Bigger bars and loud cassette hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2013 5:18 PM

I'm really new to BMX but i couldn't help but notice that the more legit riders i see around L.A have super loud hubs and bigger bars granted my bike is still stock because i'm not good yet but i'm wondering are these two things some sort of coincidence or preference? or why is it the better riders have these things.

-Thanks

|

I just wanna do a Double Backflip. XD

11/3/2013 5:28 PM

Quality hubs do tend to sound louder, so that would explain that one, as for the bigger bars that's just preference.

Big bars & a loud hub won't make you ride better tho, not at all.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/3/2013 6:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2013 6:33 PM

Its more preference regarding the bars and some hubs are just like that, alot of people do just get loud hubs and big bars to be trendwhores

Personally i prefer medium bars and quiet hubs but yeah its all preference

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/3/2013 6:29 PM

I ride 8 by 26 inch bars and my hub isnt loud but i dont care about hub sound.

|

11/3/2013 6:43 PM

I have a remix. I don't know how to explain it.its loud if I'm going down an alley but quiet when I'm in the open. but i ride 8.65 and 27.5 wide. its honestly preference

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/3/2013 6:58 PM

Big bars feel good ! And loud hubs let people know you're coming !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/3/2013 7:10 PM

I've made my hub as quiet at possible

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

11/3/2013 8:17 PM

i personally like quiet hubs just because if im trying something at a really nice street spot they wont hear me.

|

just huck it

11/3/2013 9:57 PM

I have big bars and a hub that's not to loud but it's not quiet.. If rather have 8.5 bars with a front load and one spacer but I have 8.7 rise bars with a top load and a inch and a half of spacers... I'm looking to get a front load and shave my fork so it's not half an inch and I don't like loud hubs I like deep hubs... Profiles are loud and high pitched like a 5 year old... I like shadow hubs not to loud and deep

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/4/2013 6:27 PM

hmmmm thanks for the input folks this shit really was bugging me for a while now i guess for the most part it's either preference or higher quality. good to know. esthetically speaking the bigger bars look cool and I'm not too tall maybe 5 11 i feel like they'll help me ride better iono just a thought.

|

I just wanna do a Double Backflip. XD