Bike Of The Day

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2013 12:25 AM

Starting to think they only pick street....

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but only known people, and street steeds get put onto bike of the day.... I had bike of the day once, but only when it was street, now that my bike is park rat, it's avoided (not saying it should be bike of the day, just making an example)

But i've almost never seen a park rat bike of the day, they are always two/three pegs fat tires and no brakes.

|

5/19/2013 12:33 AM

Photo

^this bike was bike of the day once...I guess you would call this a "park rat" setup
|

5/19/2013 12:35 AM

and this one

Photo

|

5/19/2013 1:56 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

and this one

Photo

lol.... and how long did it take you to search for those? within the 3 months that those two were posted how many street bike checks were chosen?

I've seen super sick park rat bikes on here and they go unnoticed...

You found two, over 1000's of street bikes.

Those were posted months ago. I tried digging for some and it took me forever to find any.
There isn't much variety besides street on vital

Even on the video section, There are only once in a blue moon decent park edits.
Starting to annoy me because i enjoy street just as much as park, but it's 80% street and 20% park on here.

|

5/19/2013 7:49 AM

be thankful park even gets any exposure. yes street gets more, and no i have no idea why. but you could be a trail boss. they get virtually no exposure. street riding is just trending as of now. i remmber like 2 months ago, all i saw anywhere was park edits non stop. trends come and go. just ignore them and ride your bike

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/19/2013 8:22 AM

ive been riding 3 pegs since 2004 son

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/19/2013 8:24 AM

lol everyone on here says brakes and profile stuff is park rat stuff, but near me park rats(including me) ride what u guys call street setups, fat tires no brakes 2 3 or 4 pegs ect.

|

5/19/2013 10:09 AM

Quit bitching. I ride park and enjoy it but I have a street setup. Park rat bikes are all the same, low, skinny tires, profiles, brakes.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/19/2013 10:20 AM

my bike bro

i have 2 pegs on now .............had 3 and just took my brakes off watch my edit

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/19/2013 1:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2013 1:29 PM

@jake - it literally took me a total of 2 minutes to find both of those. i'll talk to the others about this though and see what they say. i personally haven't seen many "park rat" bikes on here in general though. most likely brakeless bikes.

|

5/19/2013 1:37 PM

What about race bikes?

Bahahahaha.Oh right,vital..............

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

5/19/2013 2:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2013 2:19 PM

bloghogs wrote:

What about race bikes?

Bahahahaha.Oh right,vital..............

Because race bikes are gay and GT should fail.

Or not? wink

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/19/2013 2:49 PM

Photo
Well,somebody is having a bad day................

tongue
|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

5/19/2013 3:03 PM

Hahaha saw that picture before.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/19/2013 4:17 PM

future FBM wrote:

Quit bitching. I ride park and enjoy it but I have a street setup. Park rat bikes are all the same, low, skinny tires, profiles, brakes.

You obviously have a huge stereotypical issue then...

Because i have close to 9" standover height, cult match rear and colony clone front hub also i have park rat tires.. but they are 20x2.10 inflate to around 2.20, and if you think im bullshitting, my brake arm clearance used to be about 1cm with odyssey path tires 20x2.10 but not it's like 4mm............

I don't have profiles
I don't have a hangover frame
I don't have profile cranks
I don't have skinny tires.

|

5/19/2013 4:28 PM

future FBM wrote:

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

Because i have close to 9" standover height, cult match rear and colony clone front hub also i have park rat tires.. but they are 20x2.10 inflate to around 2.20, and if you think im bullshitting, my brake arm clearance used to be about 1cm with odyssey path tires 20x2.10 but not it's like 4mm............

I don't have profiles

It was a joke home dog. Chill the fuck out. There isn't anything strictly for one type of riding, different goes obv make different things easier. Each discipline also requires only so much strength. Park riders don't necessarily need girth and such so profiles make sense. Hell my buddy rides 90% dirt and rides mtt tires.

Point: park bikes generally look similar to another while street bikes generally have a different little flair in some way as far as 4pc vs 2 pc, fat vs skinny tires, stand over vs scooter, tech vs trails. Street is the overall incorporation of all disciplines and have parts to fit each style.

That's my view, sorry if I offended you in anyway. Actually I hope your cable snaps and you otb to a scrapped knee.

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/19/2013 9:32 PM

future FBM wrote:

I don't have profiles

future FBM wrote:

It was a joke home dog. Chill the fuck out. There isn't anything strictly for one type of riding, different goes obv make different things easier. Each discipline also requires only so much strength. Park riders don't necessarily need girth and such so profiles make sense. Hell my buddy rides 90% dirt and rides mtt tires.

Point: park bikes generally look similar to another while street bikes generally have a different little flair in some way as far as 4pc vs 2 pc, fat vs skinny tires, stand over vs scooter, tech vs trails. Street is the overall incorporation of all disciplines and have parts to fit each style.

That's my view, sorry if I offended you in anyway. Actually I hope your cable snaps and you otb to a scrapped knee.

It was a joke?

Yet you're still stereotyping...

My mate has a 7.5" Stand over height and he's a street dog with two pegs.....?

My other mate has a colony setup for park and ride only street.
I have heaps of friends who have bikes setup quite the opposite yet they do different shit...

MY whole entire argument is that VITAL ITSELF has a huge influence on street riding, which tends to get boring watching the same shit every day, especially when you're like me and into park, street, dirt and none the less... there should be a lot more variety in the categories they use.

Your whole entire statement means nothing?
You're just stereotyping and making idiotic claims, and wishing me to 'snap a cable', aren't you supposed to be a BMX brother and support one another? Yet you're oblivious to the fact you're a complete asshole, for no reason.

|

5/19/2013 9:41 PM

It was a joke?

I have heaps of friends who have bikes setup quite the opposite yet they do different shit...

MY whole entire argument is that VITAL ITSELF has a huge influence on street riding, which tends to get boring watching the same shit every day, especially when you're like me and into park, street, dirt and none the less... there should be a lot more variety in the categories they use.

You're just stereotyping and making idiotic claims, and wishing me to 'snap a cable', aren't you supposed to be a BMX brother and support one another? Yet you're oblivious to the fact you're a complete asshole, for no reason.

LOL

LOLOLOLOL

SO MUCH BUTTHURt

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/19/2013 9:44 PM

future FBM wrote:

It was a joke?

Xxohioanxx wrote:

LOL

LOLOLOLOL

SO MUCH BUTTHURt

Says the one with a street setup, also taking sides wink

Nice bike, Shit attitude.

Good work bro!

|

5/19/2013 9:53 PM

So basically this entire thread is "why hasn't my bike been picked as bike of the day". This is silly.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

5/19/2013 9:55 PM

Says the one with a street setup, also taking sides wink

Nice bike, Shit attitude.

Good work bro!

I'm not taking sides, mainly cause I don't care enough to get mad over Vital mainly posting street setups. If they posted mainly just park setups, I wouldn't care either. You're just getting super upset over something that is not even a huge deal. Diagnosis: Type II Butthurt. Rub some of this on you and get some rest

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

5/19/2013 9:57 PM

Me? wrote:

So basically this entire thread is "why hasn't my bike been picked as bike of the day". This is silly.

This.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/20/2013 7:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2013 7:48 AM

Me? wrote:

my bike has already been on bike of the day twice, when it was street and park.

I don't give two shits if my bike gets on the front page, i just see street shit everywhere and nothing entertaining like adam banton.

|

5/20/2013 7:56 AM

We don't all like park riding. Street has way more variety, sure park riders go high and fast, but non of them jump 23 stairs to face plant and try it again.

|

5/20/2013 10:13 AM

Me? wrote:

my bike has already been on bike of the day twice, when it was street and park.

I don't give two shits if my bike gets on the front page, i just see street shit everywhere and nothing entertaining like adam banton.

So why bitch like a pussy? Park, street, dirt, flatland, ect... It's all big men riding little bikes doing silly tricks. Honestly park is cool, but gets very boring, every park rider does basically the exact same thing and for the most part bikes do look the same, that's not a stereotype, that's an observation. Street on the other hand might not always have constant bangers like park (this statement excludes Bone Deth's team.), but everyone has there style and most bikes while looking similar are usually not exactly the same. This is honestly one of the dumbest threads I've ever been apart of.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

5/20/2013 10:34 AM

Oh yeah bitches! My bike has been picked haha! I must admit though my bike fits the stereotype the OP said about Street, 4 Piece bars, Top load stem, 4 Pegs, Hub Guards all that jazz.

|

5/20/2013 12:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2013 12:25 PM

Who the f*ck cares? Ride your god damn bike. I've ridden 4 pegs / freecoasters in a park, and 2 brakes and no pegs for street. You can use a bike for anything. God, bitching about set ups is soo stupid. Grow up.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/20/2013 12:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2013 12:28 PM

In all honestly I've never given any thought to what kind of set-ups get chosen for BOTD. The abundance of street set-up bikes is largely due to the popularity of street in BMX and the sheer number of street oriented bikes that are uploaded to the bike check section. I'd say the majority of riders i know, see around, and hear about, all ride street oriented bikes. Street is just what's currently most popular, take for example the fact that the X-games street video got 1000 FB likes, the park practice video only got around 300. Naturally when there are 20 street oriented bikes and 2 park oriented bikes, the street oriented bikes are going to get picked much more often.

The main factor in choosing a BOTD is the quality of the photos, so finding a park oriented bike that has a good variety of photos is even harder. Your set-up looks good and to tell you the truth, I hadn't seen it before today. You have a good amount of pictures with nice shallow depth of field, BUT the main photo of your bike isn't all that exciting, your bike is kind of dark and the photo is taken against a dark brown fence. Your bike doesn't stand out in the photo, it doesn't look particularly good. Maybe if you had a main photo of your bike against a bright and/or colorful background it would stand out more and get more attention.

I hope this helps! There is never any bias against the orientation of ones bike for BOTD picks, it's the other criteria that comes into play.

|

5/20/2013 12:26 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Who the f*ck cares? Ride your god damn bike. I've ridden 4 pegs / freecoasters in a park, and 2 brakes and no pegs for street. You can use a bike for anything. God, bitching about set ups is soo stupid. Grow up.

This.

|