Bike

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2007 5:24 PM

Well im considering buying a new bike but im not sure what excatly to get I had my eye on a Mirra Intro Fivestar but I'd like to know some other options, I want to keep it under the 300 dollar range and I ride street any suggestions?

|

2/22/2007 5:35 PM

hey man. I am getting my first bike soon too. I am liking animal bikes and fit. Maybe dk too. Check into them

|

2/22/2007 5:41 PM

jwslover12 wrote:

hey man. I am getting my first bike soon too. I am liking animal bikes and fit. Maybe dk too. Check into them

Well I deffinitly need lightweight the problem is no store around here sells that much and I need to feel out a bike before I buy it.

BTW which bikes are you looking at in those companies and how much do they cost?

Post edited by: Brokenbones, at: 2/23/2007 1:56 AM

|

2/22/2007 6:12 PM

jwslover12 wrote:

Brokenbones wrote:

Well I deffinitly need lightweight the problem is no store around here sells that much and I need to feel out a bike before I buy it.

BTW which bikes are you looking at in those companies and how much do they cost?

fit has some nice completes for some good prices. stolen does to. just save up and get like about 5 or 6 hundred bucks and buy the stolen heater. that bike is pretty much hooked up and you really dont have to make a single upgrade to it unless you dont want to ride gyro. but that bike is worth it for the money

|

2/23/2007 2:58 AM

jwslover12 wrote:

Brokenbones wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

fit has some nice completes for some good prices. stolen does to. just save up and get like about 5 or 6 hundred bucks and buy the stolen heater. that bike is pretty much hooked up and you really dont have to make a single upgrade to it unless you dont want to ride gyro. but that bike is worth it for the money

whats gyro mean?

|

2/23/2007 11:01 AM

Brokenbones wrote:

jwslover12 wrote:

whats gyro mean?

i dont know if you want a complete bike or just a frame but i have found wethepeople to have really cheap completes. I really have liked mine so far.

Oh and a gyro is the thing below the bars that lets you spin the bars with out getting the cable tangeled up. I personnaly perfer a staight cable.smile

|

2/23/2007 2:23 PM

jwslover12 wrote:

whats gyro mean?

ridebicycles wrote:

i dont know if you want a complete bike or just a frame but i have found wethepeople to have really cheap completes. I really have liked mine so far.

Oh and a gyro is the thing below the bars that lets you spin the bars with out getting the cable tangeled up. I personnaly perfer a staight cable.smile

and if your a weight freek straight is lighter then gyro. gyro is only good if your going to be doing a lot of tailwhips or barspins. but there is no reason to do more then 1 tailwhip in a run, so straight is always good to use

|

2/24/2007 8:11 AM

jwslover12 wrote:

whats gyro mean?

ridebicycles wrote:

and if your a weight freek straight is lighter then gyro. gyro is only good if your going to be doing a lot of tailwhips or barspins. but there is no reason to do more then 1 tailwhip in a run, so straight is always good to use

Wethepeople bikes look pretty nice but theres no dealer near me and I need to ride the bike before I can buy it i've also been thinking about the straight cable that sounds like a good idea.

BTW, Hows the 4 Seasons bike it looks sick, and whats the average price for it?

Post edited by: Brokenbones, at: 2/25/2007 4:44 AM

|

2/24/2007 10:13 PM

eastern has some good completes out right now. they are pretty light too.

|

2/25/2007 6:17 AM

Austin wrote:

Yea those don't look too bad either, but does anyone know how the 4 seasons and Beyond ride? and whats the price range for those?

|

2/25/2007 8:08 AM

Austin wrote:

Brokenbones wrote:

Yea those don't look too bad either, but does anyone know how the 4 seasons and Beyond ride? and whats the price range for those?

Brokenbones wrote:

Check out Dan's Comp for prices, or pick up a RideBMX mag. Yopu'll find prices in there.

