Bigger Bmx Size tire than regular ?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2016 6:51 PM

So If my Bmx bike's Regular Tire size is 2.35 , would I be able to switch it to a 2.5 ? Or not ?

|

6/2/2016 7:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2016 1:36 PM

Maybe , but that sounds pretty gay , myswell buy a bag of dicks to suck on if 2.35 isn't big enough for you

|

6/2/2016 7:13 PM

ur gay if u want 2.5 tires

|

6/2/2016 11:15 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Maybe , but that sounds pretty gay , myswell buy a bag of dicks to suck on if 2.35 isn't big enough for you

Actually lol'd!

|

6/3/2016 1:08 AM

DvnnyBmx wrote:

So If my Bmx bike's Regular Tire size is 2.35 , would I be able to switch it to a 2.5 ? Or not ?

Fucking Cult and their AK tires . They actually inflate to 2.6 .

Personally I think 2.4 is too much . If you ride them , this is what I imagine your bike if it were a person; Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/3/2016 7:46 AM

DvnnyBmx wrote:

Ive been running big tires for years now, since the premium refuse resists day...however, those tires explode easily. I truly like the huge front tire and how my bike feels. I also extended my bars to 31/31.5 inches wide.. perhaps its cause Im 6,4 .. The Cult AK tires arent as huge as what everyone may think, theyre a little bigger than most of what every company has in a 2.4 and some 2.35. Been riding them in the front for about 2 weeks now and really like them. Tires are thinner than what I thought but I have no worries on the sidewalls tearing through from grinding as Ive never had a problem with that issue on any tire. I rode an Animal MTT before this and they actually come out to be bigger than the AK tire. To the OP, depending on what tires you have now, tire clearance in frame and fork, youll probably be fine. I could run a AK 2,5 tire in a R25 fork at 100 psi if wanted and still have clearance, with the MTT, even at 70psi in the R25 I had rubbing issues.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

6/3/2016 10:17 AM

Should be a tire called the air bag of dicks only available in 2.5

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

6/4/2016 11:01 PM

2.5 tire at 50 psi will get the ultimate traction. You will never slip anywhere

|

6/5/2016 11:03 PM

*Insert negative comment about big tires because it's as trendy as riding them*

|

6/6/2016 3:14 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

2.5 tire at 50 psi will get the ultimate traction. You will never slip anywhere

You won't have a chance to slip because you won't be moving fast enough :p

|

6/6/2016 6:16 AM

Not saying it to be trendy, my bike came with 2.35 and they just feel slow, sluggish, and heavy. To each their own, but 2.25 is the largest I like

|

6/6/2016 7:56 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

And isn't that the point of big tires to give better traction. more cushin for the pushin. Because the tire is a massive 2.6 theres more volume for air to it so less of a chance for pinch flats wooo

|

6/6/2016 8:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2016 8:12 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

http://www.schwalbetires.com/tech_info/rolling_resistance#why

http://www.fitwellbikes.com/blog/2015/3/12/wider-is-better

Tire size is personal preference so that what im saying with a grain of salt.

|