Bike-Length Half Cabs

Related:
Create New Tag

6/14/2014 2:01 PM

What the fuck is up with people doing half cabs with about a meter and a half before what they're cabbing over ? With my freecoaster I've been experiment with half cabs and fakie lines more and I don't get how or why they don't set up for it. For example , Brandon Begin ; his was HAULING and it looks like he 180'd maybe a second before he did the half cab. In his banger (not El toro) he pulls up basically when his wheel is over the ledge for the full cab.

I don't get the concept but it looks good but for me , I like getting maybe 2 -3 bke lengths at average speed so I can set it up . Are they for looks? Is it just with experience that you dont need to set up for them?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/14/2014 2:19 PM

I'll halfcab how I want. I'll halfcab going forwards if I want to.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/14/2014 2:22 PM

One time I called a cab and only a half cab showed up and then the driver mooned me.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/14/2014 5:03 PM

Quick cabs are fun, sometimes i like a nice long coast before cab other times i want to cab as soon as both tires contact. Just depends the set-up or mood im in.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/14/2014 7:00 PM

Half cabs are one of those tricks i like to do. Haha When i had a coaster i could really get em as high as the 180 itself. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/14/2014 9:32 PM

Any tips for getting half cabs higher? I just do them low to get back to normal

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/14/2014 9:37 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Any tips for getting half cabs higher? I just do them low to get back to normal

Hop higher.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/15/2014 3:25 AM

Tryleaning over you back wheel loads, then its like a fat hop

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

6/15/2014 6:36 AM

Who cares?

Are you going to be upset that Nyquist is left foot forward and spins to the left comfortably?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/15/2014 8:11 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Who cares?

Are you going to be upset that Nyquist is left foot forward and spins to the left comfortably?

This.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/15/2014 8:26 AM

And honestly I would bet those who 180 right before and quickly spring their half cab either do so for better pop (it may be how it works for them) or just so they don't have to fakie a while and potentially get crooked and mess up. Less time to wobble while going backwards.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/15/2014 8:38 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

And honestly I would bet those who 180 right before and quickly spring their half cab either do so for better pop (it may be how it works for them) or just so they don't have to fakie a while and potentially get crooked and mess up. Less time to wobble while going backwards.

That makes sense. Like how some guys lift their back wheel and smack it down to get the pop to 180 out of a smith

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/15/2014 9:05 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

This. Anyone who's ridden a coaster (or chain less like myself) will know how easy it is to get speed wobbles going backwards. Also, since it's theoretically the BACK wheel wobbling (for the direction being traveled) you wobble so much more

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

6/15/2014 12:54 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Who cares?

yes. it is confuzzling.

(I really don't care, just needed to be that guy)

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/15/2014 4:13 PM

Photo
|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"