If you are just starting out, I don't suggest a 4 Seasons. It's a hella nice bike, but maybe you want to go for something like the WTP Addict. Nothing too expensive, but enough good parts that it's worth the cash you lay down for. That's what I plan on buying this spring.
|

I'm not ignorant, I'm just working on my senelity.

2/25/2007 12:11 PM

Austin wrote:

Brokenbones wrote:

karsk wrote: Brokenbones wrote:

Check out Dan's Comp for prices, or pick up a RideBMX mag. Yopu'll find prices in there.

If you are just starting out, I don't suggest a 4 Seasons. It's a hella nice bike, but maybe you want to go for something like the WTP Addict. Nothing too expensive, but enough good parts that it's worth the cash you lay down for. That's what I plan on buying this spring.

Whats Dan's Comp? pinch

|

2/25/2007 12:46 PM

Brokenbones wrote:

Brokenbones wrote:

Whats Dan's Comp? pinch

Dan's Comp is an online BMX shop. Here's a link to the site: www.danscomp.com

The 4 Seasons is $574.99 and the Beyond is $484.99, and the prices are most likely going to be higher at local bike shops. pinch

Post edited by: Sparta04, at: 2/25/2007 8:48 PM

|

2/25/2007 6:50 PM

Brokenbones wrote:

Whats Dan's Comp? pinch

Sparta04 wrote:

The 4 Seasons is $574.99 and the Beyond is $484.99, and the prices are most likely going to be higher at local bike shops. pinch

just get a complete you'll be happy with, and will suit your riding stly e very well. its nice to go to a local shop and check a bike out to see how you will like it and all

|

3/17/2007 9:31 AM

Brokenbones wrote:

Whats Dan's Comp? pinch

Sparta04 wrote:

just get a complete you'll be happy with, and will suit your riding stly e very well. its nice to go to a local shop and check a bike out to see how you will like it and all

buy a haro FIIC it has a 3 piece and it like 230 or 40 its a nice bike and price isnt that bad

|

3/17/2007 7:48 PM

If you don't need a gyro or a front brake, getting the Fivestar intro will be a waste for you. The good thing about the MirraCo line is Trek is their ditributor. Every bike shop in suburbia carries Trek.

|

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

3/18/2007 12:06 AM

Sparta04 wrote:

DatboyCel wrote:

buy a haro FIIC it has a 3 piece and it like 230 or 40 its a nice bike and price isnt that bad

go with either a Fit complete or a Stolen complete DKs are normally too heavy or a big chunk of the weight is the frame

|

3/18/2007 12:08 AM

i think felt has the sickest completes, they are ready to go and are nice, but frames, i like wtp, or s&m

|

3/18/2007 12:57 PM

Sparta04 wrote:

DatboyCel wrote:

my boy just bought a fit AM and its sweet. Its not actually 31 pounds, its pretty light and you can always 6trim it. go with fit

|

3/18/2007 3:05 PM

DatboyCel wrote:

FaBmXeR wrote:

my boy just bought a fit AM and its sweet. Its not actually 31 pounds, its pretty light and you can always 6trim it. go with fit

Don't get a fit am. once you start getting decent i guarantee you will start breaking or bending parts like crazy. i dont think anything is sealed on it and the frame isnt even full chromoly. dont get that bike its not worth it. if i were you i would spend a little more money and try to get something like stolen score or heater.

|

3/18/2007 5:45 PM

DatboyCel wrote:

FaBmXeR wrote:

rob rides bikes wrote:

Don't get a fit am. once you start getting decent i guarantee you will start breaking or bending parts like crazy. i dont think anything is sealed on it and the frame isnt even full chromoly. dont get that bike its not worth it. if i were you i would spend a little more money and try to get something like stolen score or heater.

get whatever you want, if your a beginner then fine just get that, it doesnt look to bad its not the best of fit completes. but its decent enough for a beginner to start using. and when you get a lot better or better you can always go and build up a custom bike

|

6/19/2017 12:34 PM

10 year old thread

|