Bike Advice

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2013 6:07 PM

I know, there are hundreds of threads like this per day, but at least I'm not asking you to tell me about two stock, complete bikes that I could easily google!

So, I'm looking to trade the bike I own (a flatland/park hybrid that I bought as a complete, the 2011 Redline Rise) for a street-specific bike - I just prefer street riding more. So, I've got a guy game to trade with me, but I haven't been able to find enough details on the rig he'll trade me, so I figured I'd ask here.

Here's his bike:

Frame: Premium Solo (He says 2014, but I can't confirm this since it's been painted [professionally]. The engraving is Premium, with their logo, the serial number is BJ1254, from what I can see)

Madera Protocol HT Cranks
Premium FYB Fork
Shadow Conspiracy Corvus Headset
Premium Whiskey bars
Random grips
Demolition pivotal seat
Kink Super Stump pivotal seat post
Mission seat post clamp
Mission Stem
DK Orbital wheels with sealed DK hubs/rear casette
Premium Sprocket (Stock)

He estimates the weight to be around 22-23lbs.

The one catch (and the seller was very forthcoming about this) is that the rims are slightly bent. Still rideable, just barely noticeable.

If this seems like a good trade, I'm perfectly fine with replacing rims/tires, But first I want to see what you guys, blessed with knowledge I don't have, have to say about this deal.

So, sound good? Bad? Fair? Any red flags?

I should mention that the alternative to this is selling my current bike for $250, and then using that and some of my own cash to get a DK Kvant for $370.

So, what say you guys? The straight-trade setup (the Premium Solo is brakeless, for record), or the upgrade to the Kvant?

Thanks guys!
J

|

10/15/2013 6:12 PM

I'd trade. The rims probably just need to be trued, which isn't a big deal.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/15/2013 6:19 PM

Thanks! From what I could find, the stock Premium Solo is on par (as far as BMX Street quality goes) with my bike, so the fact that he added all of those new parts to it more than made up for the bent rims - if they just need to be trued, even better, but even if I have to full out replace them, the rest of the trimmings make up for it, and, more than anything, I just want to have a street riding bike, rather than a park/flatland hybrid.

All I'll need to do is pick up a couple nice, light pegs for it, and a rear brake once I move into the city (Columbus)

|

10/15/2013 6:48 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I'd trade. The rims probably just need to be trued, which isn't a big deal.

this

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

10/15/2013 9:25 PM

I'd definitely trade. Over time the stock parts will go to shit, but all the aftermarket on there is worth more than $250. Will be a better bike than the dk too.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx