition but $80 is a ...more

I just have too many extra parts laying around. Im riding a cult frame, with cult death row cranks, and don't see myself changing them anytime soon. I like things to match. The death row have a little more flex, and I actually seem to like that. They are 170mm in white. I used them for like 3 months, and they are still in like new condition. Photo

Photo

They have bosses on both sides, so they work with Lhd, or rhd.

Cranks and spindle only, unless you want the pedals and sprocket for a few extra $. Let me know what you think. I can ship any day this week.

|

8/8/2017 5:59 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

I just have too many extra parts laying around. Im riding a cult frame, with cult death row cranks, and don't see myself ...more

Those do look good, I am going to roll with the Demolitions but if you still have these in a couple months I may reach out for my 2nd bike.
Thanks GGALLiN

|

8/8/2017 2:33 PM

lukass333 wrote:

Awesome! Can you send me a pic/why you're getting rid of the indents? They look similar in spec to the demolition but $80 is a ...more

ggallin422 wrote:

I just have too many extra parts laying around. Im riding a cult frame, with cult death row cranks, and don't see myself ...more

lukass333 wrote:

Those do look good, I am going to roll with the Demolitions but if you still have these in a couple months I may reach out for ...more

No problem. I'm in no rush to sell them, so who knows, I might.

|